Official 2007 NBA Finals Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers Vs. San Antonio Spurs | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2007 NBA Finals Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers Vs. San Antonio Spurs

Which Team Will Win The 2007 NBA Finals Series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, it seems my boys just don't have it this year. Although how can I be upset when just 4 years ago they were the worst team in basketball and now they are at least in the finales. I am proud of the team this year and wth a few changes maybe next year is our year.

Is there still basketball going on?

That's why we don't give a **** about being in the ESPN spotlight. Winning is winning. You guys wanna be glamorous and on the cover of all these magazines and be the most popular in the US no sweat.

We'll just do what teams are supposed to do. Win

37% shooting in the Finals.......lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I keep saying; Great player. Better than Kobe? No. Wade? No.

This kid lacks the killer instinct, and that's obvious.

I'd take Kobe, Wade, Arenas, Mac, & a few others in the clutch over LBJ.

37% shooting in the Finals.......lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I keep saying; Great player. Better than Kobe? No. Wade? No.

This kid lacks the killer instinct, and that's obvious.

I'd take Kobe, Wade, Arenas, Mac, & a few others in the clutch over LBJ.

C'mon man, the guy has nobody around him, and I mean nobody. Z can do nothing on Duncan. Gooden is just plain inconsistent. Hughes isn't even playing. Marshall is washed up. Gibson is a rook. Snow sucks.

Just getting these bunch of scrubs to the Finals is an accomplishment, and perhaps you forgot about the 48 he dropped in Detroit. That wasn't clutch?

As for T-Mac over LeBron in the clutch?:sidelol: Let's see if he can get out of the 1st round first.

I'd put him behind only Kobe on the perimeter, barely. He's better than Wade. PERIOD. If you polled all the GM's in the NBA as to who they'd rather have, LeBron or Wade, who do you think the vast majority would choose? I'd be surprised if even one chose Wade.

C'mon man, the guy has nobody around him, and I mean nobody. Z can do nothing on Duncan. Gooden is just plain inconsistent. Hughes isn't even playing. Marshall is washed up. Gibson is a rook. Snow sucks.

Just getting these bunch of scrubs to the Finals is an accomplishment, and perhaps you forgot about the 48 he dropped in Detroit. That wasn't clutch?

As for T-Mac over LeBron in the clutch?:sidelol: Let's see if he can get out of the 1st round first.

I'd put him behind only Kobe on the perimeter, barely. He's better than Wade. PERIOD. If you polled all the GM's in the NBA as to who they'd rather have, LeBron or Wade, who do you think the vast majority would choose? I'd be surprised if even one chose Wade.

Gibson is probably their second best player right now. Scoring over 30 vs Det was his coming out party but this series he has done nearly enough.

Cleveland needs a few more pieces before they rule the East

The Cavaliers had the easiest trip to the Finals, it's pathetic. This spanking they are getting from the Spurs does not surprise me at all:

Round 1 vs Wizards - No Caron Butler, No Gilbert Arenas. :lol: Even the Celtics would have won this series.

Round 2 vs Nets - :rolleyes2 Everyone owns the Nets, this team is not good at all.

Round 3 vs Detroit - Okay finally they knocked out a decent team, but that's all they are, decent, a tad over average.

Now they are in the Finals and they finally face a good borderline great team. Oh the reality check has came to you people from Cleveland.

Bye bye, this is probably the last time you smell the Finals as long as Wade is back healthy again.

Thats the East for ya. Hell if Durant and Oden join the West, the NBA will probably implode from all the great teams in the West.

God damn East. Garnett better go to the Eastern Conference

First of all, getting a bunch of scrubs to the Finals in the Eastern Conference? Not at all. In the 2007 NBA Playoffs, we've witnessed the easiest path to the NBA Finals in NBA history - that is factual. Washington without their two best players? The New Jersey Nets? Detroit Pistons on drugs? Come on, don't be delusional. Were you honestly impressed with LeBron getting his team past the Wizards and Nets? If so, that's almost shameful. As for the Pistons, that is a team that obviously overlooked Cleveland completely, and let's be real.. Detroit is a far better basketball team. I still gave Cleveland credit even though they basically caught Detroit while sleeping.

Second of all, hell of a contradiction. You give LeBron the pass for being on a sorry team, yet down Tracy McGrady for not getting that garbage *** team out of round one? Talk about Z! Z! At least Z can grab a ****ing rebound. Watching Yao Ming continuously fail to rebound over guys he is 6-7 inches taller than was an embarrassment. Carlos Boozer and Deron Williams made a joke out of that team. They had those guys looking like Stockton and Malone, seriously. Houston is garbage as hell, and the West being far better simply is not fair. LOL @ Cleveland even attempting to play Utah in a 7 game series. Utah isn't even top 3 out West, and they'd disband that Cleveland franchise. :lol:

As for the Bron/Mac thing, though.. obviously, LeBron James is a better player. However, more clutch? I don't think so. I've seen McGrady come up huge in the clutch over and over and over again. LeBron on the other hand, has done this ONCE! And, did you watch that Game 5 in Detroit? At the end of the game, they left LeBron 1v1, lol.. I guess they thought he'd of passed the ball again. Think they'd of left Kobe or Wade 1v1? Hell no. In fact, on a better team, Detroit double-triple teamed Wade last year more than they did with LeBron this year. That's sad.

