Off-Season Plan, because what else is there? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Off-Season Plan, because what else is there?

I'd love to see in the draft:

Round 1 (and looking to trade down 2nd or 3rd pick )
1a QB that the team loves to compete with Rosen
1b Stud 3 down defender (meaning CB or Front 7 that can play pass and rush)
1c OL

Round 2
2a WR
2b Best OL or TE (need a 2 way TE...not a pure inline nor patty cake blocker - would be great to have a guy that can run, catch and block)

Round 3 (only showing one as the James comp pick may be a 4th due to injuries I recently read)
3 WR or TE (if we did not get one in 2nd)

Idea is to get our QB of the future in rook or Rosen. Start building O around him as a priority, but grab a blue chip defender with the Pitt pick to help the D talent level (replace a scrub with a stud makes a big difference). Having said that, if a real talent drops, I think you have to flexibility to grab a higher tier player though it's not a targeted position.

I'd be creative and try to take Cousins' contract (as another poster called it...an Osweiler) for another 2 in '20 or a 1 in '21. Don't care about Cousins, just want to turn $ into draft capital.

Fill holes in FA but no mega deals...shoot for solid vets...make sure the OLine is solid with decent depth. Get better players in the secondary - look to have 2-3 new starters with only Howard penciled in

Look at the play by Herbert at the 1030 mark of the 3rd quarter tonight.

Look at how much he has on that ball to breeland closer to opposite hash off platform with a defender in his legs.

Look at the play by Herbert at the 1030 mark of the 3rd quarter tonight.

Look at how much he has on that ball to breeland closer to opposite hash off platform with a defender in his legs.

I'm too busy watching Chase Young wreak havoc.

I watched that Oregon cal game yesterday...Herbert looked pedestrian minus a very few select throws. Has a cannon but draws comparisons to mariota mentally. Really soured me on him.

Mayfield was a 5th year Senior when he had a big game against Ohio St.

When he was a sophomore he was throwing 2 INT’s to Clemson and getting blown out.

I don’t have a dog in the race for which QB we get as long it’s who the staff wants and they’re competent. I hope anyone we get is the dude we need. It’s unfortunate Rosen doesn’t look like that guy. Scout, interview and draft right.

What I won’t be is convinced of an Alabama players greatness by a guy with an Alabama avatar screaming over and over that his dude is THE dude while simultaneously saying mayfield, a proven NFL commodity, isn’t good because of a game he played as a sophomore in college.

I'm on the Chase Young and Jonathan Taylor bandwagon, top 2 picks.
Love those picks.. Would also like an OT or C in the first..

WR and OL in second.

They could possibly trade down and build some draft capital for Fields in 2021 also. He's going to be a stud. I'm a little bias also though.

Last edited:
Fields?????..remember mudd spelled backwards is ddum!!!...

The good news for today is that we were not out-scored and didn't lose!

I'll take my positives anywhere I can find then this season.

Back
Top Bottom