Offical 06-07 NBA Eastern Conference Thread.. (keep Heat talk to a minimum pls) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical 06-07 NBA Eastern Conference Thread.. (keep Heat talk to a minimum pls)

DolphinDevil28 said:
They just might, juuuuuuust might be better than the Heat this year.
Early season hype aside......

No way they're a better team than the Heat.

Nonetheless, fantastic young team that I love to watch whenever the Heat aren't playing. Dwight Howard is just.. man, I have no words. The guy is a BEAST. There is no way he's not considered as THE BEST BIG in the game by next year, the latest. They are going to be a tough team to beat in the playoffs for anyone, and they should see a first or second round exit (which would be a huge improvement).

DolphinDevil28 said:
Magic keep winning!!!!

They just might, juuuuuuust might be better than the Heat this year. They are way deeper, have a dominant big man and a lot of sharp shooters.

If the Magic can just cut down on the turnovers and play a little better D, they have a real shot in the East.

once Reddick is healthy, I think the team becomes even more dangerous. Howard and Nelson are going to be All-Stars sooner rather than later, Turkalu is having a great season, Hill is healthy, Arroyo and Dooling are adding a spark off the bench, and Darko is playing pretty well. JJ will add another 3 point shooter that IMO they need to go to the next level.

Frustrated Webber wants out of Philadelphia

Chris Webber, frustrated after working his way back from a knee injury only to see his role reduced, wants to be traded by the Philadelphia 76ers, according to a report in the Sacramento Bee.

"I'm not going to keep playing like this," Webber told the Bee on Wednesday after scoring six points in 23 minutes in Philadelphia's 96-90 win at Seattle.
He told the paper that he has already made his feelings clear to 76ers management.

"I don't like this role," he said. "So, you can take that however you want."

Webber, a five-time All-Star who has also played for Golden State, Washington and Sacramento, is averaging just over 30 minutes a game, well below his career average of 38.

According to the Bee, Webber said during training camp that he was in his best shape since the surgery. He did shoot only 37 percent, however, in the 76ers' first seven games.

76ers coach Maurice Cheeks said he wouldn't put one player above the good of his team.

"I'm sure (he's frustrated)," Cheeks told the Bee. "But this is a team game and we're trying to treat it as such. We're not trying to put a lot of individual things on what we're trying to do. I certainly understand it's hard. It's a difficult situation. But we're trying to do this as a team and not break it down."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15755921/

ChambersWI said:
once Reddick is healthy, I think the team becomes even more dangerous. Howard and Nelson are going to be All-Stars sooner rather than later, Turkalu is having a great season, Hill is healthy, Arroyo and Dooling are adding a spark off the bench, and Darko is playing pretty well. JJ will add another 3 point shooter that IMO they need to go to the next level.

Keep in mind that whenever JJ played NBA caliber athletic G's in College he struggled m ightily and even though he is considered a great shooter he only shot slightly above 40% from the college line. Unless he's getting wide open looks he's going to struggle big time in the NBA.

Count Miami out of the running for the top seed..

Shaq's out 4-6 weeks, and by the time he's back, we'll probably be 5 games under .500 or even lower. We won't have enough time to make up ground to get into the race for the top seed by then.

Miami doesn't need home court, as long as Shaq and Wade are healthy come playoff time they'll be ok.

The Blueprint said:
Count Miami out of the running for the top seed..

Shaq's out 4-6 weeks, and by the time he's back, we'll probably be 5 games under .500 or even lower. We won't have enough time to make up ground to get into the race for the top seed by then.

hmm...funny how much of a difference shaq makes to this heat team, maybe i was right afterall...go figure :rolleyes:

Buddwalk said:
hmm...funny how much of a difference shaq makes to this heat team, maybe i was right afterall...go figure :rolleyes:

of course he's going to make a big difference....anyone who's 7'3 320 powerhouse presence is going to make a difference

MARINO1384 said:
of course he's going to make a big difference....anyone who's 7'3 320 powerhouse presence is going to make a difference
7''1 :wink: :wink: :wink:

Buddwalk said:
7''1 :wink: :wink: :wink:

w/e lol point is he's hugeeeee sooo he's a force to deal with so of course he's going to make a huge difference when he's gone

Buddwalk said:

to bad if it was Wade that was out 4-6 weeks, we'd be in more trouble

Frustrated Webber wants out of Philadelphia

[url]http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/apmegasports/200611081951715141995-pf.widec.jpg[/URL]

Chris Webber, frustrated after working his way back from a knee injury only to see his role reduced, wants to be traded by the Philadelphia 76ers, according to a report in the Sacramento Bee.

"I'm not going to keep playing like this," Webber told the Bee on Wednesday after scoring six points in 23 minutes in Philadelphia's 96-90 win at Seattle.
He told the paper that he has already made his feelings clear to 76ers management.

"I don't like this role," he said. "So, you can take that however you want."

Webber, a five-time All-Star who has also played for Golden State, Washington and Sacramento, is averaging just over 30 minutes a game, well below his career average of 38.

According to the Bee, Webber said during training camp that he was in his best shape since the surgery. He did shoot only 37 percent, however, in the 76ers' first seven games.

76ers coach Maurice Cheeks said he wouldn't put one player above the good of his team.

"I'm sure (he's frustrated)," Cheeks told the Bee. "But this is a team game and we're trying to treat it as such. We're not trying to put a lot of individual things on what we're trying to do. I certainly understand it's hard. It's a difficult situation. But we're trying to do this as a team and not break it down."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15755921/

My Magic sure wouldn't mind another scoring big man.

But I think Webber is too old and injured to be traded for anything good.

I might trade Hedo Turkoglu for him. Key word: Might.

Because Trevor Ariza is sure proving to be the best small forward on Orlando so far.

Back
Top Bottom