*Official 06-07 NHL Thread* | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official 06-07 NHL Thread*

djfresh47 said:
I think that move has been overlooked. I think Loungo is the best goaltender in the league. A case can be made for Kiprusoff but I think Loungo is better and if he's not he's in the top 2. The season has just started but for a team to succeed in the playoffs they have to have to be good in net. During the regular season guys can be average and the team can be very good but when it comes down to a 7 game series I think goaltending is more often than not the deciding factor. Look at the Ottawa Senators the past few seasons. An interesting to watch and this is getting WAY ahead of myself is whether Anaheim or Buffalo will trade one of their goalies this year. If the Sabres want any chance at re-signing Briere they gotta unload Biron's salary but I don't think Darcy is going to make a dumb deal to a team in the East that could potentially hurt the team in the playoffs. I'd go as far to say that they wouldn't trade him to a team that has any chance of the playoffs if they do trade him.

What has Luongo ever done to deserve being called the best goalie in the league? The players in front of him at times have been the reason why he hasn't won, but Luongo has not put up numbers like Marino to make a case for being the best without winning the whole thing. But Luongo has never won anything, and in hockey, where a hot goalie can mask a mediocre team, he's never been the man.

Maybe he will this season because he's got a chip on his shoulder, but seriously, the guy has a lot to prove after his hissyfit down here about the contract.

C.......A........P.......S........Caps Caps Caps! :lol:

Reminds me too much of the Jets cheer, but Ovechkin is the man!

RWhitney014 said:
What has Luongo ever done to deserve being called the best goalie in the league? The players in front of him at times have been the reason why he hasn't won, but Luongo has not put up numbers like Marino to make a case for being the best without winning the whole thing. But Luongo has never won anything, and in hockey, where a hot goalie can mask a mediocre team, he's never been the man.

Maybe he will this season because he's got a chip on his shoulder, but seriously, the guy has a lot to prove after his hissyfit down here about the contract.
When you get named to Team Canade for the Olympics and the World Cup you ARE one of the best 5 goalies in the World.

No, he has not won a thing in the NHL but he has won EVERYWHERE else at every level. This has to say something about the guys he had in front of him in Florida.

When every knowledgeable hockey mind alive calls him one of the top 5 in the World I'll agree with them.

RWhitney014 said:
Nobody does. The Fins and Steelers played on the Thursday night. MLB teams start on different days. NBA teams do, too. Even the Hurricanes and Seminoles played on Labor Day to kick the season off the week before pretty much everyone else.
The NHL is not MLB or the NFL.

The NHL has to get in the headlines. You don't do that by having 3 games opening night and then a few more the next night and then a few more the next night.

If your'e going to do a special opener then have a rematch of the Stanley Cup final as the ONLY opening night game. Then you have EVERYONE else playing on the 2nd day of the season. Having scattered games makes as much sense as not having every team play each other....wait, the NHL DOES'NT have every team playing each other, another rediculous Gary Bettman decision.

Slappy8800 said:
way to go robert esche....BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

It was just the opener Slappy!!! Geeez!!! :mad:

unifiedtheory said:
The NHL is not MLB or the NFL.

The NHL has to get in the headlines. You don't do that by having 3 games opening night and then a few more the next night and then a few more the next night.

If your'e going to do a special opener then have a rematch of the Stanley Cup final as the ONLY opening night game. Then you have EVERYONE else playing on the 2nd day of the season. Having scattered games makes as much sense as not having every team play each other....wait, the NHL DOES'NT have every team playing each other, another rediculous Gary Bettman decision.

I don't disagree with either point, just saying that (for the first one, I guess) everyone else does it that way, so it's not like their stupidly bucking a trend.

But I have wondered myself why the leagues don't coordinate it. You'd think they'd want their first salvo to be the best one.

unifiedtheory said:
When you get named to Team Canade for the Olympics and the World Cup you ARE one of the best 5 goalies in the World.

No, he has not won a thing in the NHL but he has won EVERYWHERE else at every level. This has to say something about the guys he had in front of him in Florida.

When every knowledgeable hockey mind alive calls him one of the top 5 in the World I'll agree with them.

He's one of the top 5 most talented, sure. But I have watched him play as many times as anybody else on this board, and I know that he was never on the absolute elite level as far as winning was concerned. He never became the shut-down force like Kiprusoff or Nabokov or even a Theodore was at some point in their careers. He probably will make that next step, but everyone is banking a lot on what is still potential, not fact.

There's not a problem with that, either. I just don't think he's the savior of Canucks hockey or that the Panthers necessarily got ripped off in the deal. I guess we'll see by the end of the year where the two teams finish and if Bertuzzi re-signs (and is worth re-signing) who the winner was.

clear.gif

I just got my authentic Crosby jersey in the mail today...

4-0!!!

unifiedtheory said:
Wow...Tim Thomas got shelled tonight. Bruins get kicked pretty good.

Oh well, 81 more to go.

:D:D:D:wink:

You know I love ya, uni. But that was freaking awesome.

Back
Top Bottom