*Official 06-07 NHL Thread* | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official 06-07 NHL Thread*

GO KINGS

clear.gif

Flyers winning the East uni? cmon now....Boston making the playoffs?.....

And then get knocked out in the first round - again. How many years in a row now have you picked the Flyers?

Slappy8800 said:
Flyers winning the East uni? cmon now....Boston making the playoffs?.....

If you get to the BOTTOM of my "Eastern predictions" you'll notice I picked the Sabres to win the East. :tongue:

The Flyers will do the usual...great in the regular season and they'll do nothing in the playoffs.

Hell yes I think the Bruins get in...IFFFFFFFF they get competent goaltending.

Why does everyone think the Panthers are going to suck? We have the most offensive talent up and down the lineup we've had this decade, we actually have some physical d-men in Allen and Salei to clear the puck, we have a guy with the biggest chip in the NHL on his shoulder in Bertuzzi (the guy is playing for a contract AND to prove he still has it AND to prove he can leave his demons behind...can you say motivation?), and it's not as if Auld and Belfour in goal are terrible. Auld played very well for the Nucks last year, and the Eagle still is a big-game goalie.

Especially with the way we ended last season, I think the Cats can make some noise.

nope, we still stink again cause our goalies.

i expect another non playoff year from the cats.

RWhitney014 said:
Why does everyone think the Panthers are going to suck? We have the most offensive talent up and down the lineup we've had this decade, we actually have some physical d-men in Allen and Salei to clear the puck, we have a guy with the biggest chip in the NHL on his shoulder in Bertuzzi (the guy is playing for a contract AND to prove he still has it AND to prove he can leave his demons behind...can you say motivation?), and it's not as if Auld and Belfour in goal are terrible. Auld played very well for the Nucks last year, and the Eagle still is a big-game goalie.

Especially with the way we ended last season, I think the Cats can make some noise.

I think you have a load of question marks throughout the lineup. Between the pipre, Auld faltered down the stretch which is one of the reason the Canucks went out and got a quality starting goaltender named Roberto Luongo. Eddie, don't get me started with him. I really fail to see why you believe he is still a big game goalie. The man is a HOF but he should've hung up his pads during the lockout. He put on a horror show last year. The numbers don't lie and he surely didn't look any different in the preseason (nor should he considering his advanced age, I doubt he'll improve, even Victor Conte couldn't save him). Apart from Bouwmeester, I don't see any top 4 defensemen on the squad. No wonder Panthers fans were clamouring for Jovo all off-season. Bryan Allen and Ruslan Salei are worth just as much as a bag of chips in the new NHL, they can clear all the pucks they want, their poor skating ability will get them turned around more than pancakes. I tried telling Leafs fans these last 2 months how Hall Gill would be worthless. Watch Ottawa's 3rd goal tonight, Chris Neill zooms by him. Up front you have a pot pourri of old timers (Neuwy, Gelinas, Roberts) with perennial underachievers (Gratton, Stumpel, Peltonen) and young kids who've failed to progress as expected (Weiss, Kolnik). Nathan Horton is the only real young forward that excites me, even though I'll keep an eye on Olesz.

Based on the above, I fail to see how the Cats will make it out of the basement.

dominizzo said:
Gagne will score 63 goals
yeah sure...over the course of the next 2 season i wouldnt put money against that.

Boik14 said:
yeah sure...over the course of the next 2 season i wouldnt put money against that.

I'm picking Gagne to get at least 40+ golas this year...

He'd BETTER get that, I took him in the 2nd round of my money league pool on a hunch...LOL!

BTW...the Av's are kicking the **** out of Dallas 2 - 0 right now. If Turco was'nt standing on his head they'd be losing 5 - 0.

The Av's have the kids (Svatos, Wolski and Statsny) playing together.

Pink_Dove said:
I think you have a load of question marks throughout the lineup. Between the pipre, Auld faltered down the stretch which is one of the reason the Canucks went out and got a quality starting goaltender named Roberto Luongo. Eddie, don't get me started with him. I really fail to see why you believe he is still a big game goalie. The man is a HOF but he should've hung up his pads during the lockout. He put on a horror show last year. The numbers don't lie and he surely didn't look any different in the preseason (nor should he considering his advanced age, I doubt he'll improve, even Victor Conte couldn't save him). Apart from Bouwmeester, I don't see any top 4 defensemen on the squad. No wonder Panthers fans were clamouring for Jovo all off-season. Bryan Allen and Ruslan Salei are worth just as much as a bag of chips in the new NHL, they can clear all the pucks they want, their poor skating ability will get them turned around more than pancakes. I tried telling Leafs fans these last 2 months how Hall Gill would be worthless. Watch Ottawa's 3rd goal tonight, Chris Neill zooms by him. Up front you have a pot pourri of old timers (Neuwy, Gelinas, Roberts) with perennial underachievers (Gratton, Stumpel, Peltonen) and young kids who've failed to progress as expected (Weiss, Kolnik). Nathan Horton is the only real young forward that excites me, even though I'll keep an eye on Olesz.

Based on the above, I fail to see how the Cats will make it out of the basement.

Re: the defensemen, we've been looking for big guys who will sweep the ice for years...now that we have some, they fit well because they will each be on the ice with a "new NHL" d-man in Bouw and Ryno.

Our veterans all had good years last year. 15-25 goals and relatively few healthy scratches from all of them is what we need. I wouldn't be criticizing Kolnik, either...as the guy we acquired in the vaunted Sven Butenschon deal, I'd say he's been a great pickup for the fourth line. Weiss is poised to break out this year. Apparently he's had a fantastic summer with conditioning and the like. I'm excited to see the product on the ice. Take a look at the stories in the Sun-Sentinel today. There's a tone in the players' statements about making the playoffs that have been absent for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom