Official 2007 Angels of Anaheim Thread | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2007 Angels of Anaheim Thread

If only we could have won 2 of 3 in each of the last 3 series we'd be sitting pretty good right now. If it wasn't for the M's skid we'd be in 2nd place. What is up with our pitching staff? I mean Lackey did alright but he had over 60 total pitches and was only in the 3rd! Then our bullpen wants to give up the game? Man these guys are scarin' me. A tough weekend coming up too against Detroit. Let's hope they get it together. And here's to Oakland sweepin' the M's (wishful thinking)!

Seattle looking at dropping 7 in a row. Hopefully they're still playing like this next week when they come to Anaheim.

Though there is an outside chance they could acquire Chicago White Sox outfielder Jermaine Dye, it appears to be Mark Teixeira or bust for the Angels, who, according to baseball sources, were rebuffed in their attempts to pry Paul Konerko from the White Sox and have all but given up their pursuit of Cincinnati slugger Adam Dunn.

The Dodgers, Atlanta Braves and Boston Red Sox are also pursuing Teixeira, the Texas first baseman who in 75 games is batting .299 with 13 home runs and 49 runs batted in, and the Rangers are in the process of leveraging each team against the other in an attempt to drive up the offers for the switch-hitter.

Angels first baseman Casey Kotchman would be part of any package to acquire Teixeira, and the Rangers, who had zeroed in on Ervin Santana before the struggling right-hander was demoted to triple-A Salt Lake on July 18, are believed to be comfortable with left-hander Joe Saunders as part of a deal.

But the Rangers want a third player and are scouring the Angels' farm system to determine who to ask for. If Texas wants one of the Angels' elite prospects, such as third baseman Brandon Wood or double-A pitcher Nick Adenhart, trade talks would fizzle. But if Texas would accept a lesser prospect, a deal would be more likely.

The Rangers are also believed to be interested in outfielders Reggie Willits, Nathan Haynes or Terry Evans as the third player in the deal.

I'd actually rather give up Saunders than Santana even though he's been struggling lately. I wonder if the injury to Colon and Santana's struggles would keep Stoneman from dealing Saunders though?

Saunders/Kotchman/Haynes for Tex? Please get this done.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseb...094.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-mlb-angels

:woot:Nice sweep of the Tigers this weekend. I sure hope this 3 game scoring surge doesn't make Bill and Mike think they don't need to pick up a "bat" before the trading deadline.This is the third year in a row I've been harping about my Halos getting some "help for Vlad.I like the latest rumor of possibly acquiring Dye from the Sox.I'd still love to see the Angels trade for Teixeira,but probably not likely(Atlanta).

Angels pitching staff is perfectly set up for Seattle. Escobar/Lackey/Weaver and the offense is on a historic tear (for the franchise). Time to put Seattle in the dust a bit.

They wanted too much from us. Saunders/Kotchman and either Santana/Wood/Adenhart or Kendrick? No thanks.

I think thats a little too much to ask for. In a way I want to make a trade but I think we can win with the team we have so I really don't want to mess with our line up. Since Colons out are they gonna bring Santana up again or stick with Mosely/Saunders?

I think thats a little too much to ask for. In a way I want to make a trade but I think we can win with the team we have so I really don't want to mess with our line up. Since Colons out are they gonna bring Santana up again or stick with Mosely/Saunders?

I read in the Times that Scioscia said they'd bring Santana back up based on his performance not based on the teams need. So I guess they'll stick w/ Mosley but I'm not sure.

That's the Jeff Weaver I'm used to. Nice to see GMJ show some power and Lackey was his usual self. I hope we arent wearing Lackey and especially Escobar out w/ having them go so deep in every game.

Back
Top Bottom