Official 2006 Atlanta Braves thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Atlanta Braves thread

NorthFloridaFin said:
Another good win last night, 11-3. Smoltz pitched great (7 shutout innings). Andruw hit the longest homerun in Petco history (453 ft).

Good, another series win. they can't afford to lose any at this point. Before the break they were saying that how this series went would probably tell a lot about how the rest of the season plays out. Let's hope it's a sign of good things to come.

muscle979 said:
Good, another series win. they can't afford to lose any at this point. Before the break they were saying that how this series went would probably tell a lot about how the rest of the season plays out. Let's hope it's a sign of good things to come.

Yeah, we sure can't afford to lose many series if we expect to make to postseason.

NorthFloridaFin said:
Yeah, we sure can't afford to lose many series if we expect to make to postseason.

They've got St. Louis again next. The cards aren't slumping anymore either. It will be a big series for them. The biggest though will of course be the Mets series.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Tim Hudon's just having a bad year. He'll bounce back next year (if he doesn't turn it around the rest of this year)!

The problem with that statement is he wasn't particularly good in the NL last year either. Not as good as you would expect from a pitcher who was very good in the American League. If the lineups are that much tougher in the AL then you would think his numbers would actually improve by a significant margin jumping over to the NL.

Braves sweep the NL west leading Padres on the road. Big sweep for them, now they need to beat the Cardinals again. There's probably nobody in MLB playing as well as Chipper right now. He has been unbelievable the past 3 weeks.

Braves continue to score runs by the crap load. 15-3!

Chipper's extra basehit streak ended but still...GO BRAVES!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
13 runs again tonight for the Braves. Their Bats are ridiculous right now!

Andruw Jones was insane tonight.

The Braves score 10+ runs for the fifth straight game. The last team do so was the 1930 Yankees.

I cant believe my Padres lost a home series against the braves. I can handle a loss or two, but we had the first game of the series we should have won, the one that went into extra innings. We should of had that one. I stayed up till 3 to watch it and I still cannot believe it. That was a great game.

Man, our offense is ridiculous right now. 13-5 over the Cardinals last night. Andruw was 5-5 w/ 6 RBI's and McCann had another multi-hit game.

NorthFloridaFin said:
Man, our offense is ridiculous right now. 13-5 over the Cardinals last night. Andruw was 5-5 w/ 6 RBI's and McCann had another multi-hit game.

I wonder how long they can keep this up? Their offense has been unstoppable, they've been embarrassing good teams.

muscle979 said:
I wonder how long they can keep this up? Their offense has been unstoppable, they've been embarrassing good teams.

I don't know how long they can keep it up, but I'm enjoying it right now. After that long month of June when it didn't feel like we could score any runs, I'll take it. Just keep it up and maybe we can sneak in as the wild-card team with all the momentum.

NorthFloridaFin said:
I don't know how long they can keep it up, but I'm enjoying it right now. After that long month of June when it didn't feel like we could score any runs, I'll take it. Just keep it up and maybe we can sneak in as the wild-card team with all the momentum.

They've got a great shot at the wild card right now. Depending on how long they can keep their hot streak going the division may not even be out of the question yet. I believe they still have around 12 head to head games with the Mets left. A great opportunity for them to make up some ground quickly. But the Mets are better than the Padres, Reds, and even the Cardinals right now.

I think the Braves will coninue to play good, kind of like the twins winning streak a few weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom