Offical 06-07 NBA Eastern Conference Thread.. (keep Heat talk to a minimum pls) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical 06-07 NBA Eastern Conference Thread.. (keep Heat talk to a minimum pls)

FaninPatsyLand said:
Again, you aren't making much sense here.

Your previous statement was uninformed, as opposed to my previous statements which have been more opinion based.

Care to clarify?

Yeah I will clarify....

Piece = An All Star

Wally = Over-paid shooter

Theo Ratliff = old and over-paid

Telfair = Another Marbury

Ryan Gomes = Has shown signs but isn't consistant. Could be a decent player in this league but that's still up in the air

Perkins = Hasn't shown any signs of improvement in his 4th year in the league now

Delonte West = Has a chance to be a player in this league. Not an All-Star but a guy who's a solid contributor.

Olowokandi = A bum, probably the worst # 1 pick of all time with Kwame

Allen = Has potential

Green = To young for me to comment yet, could become a player.

Rondo = A rookie who I won't comment on until he plays a full season

Al Jefferson = Has talent and could become a serious player in the league but he's out right now so he can't help them !

To me, this is a roster capable of maybe 30 wins. Everyone is killing Doc but I think getting 35 wins from the roster he had last year was a miracle. Now expecting him to win once again with average vets (aside from Pierce) and a bunch of kids is asking a ton. This team needs time, period, and all you Celtic fans whining for Doc's head are just looking for an excuse. I give the Celtics props because I think they've rebuilt the right way (with young guys) but at the end of THIS SEASON, you guys will be battling the Knicks for last place in the Atlantic no matter who the coach is. In the future, if even half of the kids on this roster pan out their going to be a scary team for a lot of years but right now, you Celtic fans saying they can hang with the Nets if they had a better coach are out of your minds. 35 wins was a ton last year and I see this years Celtics winning around 28!

MARINO1384 said:
The Nets won the Altlantic last year without any bench at all,now this year Kystic has improved the starting line up plus while having unproven guys they still have better depth and potential then last year...They've only improved and the 6ers have done nothing to put themselves of the Nets

True, but Vince Carter still doesnt play defense, Jason Kidd is another year older and less effective, Richard Jefferson is streaky, and they still dont have a post presence

Depending how the seeds work out you have a shot at the eastern conference finals, but only if Miami ends up playing Chicago before the ECF.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Yeah I will clarify....

Piece = An All Star

Wally = Over-paid shooter

Theo Ratliff = old and over-paid

Telfair = Another Marbury

Ryan Gomes = Has shown signs but isn't consistant. Could be a decent player in this league but that's still up in the air

Perkins = Hasn't shown any signs of improvement in his 4th year in the league now

Delonte West = Has a chance to be a player in this league. Not an All-Star but a guy who's a solid contributor.

Olowokandi = A bum, probably the worst # 1 pick of all time with Kwame

Allen = Has potential

Green = To young for me to comment yet, could become a player.

Rondo = A rookie who I won't comment on until he plays a full season

Al Jefferson = Has talent and could become a serious player in the league but he's out right now so he can't help them !

To me, this is a roster capable of maybe 30 wins. Everyone is killing Doc but I think getting 35 wins from the roster he had last year was a miracle. Now expecting him to win once again with average vets (aside from Pierce) and a bunch of kids is asking a ton. This team needs time, period, and all you Celtic fans whining for Doc's head are just looking for an excuse. I give the Celtics props because I think they've rebuilt the right way (with young guys) but at the end of THIS SEASON, you guys will be battling the Knicks for last place in the Atlantic no matter who the coach is. In the future, if even half of the kids on this roster pan out their going to be a scary team for a lot of years but right now, you Celtic fans saying they can hang with the Nets if they had a better coach are out of your minds. 35 wins was a ton last year and I see this years Celtics winning around 28!

Your player anaylsis is a little off.

Wally - yes he is over paid, but he is a good scorer and a good 3 point shooter. Last year he averaged about 19ppg, Jefferson averaged about 16.5. Yes jefferson is a better player, but better pure scorer? im sure.

Theo Ratliff- Old? yes, but a great shot blocker and a pretty good defender, yet Cliff Robinson is 40, but you guys say he is a good defender and provides quality depth :confused:

Telfair- How exactly is he another marbury?? marbury is a pure scorer and a ballhog, telfair is known for his handles, not his shot. How exactly are they the similiar? because they are both from NY? Telfair looked good this preseason and has always had alot of hype, i dont think he will be good, but hes not antoher marbury

Gomes- really improved last year after he was giving a chance to start (if i remember correctly, it was because of Al's injury), i will say though, we still don't know what he will become, but he could become a pretty good role player in this league, but the verdict is still out

Perkins- pretty accurate

West- Agreed

Kandi- Agreed, bum i hate him

Allen- agreed, he would be better in an offense that runs like crazy, because he is up near the top in the league in athletisicm, he is also a pretty decent defender

Green- agree, but his future looks real bright

Rondo- agree, but yet how can you say Marcus Williams is all this, but yet can't comment on Rondo

Al Jefferson- looked good in the first couple of games and came back this year really motivated, he is going to be a big determining factor in their season, they really could use his post presence

i think this roster has about 35-38 win potential with Doc as their coach, now you slam us for blaming Doc, we'll you guys are fortunate enough to have a coach, try going what is now i believe 3 seasons with him and you would hate him as well. I belive with a coach that can utilize their stregnths(athleticim) they could be a 42-45 win team this year and depending on how West, Allen, Green, Rondo, Telfair, etc play, basically the whole team except Wally and Pierce have reached their potential, their future next season and beyond is better then NJ, especially if Carter leaves and with kidd getting older.

EDIT: i just went back and read that it was Marino guy, not you that made the comments about marcus williams and cliff robinson

UCFinfan86 said:
Your player anaylsis is a little off.

Wally - yes he is over paid, but he is a good scorer and a good 3 point shooter. Last year he averaged about 19ppg, Jefferson averaged about 16.5. Yes jefferson is a better player, but better pure scorer? im sure.

Theo Ratliff- Old? yes, but a great shot blocker and a pretty good defender, yet Cliff Robinson is 40, but you guys say he is a good defender and provides quality depth :confused:

Telfair- How exactly is he another marbury?? marbury is a pure scorer and a ballhog, telfair is known for his handles, not his shot. How exactly are they the similiar? because they are both from NY? Telfair looked good this preseason and has always had alot of hype, i dont think he will be good, but hes not antoher marbury

Gomes- really improved last year after he was giving a chance to start (if i remember correctly, it was because of Al's injury), i will say though, we still don't know what he will become, but he could become a pretty good role player in this league, but the verdict is still out

Perkins- pretty accurate

West- Agreed

Kandi- Agreed, bum i hate him

Allen- agreed, he would be better in an offense that runs like crazy, because he is up near the top in the league in athletisicm, he is also a pretty decent defender

Green- agree, but his future looks real bright

Rondo- agree, but yet how can you say Marcus Williams is all this, but yet can't comment on Rondo

Al Jefferson- looked good in the first couple of games and came back this year really motivated, he is going to be a big determining factor in their season, they really could use his post presence

i think this roster has about 35-38 win potential with Doc as their coach, now you slam us for blaming Doc, we'll you guys are fortunate enough to have a coach, try going what is now i believe 3 seasons with him and you would hate him as well. I belive with a coach that can utilize their stregnths(athleticim) they could be a 42-45 win team this year and depending on how West, Allen, Green, Rondo, Telfair, etc play, basically the whole team except Wally and Pierce have reached their potential, their future next season and beyond is better then NJ, especially if Carter leaves and with kidd getting older.

EDIT: i just went back and read that it was Marino guy, not you that made the comments about marcus williams and cliff robinson

Listen I won't pretend to be an expert on your team so I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you know much more about this team then I do. I just want to emphasize that I am talking of the Celtics in terms of this year, not the future. Like I said, if your young guys work out the Atlantic division better watch out, it could be a long reign for the Celtics but this year, I expect 28-32 wins and back in the lottery. Their rise may very well begin next year but like I said, I'm just looking at the Celtics in terms of this season and I expect them to be battling the Knicks for last in the Atlantic!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Listen I won't pretend to be an expert on your team so I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you know much more about this team then I do. I just want to emphasize that I am talking of the Celtics in terms of this year, not the future. Like I said, if your young guys work out the Atlantic division better watch out, it could be a long reign for the Celtics but this year, I expect 28-32 wins and back in the lottery. Their rise may very well begin next year but like I said, I'm just looking at the Celtics in terms of this season and I expect them to be battling the Knicks for last in the Atlantic!

I'm excited about the future but really it's anybody's guess as to how these kids will turn out.. Here's to hoping.

FiN.in.RI said:
I'm excited about the future but really it's anybody's guess as to how these kids will turn out.. Here's to hoping.

10 kids on the roster that were born in 1982 or later. The Celtics could have a bright, bright future if 5 or 6 of these kids pan out. And I can't stand the Celtics but I call a spade a spade. If these kids pan out the Atlantic could be in trouble. Also just because I can't stand the Celtics doesn't mean I won't give them their respect. I respect that they've decided to rebuild the right way by going young and starting from scratch for the most part. I wish the Knicks would have done this but their stuck in the position their in so no need to cry over spilled milk!

Alex44 said:
True, but Vince Carter still doesnt play defense, Jason Kidd is another year older and less effective, Richard Jefferson is streaky, and they still dont have a post presence

Depending how the seeds work out you have a shot at the eastern conference finals, but only if Miami ends up playing Chicago before the ECF.

Less effective? He's probably one of if not the most complete player in the NBA when it comes to passing,shooting,rebounding and playing defense. Vince Carter does play defense,maybe not the best but then again half of the NBA doesn't play defense so why does it matter? Yes Jefferson is streaky but that is because Vince gets a majority of the touches so Jefferson isn't able to drive and be the main scorer like he is capable of. If Vince were to get hurt, i garentee that Jefferson would be more consistent. AS for post presence, we have Kyrstic, but you don't need a post presence when you have Jefferson and Carter driving,scoring and making other teams post players commit fouls on them. They don't need a great post player as long as they can defend the other teams post player,which they can do a decent job. Kyrstic,Collins,Moore and Boone should be able to atleast contain the opp. big man.

They Nets have a shot at the Finals no matter who they play....They've added the key thing they were missing last year...a bench....

Bucks finally snapped their losing streak with a 103-101 win over the Hawks. Tomorrow they're in New Jersey.

Magic keep winning!!!!

They just might, juuuuuuust might be better than the Heat this year. They are way deeper, have a dominant big man and a lot of sharp shooters.

If the Magic can just cut down on the turnovers and play a little better D, they have a real shot in the East.

Rocky Raccoon said:
god the Bucks defense is absolutely horrible.

it's also not a good thing when 2 of your starters go scoreless........

Back
Top Bottom