"offical finheaven sec championship thread " | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"offical finheaven sec championship thread "

finataxia24

follow me at @moejo31
Reaction score
clear.gif

It remains to be seen what No. 2 Alabama learned from its gut-check victory over Auburn Friday. Ditto for top-ranked Florida, which toyed with Florida State in its easy win Saturday.

Regardless, this much is certain: Expect the pair to be prepared and poised for Saturday's 1-vs.-2 showdown for the SEC Championship. The Gators (12-0) are two wins from a third national championship in four years, while the Tide (12-0) last won a national title in 1992, when it beat UF in the inaugural SEC Championship game and Gino Torretta-led Miami in the Sugar Bowl.

"We've been looking forward to this day (SEC Championship game) since back in January, when we were grinding it out," UF linebacker Brandon Spikes said following the Gators' 37-10 win over FSU at The Swamp.

"We wanted to be here and are blessed to be 12-0. You can still see how hungry the guys are. You see it when they come out during the week. The coaches do a great job getting us ready. I am just going to embrace the moment."

In last year's SEC championship, roles were reversed.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/11/29/gators-tide-turn-attention-to-sec-title-game/

medium_juliojump-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"offical finheaven sec championship thread "
Is that where I'm at?

:chuckle:
Sorry, couldn't resist ... sometimes I get a chuckle out of these thread names.

... continue ...

OK, I'll contribute. I think Florida wins by 10-14 points.

If Florida wins I'm banning all known Gator fans lol.

prepare to have a busy saturday/sunday. i think it will be close - but the gators will take it. i don't think the title game will be close though - regardless of who wins the SEC championship.

prepare to have a busy saturday/sunday. i think it will be close - but the gators will take it. i don't think the title game will be close though - regardless of who wins the SEC championship.

I'm sure Texas feels the same way. There really hasn't been an overly impressive team this year. But what a sequel it would be for the Rose Bowl as the National Title game host, if it was Colt McCoy against Tim Tebow. It was the last time the top two teams were undefeated and undisputed. I'm sure if the NCAA had a say (conspiracy theorists can chime in if they'd like), this is the matchup they'd take.

But as for the SEC title game. Should be a good one. Hate to say it, but Nick Saban's done an incredible job at Alabama. I'm not sure if he has the talent to win this game, but the best team doesn't always win. My prediction is 24-20, Florida.

I'm sure Texas feels the same way. There really hasn't been an overly impressive team this year. But what a sequel it would be for the Rose Bowl as the National Title game host, if it was Colt McCoy against Tim Tebow. It was the last time the top two teams were undefeated and undisputed. I'm sure if the NCAA had a say (conspiracy theorists can chime in if they'd like), this is the matchup they'd take.

But as for the SEC title game. Should be a good one. Hate to say it, but Nick Saban's done an incredible job at Alabama. I'm not sure if he has the talent to win this game, but the best team doesn't always win. My prediction is 24-20, Florida.

Other than QB and one DE,and he is out..I think Bama has the better talent.
QB-Fla.
Running Backs-Bama
O Line-Draw
D Line-Draw with Dunlap out
LB-Bama...not even close if Hightower wasn't hurt.
Recievers-Bama
TE-Fla..just by a little(jobs are different)
Secondary-Draw
Special teams -Bama
Coaching-just so I don't sound like a Saban homer,I'll go draw.
This game will be close and a punt return for a TD by
Javier Arenas will be the difference.
It's going to be a great game.

i am pretty much over what saban did to the fins since we are now on the right track, with that being said, i hope the gators get butts handed to them

Other than QB and one DE,and he is out..I think Bama has the better talent.
QB-Fla.
Running Backs-Bama
O Line-Draw
D Line-Draw with Dunlap out
LB-Bama...not even close if Hightower wasn't hurt.
Recievers-Bama
TE-Fla..just by a little(jobs are different)
Secondary-Draw
Special teams -Bama
Coaching-just so I don't sound like a Saban homer,I'll go draw.
This game will be close and a punt return for a TD by
Javier Arenas will be the difference.
It's going to be a great game.

Oh you're so kind to say that Urban 'might' be as good a coach as Saban. Come on man...I hate the guy too, but Meyer is the best coach in college football right now. And there shouldn't be any doubt about that. It's like comparing Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson. Yes, Phil's very good...a top tier golfer. But Tiger's at the top of the mountain. It's going to be a great game, no doubt. I'll be rooting for Alabama, but if I had to bet, I'd take Florida.

I don't hate Urban..I do think he is one of the best.
But having a great QB helps a coach out alot.It's not Urban's fault Tebow went
to Fla....but I'll reserve judgement on how Meyer does when Tebow leaves.
I'm not sure that type of spread can work in the SEC without Tebow.
Tim makes that spread physical.Zook left Urban alot of talent..Shula left Nick
NOTHING but a few talented thugs.
I'm trying not to look through Crimson glasses,but if i were to build a team up
from scratch,I'd go with Nick.
Urban and Nick are ALOT closer than the Tiger/Phil comparison.
Like I said this is MY opinion.
The next several years will determine the coaching comparisons.

Back
Top Bottom