Official 2006 Atlanta Braves thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Atlanta Braves thread

NorthFloridaFin said:
Oh yeah, most of my uncles are shrimpers. I tried my hand at it, but chose Law Enforcement instead.

Sounds like a much more steady job, probably a good choice. I always enjoyed working on the boat though.

muscle979 said:
Sounds like a much more steady job, probably a good choice. I always enjoyed working on the boat though.

It's good money during the summer, but I guess I needed some benefits. But getting back to the Braves. It's not hard to see that our division run is over, but if we could sneak in as the wild card for once, it might play in our favor.

I've been real impressed with McCann, they young guy can hit. And if Francour can ever get a little patience at the plate he will be dangerous. Every ball he seems to hit is right on the button.

Do you know more about this rookie pitcher we got that has started off 3-0. He seems to have pretty good movement on his pitches?

Good win last night, 15-12 over the Padres. Our offense is finally starting to come around. And on another good note, the Mets were on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week.

NorthFloridaFin said:
It's good money during the summer, but I guess I needed some benefits. But getting back to the Braves. It's not hard to see that our division run is over, but if we could sneak in as the wild card for once, it might play in our favor.

I've been real impressed with McCann, they young guy can hit. And if Francour can ever get a little patience at the plate he will be dangerous. Every ball he seems to hit is right on the button.

Do you know more about this rookie pitcher we got that has started off 3-0. He seems to have pretty good movement on his pitches?

Yea they're most likely out of the division running, they would have to play lights out the rest of the season and probably sweep the rest of the games vs. the Mets. Not likely. I agree that going in as a wildcard can help them. They won't be able to relax at all this season if they hope to make the playoffs. I think Francoer is starting to improve at the plate with his patience. I love the way he can throw guys out at the plate from rightfield. Runners usually think twice about going for home when he has the ball out there. McCann is going to be their new Javy Lopez. I don't know which pitcher you're talking about honestly. They could use all the help they can get. Hudson's only pitching well every other game it seems. The backup first basement they recently called up, Thorman is his name, he seems pretty solid.

muscle979 said:
Yea they're most likely out of the division running, they would have to play lights out the rest of the season and probably sweep the rest of the games vs. the Mets. Not likely. I agree that going in as a wildcard can help them. They won't be able to relax at all this season if they hope to make the playoffs. I think Francoer is starting to improve at the plate with his patience. I love the way he can throw guys out at the plate from rightfield. Runners usually think twice about going for home when he has the ball out there. McCann is going to be their new Javy Lopez. I don't know which pitcher you're talking about honestly. They could use all the help they can get. Hudson's only pitching well every other game it seems. The backup first basement they recently called up, Thorman is his name, he seems pretty solid.

I believe the pitcher's last name is James. He has started off 3-0. We just need serious help in our bullpen, although Paronto seems to be holding his own right now.

NorthFloridaFin said:
Good win last night, 15-12 over the Padres. Our offense is finally starting to come around. And on another good note, the Mets were on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week.

Not to come into another thread and talk smack, but I think you guys would need several SI covers, a few broken mirrors, a small army of black cats running amok at Shea Stadium and at least one voodoo shaman to bring about the kind of rotten luck the Mets would need to blow the division at this point.

That said, there's absolutely no way the Braves are legitimately this bad, and the pitching has to improve. I wouldn't count them out for the Wild Card spot. The Braves are like Rasputin; I'll believe they're dead when I see the "z" next to "Atlanta" in the standings that denotes teams eliminated from playoff contention.

phunwin said:
Not to come into another thread and talk smack, but I think you guys would need several SI covers, a few broken mirrors, a small army of black cats running amok at Shea Stadium and at least one voodoo shaman to bring about the kind of rotten luck the Mets would need to blow the division at this point.

That said, there's absolutely no way the Braves are legitimately this bad, and the pitching has to improve. I wouldn't count them out for the Wild Card spot. The Braves are like Rasputin; I'll believe they're dead when I see the "z" next to "Atlanta" in the standings that denotes teams eliminated from playoff contention.

We are really not that bad, just our bullpen has been absolutely horrible this year. We are like 9-21 in 1-run games. And the majority of those losses are because of the bullpen.

phunwin said:

Well hey, lets leave well enough alone. Im more then content to let the Braves wallow in the misery of their 8-21 june. Oh yeah, the mid 80's are back...you know when the mets were good and atl was a cellar dwellar :cooldude:

Tim Hudson has been terrible, what happened to the pitcher we saw a couple of years back in the American League?

He sucks now..

Boik14 said:
Well hey, lets leave well enough alone. Im more then content to let the Braves wallow in the misery of their 8-21 june. Oh yeah, the mid 80's are back...you know when the mets were good and atl was a cellar dwellar :cooldude:

2nd place isnt' cellar dwelling. There are still about 9-12 games w/ the Mets left. Those will be the key to whether they can get close to the division again. Probably not, but dont' count out a manager who has sent a 100 win team home in his division before.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Tim Hudson has been terrible, what happened to the pitcher we saw a couple of years back in the American League?

He sucks now..

You got that right. What a disappointment he's been. He rarely seems to make it past the 4th inning anymore.

phunwin said:

You're right, they're not that bad. 7-3 in their last ten. They are hitting well and getting enough pitching to get the job done right now. Chipper's 13 game extra base hitting streak isn't hurting them either. Giles finally figuring out how to get on base is helping them a lot. Plus they still have Smoltz.

muscle979 said:
You got that right. What a disappointment he's been. He rarely seems to make it past the 4th inning anymore.

Tim Hudon's just having a bad year. He'll bounce back next year (if he doesn't turn it around the rest of this year)!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Tim Hudon's just having a bad year. He'll bounce back next year (if he doesn't turn it around the rest of this year)!

He has to if they want to make the postseason. They need some others to step up too. Ramirez has been solid so far this month. Smoltz has been himself which is good.

Another good win last night, 11-3. Smoltz pitched great (7 shutout innings). Andruw hit the longest homerun in Petco history (453 ft).

Back
Top Bottom