Off-Season Plan, because what else is there? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Off-Season Plan, because what else is there?

Tools is why Herbert will go top 5 when it’s all said and done. Either in a trade up or a team sprinting the card up.

Top 8 is the floor regardless of what the college tape looks like

Nfl loves tools. Top of the draft absolutely loves tools.

So can’t ever rule it out.

The LSU game is going to tell you a little more about Love. But he's at best been up and down. Whereas Tua has been consistently good and outstanding so far this season.

How do you sell the up and down guy is better than the consistently good-great player?

The LSU game is going to tell you a little more about Love. But he's at best been up and down. Whereas Tua has been consistently good and outstanding so far this season.

How do you sell the up and down guy is better than the consistently good-great player?

LSU game will give scouts nfl type comp. something he rarely sees in that conference. Sec comp carries a lot of weight in the pros.

It takes away projection. And it should it’s the closest thing to the pro game these kids see in terms of speed of the game and physicality

I don’t agree with that. His arm is no less than Peyton Manning’s was or Drew Brees before the core and shoulder work etc.

I think people are playing possum when it comes to tua and how much they like him.

There's probably some truth to that.

I think his arm is less than young Peytons, even on deep ball plays (even weak qbs can throw 50 yards) 90 percent of them are to the middle of the field and rarely to the sideline (harder throw). Out routes won't be in his arsenal where with Colts Manning that was his go to and he had zip on those throws it wasn't all timing.

I think his arm is less than young Peytons, even on deep ball plays (even weak qbs can throw 50 yards) 90 percent of them are to the middle of the field and rarely to the sideline (harder throw). Out routes won't be in his arsenal where with Colts Manning that was his go to and he had zip on those throws it wasn't all timing.

Peyton beat people with his processing more than anything. Well that a combined with elite level placement and timing. His recognition at the los and ability to process pre to post snap was maybe nfl best ever.

Arm though nothing special. Those other traits elevated his arm

Peyton beat people with his processing more than anything. Well that a combined with elite level placement and timing. His recognition at the los and ability to process pre to post snap was maybe nfl best ever.

Arm though nothing special. Those other traits elevated his arm

Agreed, he was also 6'6 with unreal footwork, throws were totally in sync with his drop back.

The two QBs the Fins scouted the most are Herbert and Love according to rumors.

Yes! But, Grier has personally seen Tua 2x in person from my understanding.

Here's a question for you. If you knew Tua was your #1 Qb does that mean you wouldn't do your due deliegience on the other potentials?

Second, At this time there isn't a guarantee that 1) Tua is coming out and that 2) You'll end up with the #1 overall pick. So isn't it prudent to do your homework just in case?

That ball came out at a timing wise level that was lethal. Pure lethal. In sync with his route combos and his feet etc.

You can't make a statement like that without a little more explanation. What is it about that guy that makes you say that?

I just don't see the NFL being in love with a 6'0 QB with a pedestrian arm after seeing Mahomes, Baker and even Murray, plus there's a lot of Gm's and coaches that heavily grade on qbs facing adversity in fact Norv Turner was reported to only watch college tape of qb's during the blitz and 3rd down during the scouting process.

Here’s the thing. Baker mayfield for example. That kid can rifle it. But can that kid process pre to post snap at the tua level? And if he can’t how much can that offset tuas arm in tbe pros?

Cause while I get it with your tight windows throws in tbe pros and some tougher arm ask concepts wise that kid will diagnose it faster and that ball will be out quicker and with elite level placement in tbe process.

I just don’t think it’s as big a deal as some do. And again this is west coast and rpo im running offense wise.

Yes! But, Grier has personally seen Tua 2x in person from my understanding.

Here's a question for you. If you knew Tua was your #1 Qb does that mean you wouldn't do your due deliegience on the other potentials?

Second, At this time there isn't a guarantee that 1) Tua is coming out and that 2) You'll end up with the #1 overall pick. So isn't it prudent to do your homework just in case?

Well maybe it is just doing there due diligence but I just get the feeling there's something more to it,

For the record I think Tua's Floor is Sam Darnold to Mariota so I think he's NFL starter material, I think I view him higher than the NFL will.

Here’s the thing. Baker mayfield for example. That kid can rifle it. But can that kid process pre to post snap at the tua level? And if he can’t how much can that offset tuas arm in tbe pros?

Cause while I get it with your tight windows throws in tbe pros and some tougher arm ask concepts wise that kid will diagnose it faster and that ball will be out quicker and with elite level placement in tbe process.

I just don’t think it’s as big a deal as some do. And again this is west coast and rpo im running offense wise.

IDK but I'm still waiting for a high level of performance vs an elite defense like Baker had vs Ohio State, I need to see that from Tua.

Back
Top Bottom