Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread

nyjunc said:
Mariano=Cy Young

Not sure about this one, but it wouldn't shock me right now the way he is going. If he keeps it up then he has a legit chance.

I still think Garland or Buherele take home the Cy Young

MikeO said:
Not sure about this one, but it wouldn't shock me right now the way he is going. If he keeps it up then he has a legit chance.

I still think Garland or Buherele take home the Cy Young

If the season ended today Rivera would be the Cy Young. Garland and Buherle would split votes (like Manny and Ortiz did in the MVP race the last 2 years). Plus Rivera has been pretty much untouchable after the 3rd game of the year.

Cano probably will win the ROTY award, its amazing that his guy has been so good when no one wanted him last year in trade talks. The only guys that could threaten him would be Joe Mauer or the Japanese 2nd baseman for the ChiSox.

Michael Kay rumor alert (he said it after the Yankees game on his espnradio show)

Basically he said today he spoke to a high ranking official who said the Yankees have been pursuing Ken Griffey but supposedly the Reds have said they aren't trading him. He said that his story is 100 percent accurate and the Yankees want Griffey. Here's the good part. Some night (within the last 3 nights) Griffey was asked by the cage if he was open to a trade and he said Yes. Then the reporter then asked Griff if the Reds front office has approached him about any trade scenarios or teams interested and he said no. Kay said that wasn't true, the Yankees want Griffey and he isn't being told and is being lied to by the Reds front office. He says that the Reds are going to keep onto Griffey because their selling the team and want the new owner to decide what they do with him. I just thought it was funny and was wondering if anyone else heard this on the radio today. Kay said he wanted espn to cover the story nationally and kept bragging about how it was an exclusive lol!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Michael Kay rumor alert (he said it after the Yankees game on his espnradio show)

Basically he said today he spoke to a high ranking official who said the Yankees have been pursuing Ken Griffey but supposedly the Reds have said they aren't trading him. He said that his story is 100 percent accurate and the Yankees want Griffey. Here's the good part. Some night (within the last 3 nights) Griffey was asked by the cage if he was open to a trade and he said Yes. Then the reporter then asked Griff if the Reds front office has approached him about any trade scenarios or teams interested and he said no. Kay said that wasn't true, the Yankees want Griffey and he isn't being told and is being lied to by the Reds front office. He says that the Reds are going to keep onto Griffey because their selling the team and want the new owner to decide what they do with him. I just thought it was funny and was wondering if anyone else heard this on the radio today. Kay said he wanted espn to cover the story nationally and kept bragging about how it was an exclusive lol!

BS!!! john Sterling said this last night during the game!! Kay is stealing!!! God i hate him

FaninPatsyLand said:
If he continues to hit like he has been, Nick Swisher will win the AL Rookie of the Year award, IMO.

Swisher will have to raise his avg though. At .249 that is kinda low. Plus Robinson is on a bigger stage with more media attention.

Swisher could win it, but he will have to really put out from here till Oct.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

BS, the Red would trade him tomorrow to NOT pay him anymore. That would allow them to NOT Trade guys like Casey and Dunn who they like but can't afford.

Kay is a blowhard.

I like the move. It's cheap and this kid has promise. Plus he has a 3.12 ERA on the road. Whether he can fulfill his promise or not it is yet to be seen!

Great move by the Yanks. I gotta give them credit. Looking at his splits and such, he does have promise. He's lost games by pitching 7 innings and giving up two against Wasington's and Pittsburgh. He'll actually have an offense in NY. However, it's still pitching against Washington and Pitt.

Honestly, I don't see much negative. If he doesn't work out as a starter, send him to the pen to patch things up there.

21 ER at home, vs. 12 on the road. 6 HR giving up at home, vs. only one on the road (Yanks have a good size park too, so that's a positive).

He has a sub 4.00 ERA almost everywhere except Coors Field. The only team who's really beat him up is the Dodgers. He's not going to be a #3 starter, but he can give quality innings.

The pitching favor is definitely in our favor tonight. Time to get some revenge from last weekend's beatdown!

Back
Top Bottom