Offical 06-07 NBA Eastern Conference Thread.. (keep Heat talk to a minimum pls) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical 06-07 NBA Eastern Conference Thread.. (keep Heat talk to a minimum pls)

UCFinfan86 said:
haha ya right, if the celtics had a coach that had any clue on how to coach basketball they would be right up there with the nets.

Yea you guys might be strong now, but wait until Carter, Kidd, and/or Jefferson are all hurt.

Your bench isn't even compareable to the celtics bench. West is better then anyone on your bench. I would proably take Gomes over anyone on your bench as well.

they won't get hurt...and say kidd gets hurt,we have marcus williams who is a starting cailbur pg already,jefferson was hurt last year and we did fine without him and now this year we have even more guys to step in and take his place in antoine wright, Carter gets hurt and willaims,kidd and jefferson step up.

Williams > West
Cliff Robinson > Gomes

nyjunc said:
So now you are relying on the Nets 3 best players to get hurt so your team can be as good as them?

Im not saying all 3 of them are going to get hurt, i am saying 1 of them is bound to get hurt, and i never said we were going to be as good as them. Read what i wrote, i said if we had a coach(which we don't) we would be up there. I believe if we had a coach that played a fast tempo style that actually knew how to coach we would be right up there with the Nets with or without the nets injuries.

MARINO1384 said:
they won't get hurt...and say kidd gets hurt,we have marcus williams who is a starting cailbur pg already,jefferson was hurt last year and we did fine without him and now this year we have even more guys to step in and take his place in antoine wright, Carter gets hurt and willaims,kidd and jefferson step up.

Williams > West
Cliff Robinson > Gomes

lol starting calibur PG after 3 games in the league??

Lets see West proved he is a good player, Williams hasn't proved anything yet.

Cliff Robinson is 40 years old and on his last leg. Meanwhile gomes a 2nd year player last year as a rookie had better stats then Robinson and gomes really started to blossom in the 2nd half.

UCFinfan86 said:
lol starting calibur PG after 3 games in the league??

Lets see West proved he is a good player, Williams hasn't proved anything yet.

Cliff Robinson is 40 years old and on his last leg. Meanwhile gomes a 2nd year player last year as a rookie had better stats then Robinson and gomes really started to blossom in the 2nd half.

Have you watched him in college and preseason at all?....the kid has a ton of talent.Cliff is a better defender and we have antoine wright who's going to be better then Gomes....
Nets = better starters,better bench,better team,more success

If the Celtics have Phil Jackon as their coach they'd be right where they are right now. The only team the Celtics are better then in the Atlantic is the Knicks no matter who their coach is, PERIOD!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
If the Celtics have Phil Jackon as their coach they'd be right where they are right now. The only team the Celtics are better then in the Atlantic is the Knicks no matter who their coach is, PERIOD!

exactly!!

MARINO1384 said:
Have you watched him in college and preseason at all?....the kid has a ton of talent.Cliff is a better defender and we have antoine wright who's going to be better then Gomes....
Nets = better starters,better bench,better team,more success

yes i have, im a huge Uconn fan, he is good, he will proably end up being a good PG, but to say he is already a good PG after 3 games is stretching it.

Have you ever watched Gomes or West or Telfair or any of the young celtics play??

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

If D'Antoni was their coach, they are a playoff team, u get any coach that runs all day they are a playoff team, they have so many athletes on this team. Gomes, Allen, Green, Pierce, West, Rondo

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

This statement is about as uninformed as the Knicks front office.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Rajon Rondo will be better than Marcus Williams.

I don't think that will be the case, Rondo is quicker but his body is not built for the NBA game and he can't shoot.

nyjunc said:
I don't think that will be the case, Rondo is quicker but his body is not built for the NBA game and he can't shoot.

The operative word in the above statement is will.

But I'd still rather have Rondo over Williams now as well.

MARINO1384 said:
Williams > West

:lol:

Let West play his normal SG position for a year, as opposed to the PG role he was forced into, and it won't even be close.

West is a very good player that does a ton of things well.

And what's with all this Gomes bashing? The guy is a very solid rotational player that was a steal in the late 2nd round. He plays like a 10 year vet and is an excellent bench player. He's about 100x more valuable than Josh Boone.

FaninPatsyLand said:
No arguements there.

They have a ton of guys that could step up and play important roles. Just looking at this roster though, I don't understand how anyone could contend that the future of this franchise isn't bright. Perkins, Jefferson, Gomes, Green, Telfair, Rondo and West all could become big time contributors in the near future.

Ainge has collected a ton of talent through the draft, now we just need them to develop.

If I'm Ainge I look to trade a couple of the young guys for some solid vets.

I've heard that the Celts are thinking of trading Wally and future considerations to Indiana for Jackson and either Foster or Jasikevicius.

On a side note: two teams that will make an impact this year (note: make the playoffs, and contend in the next couple of years) are the Bucks and the Raptors.

The Raps have looked pretty good their first 3 games (just need to be better at chosing their shots), and Redd/Bogut/Villanueva looks good for the Bucks (just need their bench to start scoring).

Detroit will struggle this year. They'll make the playoffs, but they don't have any intensity. Muhammad has been good for them early on, but he'll fall off the face of the earth soon.

If Korver can keep producing off the bench, and the 6ers can find a back up PG that can score, I think they can win the Atlantic. The Nets have a good starting line-up, but I don't think a team that has to rely on so many unproven bench players can play at a high level all season (but I still think they can make the Playoffs)

Dark Horse in the East: Indiana Pacers. Daniels,Harrison,Armstrong,Foster, and Jas... Sarunas has been a very good bench. The only thing they need to do is get rid of Jackson.

ChambersWI said:
If I'm Ainge I look to trade a couple of the young guys for some solid vets.

I've heard that the Celts are thinking of trading Wally and future considerations to Indiana for Jackson and either Foster or Jasikevicius.

On a side note: two teams that will make an impact this year (note: make the playoffs, and contend in the next couple of years) are the Bucks and the Raptors.

The Raps have looked pretty good their first 3 games (just need to be better at chosing their shots), and Redd/Bogut/Villanueva looks good for the Bucks (just need their bench to start scoring).

Detroit will struggle this year. They'll make the playoffs, but they don't have any intensity. Muhammad has been good for them early on, but he'll fall off the face of the earth soon.

If Korver can keep producing off the bench, and the 6ers can find a back up PG that can score, I think they can win the Atlantic. The Nets have a good starting line-up, but I don't think a team that has to rely on so many unproven bench players can play at a high level all season (but I still think they can make the Playoffs)

Dark Horse in the East: Indiana Pacers. Daniels,Harrison,Armstrong,Foster, and Jas... Sarunas has been a very good bench. The only thing they need to do is get rid of Jackson.

Indiana has a good team, but i dont think the 76ers will keep it up, Korver sucks, Webber is injury prone. However if Rondey Carney steps up or Igoduala really develops liek alot of people think he will they couldd sneak into the playoffs

Back
Top Bottom