Off-Season Plan, because what else is there? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Off-Season Plan, because what else is there?

Virginia99

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Draft
#1 Tua or Herbert. I go back and forth on these guys. Tua is precise and see's the field (because of OLine too) better. Herbert is a physical specimen with a gun. Flip a coin.
#4 Chase Allen. Obviously predicated on Steelers sucking. There's good potential for this. Chase Allen is the best player in the draft and a monster off the edge. Cincy picks a QB and Washington picks OL or Jerry Juedy at 2 and 3.
#17 OC Tyler Biadasz - Day one starter. Put him next to his former Wisc linemate (Dieter). Anchors the line. Looking at Houston going 8-8 ish.

1st 2nd rounder - Best skilled player on the board at CB or WR. Possible for RB's like Jonathan Taylor and Travis Etienne.

2nd 2nd rounder - anything goes - Best player available.

Free Agency
DE/OLB - Yannick Ngakoue - This guy on one side and Chase Allen on the other side. Pass rush solved. Not sure is Jax can lose a 25 year old talent like this.
RT - Jake Conklin - Especially if Lefty Tua is the QB.
CB - Mid level vet
Safety - Ha Ha Clinton Dix - Always been a good athlete. Bears may not need him and are going to have to pay others on that D.

All right. Everyone can put their two cents in. Just getting this started.

Is Conklin the one who is always injured?

Torn ACL in the playoffs two years ago against NE.

Still young enough to take a chance on when he was all pro as a rookie, IIRC. Your not sniffing a guy like that if he doesn’t come with baggage.

If he’s worth signing, Tennessee will likely make the decision for us. He’s a player to watch. As is Brandon Scherff.

Draft
#1 Tua or Herbert. I go back and forth on these guys. Tua is precise and see's the field (because of OLine too) better. Herbert is a physical specimen with a gun. Flip a coin.
#4 Chase Allen. Obviously predicated on Steelers sucking. There's good potential for this. Chase Allen is the best player in the draft and a monster off the edge. Cincy picks a QB and Washington picks OL or Jerry Juedy at 2 and 3.
#17 OC Tyler Biadasz - Day one starter. Put him next to his former Wisc linemate (Dieter). Anchors the line. Looking at Houston going 8-8 ish.

1st 2nd rounder - Best skilled player on the board at CB or WR. Possible for RB's like Jonathan Taylor and Travis Etienne.

Free Agency
DE/OLB - Yannick Ngakoue - This guy on one side and Chase Allen on the other side. Pass rush solved. Not sure is Jax can lose a 25 year old talent like this.
CB - Mid level vet
Safety - Ha Ha Clinton Dix - Always been a good athlete. Bears may not need him and are going to have to pay others on that D.

What else is there? 12 more games.

I think Miami needs to concentrate on the most impactful positions. That obviously begins with the quarterback. I think Tua is the type the team is looking for, accuracy, smarts etc. Trent Dilfer's report on Tua was certainly encouraging. I know that's just one opinion, but based on that he sounds like exactly what the Dolphins are looking for. Herbert has all the physical tools. Fromm might be in the picture as well.

From there, Miami needs to look for pass rush, corner and blindside protector (RT if Tua is the pick). That's where I'd concentrate the draft picks, although this looks to be an outstanding year for wide receivers as well. The Dolphins need help everywhere so BPA definitely makes sense.

In free agency, I'd like to see the team get two starting caliber offensive linemen. It's hard to say how free agency will play out because we don't know what players will, ultimately, make it there. This is a year I'd overpay for talent. A Suh-type deal wouldn't hurt Miami with this current roster. By the time players from 2019, 2020 and 2021 need to be paid, those contracts would be off the books.

We don't want Conklin. Especially guarding Tua's backside. Dude is very overrated based on his rookie year.

Jets prior drafts have me skittish about picking an Ohio State DE that high.

Draft

Free Agency
CB - Mid level vet

Wait...what? Between FA and the Draft your plans is to ONLY bring in 2 guys for the OL?

I’ve heard that the plan is to sign like around 15-20 free agents in the $2-$8 million range. I guess it depends on how the draft falls. I would prefer qb, pass rusher & OT in the 1st round but what if Jerry Jeudy is there for the taking? I think you have to take him. In the 2nd and 3rd rounds we should probably just take a bunch of Olinemen & DB’s unless we’re in love with a TE or RB.

I think the Dolphins will move the Pittsburgh pick and possible pick 33 if it's theirs looking for more picks and again hoping for further draft riches, landing Tua and acquiring an offensive line and a CB being top priorities. Volume drafting in the top 3 rounds and acquiring more 1st, 2nd and 3rd in future drafts.

No one hits on all their draft picks only way to ensure draft success is to have more picks.

Maneuvering thru FA is just as hard and costs cap $ - we really haven't had any luck with OL with knee issues. I see them being extremely careful in FA possibly moving large sums over to next year, they need players just have to find the right ones....trading, Dolphins could become very active, late round picks for players who are coming off rookie contracts.

Back
Top Bottom