I don't understand why teams don't just foul LeBron when up 2-3 points in the clutch. It's not like he can go to the line and knock down 2 clutch free throws in a row. That is almost impossible. He cried for 3 FT's in Game 3 the other night.. I'd of been shocked if he hit 2.

If you think LeBron James right now is a better player than Dwyane Wade, then you've got a lot of basketball to watch before your opinion becomes relevant. It's obvious that you're a Wade hater though, as evident on these forums the past few years. However, of course many GM's would take LeBron over Wade, and rightfully so. LeBron is 22 and Wade is 25. LeBron clearly has more potential than possibly any player we've ever seen. 95% of GM's in this league would take LeBron over any player in the league right now because of his potential alone. However, if you ask GM's who is a better player right now? I'd be surprised if more than 5 respond with "LeBron James" - he's just hot right now, but cooling off. His main strength is the fact that he's so powerful, yet still one of the fastest/quickest/most explosive athletes in basketball. If only he could use those attributes on the defensive side of the ball.........

Bottom line: Great player.. one of the best talents all-time.

Better than Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade right now? Absolutely not.

First of all, getting a bunch of scrubs to the Finals in the Eastern Conference? Not at all. In the 2007 NBA Playoffs, we've witnessed the easiest path to the NBA Finals in NBA history - that is factual. Washington without their two best players? The New Jersey Nets? Detroit Pistons on drugs? Come on, don't be delusional. Were you honestly impressed with LeBron getting his team past the Wizards and Nets? If so, that's almost shameful.. Detroit is a far better basketball team. I still gave CAs for the Pistons, that is a team that obviously overlooked Cleveland completely, and let's be real.leveland credit even though they basically caught Detroit while sleeping.

Second of all, hell of a contradiction. You give LeBron the pass for being on a sorry team, yet down Tracy McGrady for not getting that garbage *** team out of round one? Talk about Z! Z! At least Z can grab a ****ing rebound. Watching Yao Ming continuously fail to rebound over guys he is 6-7 inches taller than was an embarrassment. Carlos Boozer and Deron Williams made a joke out of that team. They had those guys looking like Stockton and Malone, seriously. Houston is garbage as hell, and the West being far better simply is not fair. LOL @ Cleveland even attempting to play Utah in a 7 game series. Utah isn't even top 3 out West, and they'd disband that Cleveland franchise. :lol:

As for the Bron/Mac thing, though.. obviously, LeBron James is a better player. However, more clutch? I don't think so. I've seen McGrady come up huge in the clutch over and over and over again. LeBron on the other hand, has done this ONCE! And, did you watch that Game 5 in Detroit? At the end of the game, they left LeBron 1v1, lol.. I guess they thought he'd of passed the ball again. Think they'd of left Kobe or Wade 1v1? Hell no. In fact, on a better team, Detroit double-triple teamed Wade last year more than they did with LeBron this year. That's sad.

I don't understand why teams don't just foul LeBron when up 2-3 points in the clutch. It's not like he can go to the line and knock down 2 clutch free throws in a row. That is almost impossible. He cried for 3 FT's in Game 3 the other night.. I'd of been shocked if he hit 2.

If you think LeBron James right now is a better player than Dwyane Wade, then you've got a lot of basketball to watch before your opinion becomes relevant. It's obvious that you're a Wade hater though, as evident on these forums the past few years. However, of course many GM's would take LeBron over Wade, and rightfully so. LeBron is 22 and Wade is 25. LeBron clearly has more potential than possibly any player we've ever seen. 95% of GM's in this league would take LeBron over any player in the league right now because of his potential alone. However, if you ask GM's who is a better player right now? I'd be surprised if more than 5 respond with "LeBron James" - he's just hot right now, but cooling off. His main strength is the fact that he's so powerful, yet still one of the fastest/quickest/most explosive athletes in basketball. If only he could use those attributes on the defensive side of the ball.........

Agree that victories over N.J. and Washington weren't necessarily impressive, but I think you overlook the victory over the Pistons. No question the East sucks, but getting this group to a Finals, at any time, is an accomplishment for LeBron.

As for T-Mac, what has he ever done in the clutch? Ever? Has he ever scored 48 against a team with NBA championship pedigree to push his squad into the Finals? What has T-Mac ever done? Give LeBron Yao and Battier and he'd do a lot better than Tracy has.

As for saying LeBron has only been clutch once, c'mon man. In last years playoffs alone, he beat Washington (who by the way had a healthy Arenas and Butler) with two buckets very late, maybe even one was a buzzer beater. Finally, I think Jamison would argue with your "two best players" comment.

As for LeBron vs. Wade, we've had that discussion before. Don't think we'll ever agree on that one.:)

I think we all agree,the east needs some serious retooling.Nothing in the near future indicates that there is a change.Lets bring home the trophy tonight to the Western Conference!!

Go Spurs Go!!!

Thats definitely a matter of opinion.

Back
Top Bottom