Off-season banter: Is Orlando Franklin worth a look? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Off-season banter: Is Orlando Franklin worth a look?

Drew Rosenhaus, who represents Franklin, was on with Joe Rose this morning. Drew contacted the Dolphins because Franklin is very interested in the Dolphins. The assistant OL line coach, Chris Kuper, was Franklin's teammate in Denver. Of course, Gase knows him as well.

Drew was candid. Franklin is more interested in Miami than the Dolphins are in him at this point.

Thanks for posting this... I mean what could it hurt to add some veteran depth on the cheap?

Well how bad did Franklin play last year anyone know.

Didn't he go to Miami?

Yes, he was a Hurricane. I am all for him becoming Dolphin if he is willing to take a prove it contract. He is huge, has freaky "Debo" eyes, is expierienced in Gase's offense, and is another guy who has versatility as he has played T and G. I'm very nervous about our depth at T.

That being said I trust Gase on this. He coached the guy before so if he has no interest then the guy probably doesn't have the mentality Gase is trying to build on this team.

Drew Rosenhaus, who represents Franklin, was on with Joe Rose this morning. Drew contacted the Dolphins because Franklin is very interested in the Dolphins. The assistant OL line coach, Chris Kuper, was Franklin's teammate in Denver. Of course, Gase knows him as well.

Drew was candid. Franklin is more interested in Miami than the Dolphins are in him at this point.

If he's as interested as it sounds, he should swallow his pride and play for the vet minimum.

If there was a team in need of a starting guard, it's us.

We also need a back up for James. Who comes in if he gets hurt?

Sam Young? God no!!

I thought Sam Young did a decent job in 2016. I'm not saying he's a Pro Bowler, but he was a decent reserve.

I thought Sam Young did a decent job in 2016. I'm not saying he's a Pro Bowler, but he was a decent reserve.

He did a decent job for sure. Can't argue that

I believe Franklin is an upgrade but who knows lol

I think Franklin's versatility makes him more valuable. I'd feel more comfortable if James were to get hurt.

If Tunsil gets hurt, we're doomed. This is where I believe Franklin being able to play RT comes into play.

James would have to slide to LT while we insert Franklin at RT.

The drop off would be obvious but not as bad as it could be.

Having said that, if he were smart he'd look at how we operate and work his A$$ off for a new contract if given the chance. He does know we have 2 guard spots up for grabs lol

He'd be able to come home, compete for a starting spot, and probably have a great chance to win it.

It would only be on our terms and surely wouldn't hurt.

Competition will always bring the best out of anyone that is a true competitor.

He did a decent job for sure. Can't argue that

I believe Franklin is an upgrade but who knows lol

I think Franklin's versatility makes him more valuable. I'd feel more comfortable if James were to get hurt.

If Tunsil gets hurt, we're doomed. This is where I believe Franklin being able to play RT comes into play.

James would have to slide to LT while we insert Franklin at RT.

The drop off would be obvious but not as bad as it could be.

Having said that, if he were smart he'd look at how we operate and work his A$$ off for a new contract if given the chance. He does know we have 2 guard spots up for grabs lol

He'd be able to come home, compete for a starting spot, and probably have a great chance to win it.

It would only be on our terms and surely wouldn't hurt.

Competition will always bring the best out of anyone that is a true competitor.

I think Bushrod would move to LT if Tunsil went down for a significant amount of time.

Back
Top Bottom