Off-Season Plan, because what else is there? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Off-Season Plan, because what else is there?

The “don’t draft Tua because he is from Bama” argument makes zero sense.
1st off- how many “great” QBs come from any particular university?
2ndly - who are these Bama QBs that were busts? McCarron? McElroy? They werent expected to be anything more than backups.
Finally- if talking history- ever hear of Namath? Starr? Stabler...
Really how many great QBs have been provided by entire state of Florida universities? Jim Kelly? Charlie Ward LOL

Mayfield was a 5th year Senior when he had a big game against Ohio St.

When he was a sophomore he was throwing 2 INT’s to Clemson and getting blown out.
Didn't Tua lose to Clemson last season in the Championship?

Tua is playing for National Championships while Rosen was losing the Deez Nutz Poinsettia Bowl.

Edit. Sorry he was losing the Cheez-it Bowl to Kansas State 35-17.

That's one way to look at it. Baker Mayfield also threw 2 INT's and got his ass waxed by Clemson when he was a sophomore too.

Jets prior drafts have me skittish about picking an Ohio State DE that high.

So you arbitrarily cite NYJ while conveniently ignore SD and SF?

I guess you haven’t noticed how either Bosa brother is looking these days, huh?

If you had, your skittishness over Ohio State DE’s would be next to nil.

Silly me. All this time I thought ‘teams’ won and lost games, not a single player.

I have no idea then why MIA ever drafted and kept that Marino guy — since he never won in college — and single handedly lost to the 49ers in that SB so very long ago.

Wait a sec! Didn’t Tua single-handedly win a National title the season before losing it when he threw that pass against Georgia???

Damn, you had me for a second!!! But now I’m reversing my field.....

SMH.

The “don’t draft Tua because he is from Bama” argument makes zero sense.
1st off- how many “great” QBs come from any particular university?

How silly were the Dolphins for ever selecting that QB from the University of Pittsburgh? Lol.

Someone should have warned Philly and Buffalo about the QB history from North Dakota and Wyoming before they wasted top picks.

Oh, and someone please help me remember all the HOF QB’s Southern Miss produced before and after that dude named Favre. It’s slipping my mind somehow....

Last edited:
So you arbitrarily cite NYJ while conveniently ignore SD and SF?

I guess you haven’t noticed how either Bosa brother is looking these days, huh?

If you had, your skittishness over Ohio State DE’s would be next to nil.

No, just trying to pump the brakes on the posters drooling.

I haven't studied him and I'll probably do it soon.

Just saw Nick last night. He wasn't overhyped about his hand use.

No, just trying to pump the brakes on the posters drooling.

I haven't studied him and I'll probably do it soon.

Just saw Nick last night. He wasn't overhyped about his hand use.

I hear ya. I've been trying (and failing miserably) to pump the brakes on those dissing on Tua for non-sensical reasons.

Regarding the Bosa brothers, they are both super impactful players. But having watched both of them extensively while at tOSU, I believe Nick will turn out to be better than his older brother.

Once he left the Buckeyes due to injury, their defense suffered like no other. While much better this season, last season's defense was among the worst I've seen in a long time. But when Nick Bosa was in the lineup taking on double and triple teams, they looked like a capable defense.

Back
Top Bottom