Official 2007 Angels of Anaheim Thread | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2007 Angels of Anaheim Thread

Kendrick back on the DL because of his finger. With Aybar also on the DL Izturis will get a lot of playing time. It's hard to get these young guys rolling when everytime they start to hit they get injured. Kotchman was hitting .450 before getting hit in the head and missing 7 games and now he's struggling to get his swing back. Stay healthy and I think the offense will be alright.

The final nail has been hammered in...I'm done.

The season is over for me, this team is showing no signs of heating up, injuries have finally caught up. It's time for Beane to start looking at next year.

I want to see Daric Barton, I want to see Dan Meyer and I want to see Kurt Suzuki catch everyday.

Something's going to happen soon. Billy Beane is not a patient man, he'll start moving guys soon. Piazza, Embree, Kennedy, Kendall, Dan Johnson...I can see them all being dispatched before the deadline.

Piazza, Kendall and Kennedy are all free agents after the year anyway. Having them walk will clear a ton of salary. I hope Billy Beane is seeing what every other A's fan is seeing, this team needs a BIG BAT at one of the corner outfield positions. Travis Buck is set at one corner spot and Kotsay should be healthy all next year but they need a guy who's going to deliver 35 HR and 120 RBI.

The lineup next year is void of that. Buck will probably lead off, Kotsay is a #2, Swisher is a 3, Barton is a #5, Chavvy is always better at 6 but they have nothing in the clean up spot and Jack Cust is not the answer. Beane needs to spend a little money, the money that he'll have when all those free agents walk.

I know I'd LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to see Torii Hunter come to Oakland and slide into the 3 hole, moving Swisher to clean up....but that is a fantasy...LOL!

The final nail has been hammered in...I'm done.

The season is over for me, this team is showing no signs of heating up, injuries have finally caught up. It's time for Beane to start looking at next year.

I want to see Daric Barton, I want to see Dan Meyer and I want to see Kurt Suzuki catch everyday.

Something's going to happen soon. Billy Beane is not a patient man, he'll start moving guys soon. Piazza, Embree, Kennedy, Kendall, Dan Johnson...I can see them all being dispatched before the deadline.

Piazza, Kendall and Kennedy are all free agents after the year anyway. Having them walk will clear a ton of salary. I hope Billy Beane is seeing what every other A's fan is seeing, this team needs a BIG BAT at one of the corner outfield positions. Travis Buck is set at one corner spot and Kotsay should be healthy all next year but they need a guy who's going to deliver 35 HR and 120 RBI.

The lineup next year is void of that. Buck will probably lead off, Kotsay is a #2, Swisher is a 3, Barton is a #5, Chavvy is always better at 6 but they have nothing in the clean up spot and Jack Cust is not the answer. Beane needs to spend a little money, the money that he'll have when all those free agents walk.

I know I'd LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to see Torii Hunter come to Oakland and slide into the 3 hole, moving Swisher to clean up....but that is a fantasy...LOL!

Injuries suck Uni, I know how you feel. I'd love to take Piazza off your hands,I think he would be a perfect fit here in Anaheim.:D

Injuries suck Uni, I know how you feel. I'd love to take Piazza off your hands,I think he would be a perfect fit here in Anaheim.:D

I think Beane will deal him pretty much anywhere at this point. Mike will have some input in it for sure though and I'd think Anaheim would be a choice destination for him.

Injuries happen and yes they do suck but this year has been ridiculous. I don't remember anything like it happening to any team I care about. Every damn day for a month it was someone else going on the DL.

Santana needs to go. It's a shame his trade value is so low at this point but this team is too good to have him giving up 7+ runs a game to crap teams. To bad that the O's owner nixed the trade for Tejada last year though at the time Santana was a good young pitcher w/ a ton of upside. What a difference a year makes. Hopefully he can figure it out again in AAA.

At least send him down to Salt Lake for a wake-up call. I'd like to see Saunders back for the push.

I think he needs to be sent down. Hopefully he can go down and figure things out and come back in the final month or so and be his old self. Santana of last year would be a big boost

:confused:

Mariners to defer $25 million of Suzuki's contract, money to be paid through at least 2032

The Seattle Mariners will be paying Ichiro Suzuki for at least a quarter century.
The All-Star outfielder's new contract extension calls for the team to defer $25 million of the $90 million he is owed, money that the team will not have to fully pay until at least 2032.
Suzuki, MVP of last week's All-Star game, gets a $5 million signing bonus and annual salaries of $17 million from 2008-12 under the terms of last Friday's deal. Seattle will pay $12 million in salary each year and defer $5 million per season at 5.5 percent interest. Suzuki, who turns 33 in October, will receive the money in annual installments each Jan. 30 starting with the year after his retirement from the major leagues

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-mariners-suzuki&prov=ap&type=lgns

Back
Top Bottom