Official 2006 Atlanta Braves thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Atlanta Braves thread

muscle979

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I know I'm not the only Braves fan on this message board. This thread is for everything concerning the Atlanta Braves.

Here's to the 15th straight division title :D .

This thread will flame out like the Braves in the playoffs (low blow_)..

here's my atlanta braves contribution for ya's...

clear.gif

RWhitney014 said:
And 14th out of 15th failure to win the World Series?

I agree, the Braves will choke. But just "BEING THERE" in the playoffs for all of those years is something to be proud of. How many teams would give their left arm to just make the playoffs once! Let alone some 14, 15 times in a row as a DIVISION CHAMP!!!!!!!

It's funny to knock em as a team that gets there but damn near never wins, but hats off to them. They are a top franchise in this sport and you can't knock them that much.

MikeO said:
I agree, the Braves will choke. But just "BEING THERE" in the playoffs for all of those years is something to be proud of. How many teams would give their left arm to just make the playoffs once! Let alone some 14, 15 times in a row as a DIVISION CHAMP!!!!!!!

It's funny to knock em as a team that gets there but damn near never wins, but hats off to them. They are a top franchise in this sport and you can't knock them that much.

I can't and I won't. But no one else can deny that another team in Atlanta's division has settled for the Wild Card twice and won the whole shabang both times.

RWhitney014 said:
I can't and I won't. But no one else can deny that another team in Atlanta's division has settled for the Wild Card twice and won the whole shabang both times.

Nobody's knocking the Marlins, they just haven't enjoyed the consistency that Atlanta has. The wildcard system is good for baseball, a team gets hot near the end of the season and they can make something happen even when their division is out of reach. To keep winning and competing in the postseason every year with a fairly modest payroll and constant roster turnover is a pretty amazing thing IMO. I am worried about what's going to happen to the team when Bobby Cox retires.

MikeO said:

The thing about them "choking" the past couple of seasons is that they weren't really supposed to be there to begin with. For the past couple of seasons all of the sportswriters proclaim that this is the year the Braves will fall. This year they've lost Greg Maddux or Javy Lopez or Tom Glavine or whoever and they don't have the talent anymore to compete with the Phillies, Marlins, or Mets. Maybe they really will go down this season but they've overcome a lot of injuries and adversities the past 2 years to keep winning the division and proving all of the sportswriters wrong.

All of that being said I am still disappointed that they've only won one world series during their 14 year run.

muscle979 said:
I know I'm not the only Braves fan on this message board. This thread is for everything concerning the Atlanta Braves.

Here's to the 15th straight division title :D .

Not this year. Without Leo Mazzoni, your pitching coach, you have no chance.

GO PHILLIES.

Roman529 said:

GO PHILLIES.

If I remember right, we have a pretty good manager by the name of Bobby Cox and a bunch of young players. The Braves farm system is the best in the big leagues, so we will continue to be in the playoffs, year after year, you can count on it. When was the last time Philadelphia was even in the playoffs?

Roman529 said:

GO PHILLIES.

for what its worth, a few pitchers have come out in the last two years and said that Smoltz retiring will be a bigger blow to the staff as a whole than Mazzonne leaving will. a couple of young guys in particular have said after leaving that coaching from Mazzonne consisted of him saying "try to be more like Smoltzy," (or Maddux, or Glavine when they were there).

NorthFloridaFin said:
If I remember right, we have a pretty good manager by the name of Bobby Cox and a bunch of young players. The Braves farm system is the best in the big leagues, so we will continue to be in the playoffs, year after year, you can count on it. When was the last time Philadelphia was even in the playoffs?

The Phillies won the World Series in 1980 and lost the World Series in 1983.....the same amount of World Series that the Braves have won since 1980......ONE.

Back
Top Bottom