Off-season banter: Is Orlando Franklin worth a look? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Off-season banter: Is Orlando Franklin worth a look?

I would welcome it as any action would be welcome at this time but I don't think we are doing any "Bringing in" of anyone until we get to camp. This whole off season, no news, nothing happening thing is getting on my nerves... I want the show on the road already...

If that is the cake wouldn't that be a bigger reason for us to sign him? He was a success in Gase's scheme. Personally don't know anything about him, but if the scheme was the reason for his success it was Adam Gase's scheme.
I think a big part of it was also Manning getting rid of the ball and making the Franklin look better too.

If Asiata and Larsen look like crap in camp, that's when you sign him.

Remember Franklin was drafted as a tackle, struggled there for a few seasons and then moved to guard. He had a few good years at guard in Denver which led to a big contract from the Chargers and things didn't work out. I recall when some fans wanted Miami to sign him during free agency some of us warned that you had to be careful because some of Franklin's success in Denver was due to the scheme and having Peyton Manning at qb.

You mean like Adam Gase's scheme???

Adam will know the player and whether he's worth brining in or not.

The Adam Gase offense is different from when Manning was at the helm. With Manning and Gase the Broncos threw to ball as much as any team in the league and Manning excelled in getting rid of the ball quickly. In Miami the Gase offense threw the ball less than 31 teams

Is he better than the corpse of bushrod? If so then come on down

Bushrod played pretty decent last year, not great by any means, but certainly not bad either...pretty sure he was only lineman to play every game, and after Tunsil I would say he was our 2nd best OL overall last year...Pouncey missed too much time, Albert missed some time and wasn't great as was James...which is why Pouncey worries me, yeah he is great when he plays but when does he play??

Gase has experience with him from before, right? If he wants to come here as depth, sure. Hell, he may even push to start... but how far has his play fallen? Would he be an equivalent to Bushrod essentially at this point?? I wouldnt mind another body that could help as a G/T also.... Bushrod could kick out to LT in a pinch

It could just be a case of the Chargers saying "we didn't draft Lamp and Feeney to put either on the bench and Franklin makes too much for a backup." It may have been a combination of play and salary as opposed to pure performance that led to his release. I might go back and rewatch the Miami San Diego game.

The Adam Gase offense is different from when Manning was at the helm. With Manning and Gase the Broncos threw to ball as much as any team in the league and Manning excelled in getting rid of the ball quickly. In Miami the Gase offense threw the ball less than 31 teams

The lack of attempts was mainly because we failed to get first downs and sustain drives not because we got away from the passing game. Gase certainly did a very good job of balancing out the run/pass ration attack but we were 31st in first downs which limited the amount of passing attempts.

The lack of attempts was mainly because we failed to get first downs and sustain drives not because we got away from the passing game. Gase certainly did a very good job of balancing out the run/pass ration attack but we were 31st in first downs which limited the amount of passing attempts.

Also, the fact the defense couldn't get off the field and was 30th against the run allowing the opposing team to run clock and shorten the game.

Gase has experience with him from before, right? If he wants to come here as depth, sure. Hell, he may even push to start... but how far has his play fallen? Would he be an equivalent to Bushrod essentially at this point?? I wouldnt mind another body that could help as a G/T also.... Bushrod could kick out to LT in a pinch
C_9_LP3-_VYAAg_C.jpg

Damn talk about a steep drop off, regardless of what you think of PFF

We were #19 in rushing attempts and 31st in pass attempts, so the balance for sure shifted. Both of those number take a huge hit due to the offense having the fewest snaps of any NFL team. It is for sure a far cry from Denver's play calling, but the scheme is still the same.

Drew Rosenhaus, who represents Franklin, was on with Joe Rose this morning. Drew contacted the Dolphins because Franklin is very interested in the Dolphins. The assistant OL line coach, Chris Kuper, was Franklin's teammate in Denver. Of course, Gase knows him as well.

Drew was candid. Franklin is more interested in Miami than the Dolphins are in him at this point.

Back
Top Bottom