"offical finheaven sec championship thread " | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"offical finheaven sec championship thread "

I don't hate Urban..I do think he is one of the best.
But having a great QB helps a coach out alot.It's not Urban's fault Tebow went
to Fla....but I'll reserve judgement on how Meyer does when Tebow leaves.
I'm not sure that type of spread can work in the SEC without Tebow.
Tim makes that spread physical.Zook left Urban alot of talent..Shula left Nick
NOTHING but a few talented thugs.
I'm trying not to look through Crimson glasses,but if i were to build a team up
from scratch,I'd go with Nick.
Urban and Nick are ALOT closer than the Tiger/Phil comparison.
Like I said this is MY opinion.
The next several years will determine the coaching comparisons.

Hmm...

Was he left with a lot of talent at Bowling Green? I mean he did turn that program around, and it has not been as good since he left.

Was he left with a lot of talent at Utah? I mean, he made that team the first ever BCS buster and part of the national picture.

Was Tebow a huge factor in his first Championship? He was a part of the team, but Meyer did it primarily with a pro-style passer (Leak) and only in his 2nd season at Florida.

Saban is, imo, in the elite tier as far as current coaches go, but today, Urban has has the edge on him. ALSO, as far as team building goes, Urban also has a more proven track record.

Did Urban win a Title at Bowling Green?or Utah.
Zook's defense was the reason for that title,and yes Tebow on
3rd downs for conversions at times did play a part in that title.
Toledo! Nick won at freaking Toledo.Brought back Michigan St.
Won a title at LSU..really two,that one that Miles got is really Nicks.
If Nick hadn't left LSU,it's scary the run they would have had.
Now at Bama,look at the job Nick's done.
Listen I think Urban is top 2,I just think Nick is the other one.
Take off the Agua glasses and give Nick his props.

I guess you can wait and see if you'd like. I'm not so sure Urban will stay at Florida, but if he does, then I guess we'll see. Although Urban's been there for what 5 years? What did Larry Coker do with all of Butch Davis' talent at the end of 5 years? MPC Computers Bowl?
And yeah Tebow is from the area, but he was recruited by Urban Meyer. I remember the 'text message' story with Meyer and Tebow. So it's kinda weird to say that Meyer had nothing to do with Tebow being at Florida.

Think about the Tebow effect..
If Meyer wasn't at Fla.,Tebow would have went to Bama with Shula.
Shula wouln't have used him right and Tim would not have the legacy
that he has now.He would have helped win enough games that Shula
wouln't have been fired.That means no Saban to Alabama.He would have
gone back to LSU,meaning Miles would go after the Michigan job.
Rich Rod stays at West Virgina.
Weird to play the what if game.

...Meyer had everything to do with Tebow being at Fla...

I hope Florida loses. Nothing really against them, but they've been to the NC and won it already a few times. Plus we already know there's a built-in excuse for Alabama not showing up for BCS games that aren't the championship, and I want to see what happens if Florida plays a decent OOC team. The SEC as a whole should be judged by the Sugar Bowl and the NC, since most of them rely on their in-conference schedule for their resume'.

I take Saban to start my team tomorrow...Meyer would be second, but a distant second. Saban inherited a program at Alabama that was seriously lacking talent and went 11-2 in his second year in the SEC. Zook may have been alot of things, but he for sure was one hell of a recruiter. Urban walked into a much better situation at Florida. The best thing that ever happened to the Dolphins, might turn out to be the worst thing for all SEC fans not rooting for Alabama.

Saban's one hell of a coach. I know that alot of us don't like what he did to us here, but it still doesn't take away that he's one hell of a coach.

Tebow's Mom and Dad went to UF, he was a lock just like Brad Culpepper was 20 years ago.

Other than QB and one DE,and he is out..I think Bama has the better talent.
QB-Fla.
Running Backs-Bama
O Line-Draw
D Line-Draw with Dunlap out
LB-Bama...not even close if Hightower wasn't hurt.
Recievers-Bama
TE-Fla..just by a little(jobs are different)
Secondary-Draw
Special teams -Bama
Coaching-just so I don't sound like a Saban homer,I'll go draw.
This game will be close and a punt return for a TD by
Javier Arenas will be the difference.
It's going to be a great game.

i'm gonna have to play devil's advocate here and say florida has more talent.

QB - UF
RB - UF - ingram is the best of the bunch and his backup is damn good but you're going against moody, demps, rainey, james AND tebow here - we have the best rushing attack in the country and we're deeper.
WR - bama
TE - UF
O - line - bama - we've been inconsistent as hell this year.
D - line - bama - but just b/c dunlap is an assjack.
LB - i have to go draw here b/c hightower is out - spikes, stamper, jones, and doe are damn good and we're also deeper at that position than you guys.
secondary - UF and it's not close - bama has a great secondary but i don't see how any team could compete with haden, jenkins, black, wright, and hill. by far the best secondary in the country and by a long shot.
special teams - draw. you have to keep in mind that we've given up like what - zero punt return yards and hardly any kickoff return yards? arenas is obviously the best returner in the country but he's going up against our special teams - i don't see him doing anything in that department tomorrow.

gonna have to be generic and say tebow will be the difference. i don't see bama generating much offense and if ingram is stifled you guys are completely screwed.

it's going to be a great game. cannot wait until tomorrow. no hard feelings either way and the winner will end up getting and deserving the title.

GO GATORS!

I'm sure Texas feels the same way. There really hasn't been an overly impressive team this year. But what a sequel it would be for the Rose Bowl as the National Title game host, if it was Colt McCoy against Tim Tebow. It was the last time the top two teams were undefeated and undisputed. I'm sure if the NCAA had a say (conspiracy theorists can chime in if they'd like), this is the matchup they'd take.

But as for the SEC title game. Should be a good one. Hate to say it, but Nick Saban's done an incredible job at Alabama. I'm not sure if he has the talent to win this game, but the best team doesn't always win. My prediction is 24-20, Florida.

in the gators thread i predicted a 24-21 win a week or so ago. i see we're on the same page. :up:

I think Bama is still pissed about last years 4th quarter meltdown and will use Auburn's game plan to help with our offensive plan...Bama by 5...

Back
Top Bottom