Official 2007 NBA Finals Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers Vs. San Antonio Spurs | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2007 NBA Finals Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers Vs. San Antonio Spurs

Which Team Will Win The 2007 NBA Finals Series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All of this "The East sucks and the West dominates" stuff is funny.

The East has won 2 out of the last 3 Finals. The one for the west was a 7 game series. it will be 2-2 after this year.

The Best the East has is damn close to the best in the West. The West OVERALL is better...but you can't send 8 teams to the finals...you only send one.

Agree that victories over N.J. and Washington weren't necessarily impressive, but I think you overlook the victory over the Pistons. No question the East sucks, but getting this group to a Finals, at any time, is an accomplishment for LeBron.

As for T-Mac, what has he ever done in the clutch? Ever? Has he ever scored 48 against a team with NBA championship pedigree to push his squad into the Finals? What has T-Mac ever done? Give LeBron Yao and Battier and he'd do a lot better than Tracy has.

As for saying LeBron has only been clutch once, c'mon man. In last years playoffs alone, he beat Washington (who by the way had a healthy Arenas and Butler) with two buckets very late, maybe even one was a buzzer beater. Finally, I think Jamison would argue with your "two best players" comment.

As for LeBron vs. Wade, we've had that discussion before. Don't think we'll ever agree on that one.:)

I agree to agree to disagree.

But I do want to make a few statements:

1) Hell of accomplishment for LeBron in getting that team to the Finals. No disagreements there. My problem is people overrating that for more than it is. We all witnessed Dwyane Wade carry the Miami Heat with Antoine Walker on the floor last year, and Shaq sitting on the bench in foul trouble. Last 4 games of that series? I believe 39.8 PPG & 4 wins - that is beyond imaginable. IMO, on the biggest stage, while the 2005-2006 Heat were better than the 2006-2007 Cavs, there is simply no comparison. Wade looked like Jordan, and LeBron looked like Vince Carter. He shot under 40% in the Finals and his team got swept - that is awful. Put Wade on that team and there's no way he doesn't dominate at least one or two of those home games. I know that's something we can't prove, but I honestly believe that.

2) Well, T-Mac hasn't really had the chance. I'm basing this off of that killer instinct alone. I've seen him change games, period.. and absolutely by himself, no Daniel Gibson's around for the bail out 3-4 triples in a row which is what really closed out Detroit. Every time it looks like Tracy has a chance to make it out of round 1, we witness 1v5. Yao is as much of a stiff as Big Z, and quite possibly the most overrated basketball player since his former teammate drew comparisons to as a "smaller" Jordan - Steve Francis. I'd like to see T-Mac on a big stage before dismissing him. He's certainly proven to be clutch, overall, though.

3) Antwan Jamison can argue that he's the second best player on that team, but so could any blind idiot, lol. Antwan Jamison isn't the player he was before. He's still solid, but Caron Butler is certainly better as of right now. Times change.. players change. Caron's game has developed incredibly.

Botton Line: LeBron James is a great player, and like I've always said.. one of my 5 favorite basketball players in this league. However, right now, there is really no comparison between he & Dwyane Wade. Wade has done so much more, and is so much better in so many different aspects as a player. The only thing LeBron has over Wade is overall court vision and power, really. The future? I strongly believe that in a few years, maybe longer, we'll be able to have this discussion to a better degree, but until then, IMO, there is no discussion. The better argument is Kobe vs. Wade, where I'd go with still go with Kobe. Wade & LeBron are certainly better team players though. :)

Hey guys Spurs fan here and just wanted to let you guys know the celebration was amazing. I was at the At&t Center for the viewing party and the scene was electric. The downtown celebration was crazy, I have not missed one yet.
clear.gif

this is where I was sitting.

Hey guys Spurs fan here and just wanted to let you guys know the celebration was amazing. I was at the At&t Center for the viewing party and the scene was electric. The downtown celebration was crazy, I have not missed one yet.
clear.gif

Yeah dude I saw the invites on SpursTalk. If I lived in TX I'd definitely of been there. Maybe one day

Yes, Congrats Spurs fans. Your team is special and one of the best in NBA history in my opinion for their sustained excellence.

On a side note, did anybody else lose money when Jones hit the "meaningless" three at the end? That killed me. :fire:

clear.gif

Yea I know.My cousin and her husband were out til 3am partying last nite.We partied here last nite too.I'll be there next month.Nice pics man!!The Spurs board is going crazy!!Go Spurs Go!! Lets get another one next year.:evil::evil::evil:

Yea I know.My cousin and her husband were out til 3am partying last nite.We partied here last nite too.I'll be there next month.Nice pics man!!The Spurs board is going crazy!!Go Spurs Go!! Lets get another one next year.:evil::evil::evil:
I was in S.A. the first yr they won, it was very exciting. Congrats guys.

Awesome weekend went to the Dome celebration. I got there at 3pm, had great seats. Watched the parade on the Jumbotron and then the celebration. Good times and great fans. Drive for Five is on.

Back
Top Bottom