Official 2008-09 Recruiting Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2008-09 Recruiting Thread

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
post all recruiting news here.

My Wolverines have started the year out strong, and have a good chance at getting several top prospects.

Got to give Rich Rod credit, he's getting a lot of top notch guys to atleast consider Michigan that wouldn't even look at Coach Carr

How is McGuffie lookin for you guys? I am intrigued by the Great White Hope.:up:

I am an Illini fan and have been very impressed with Zook's recruiting. He is finally bringing in four star and sometimes 5 star athletes here. Now, his coaching could use a little work but hey nobodies perfect.:lol:

Also are you worried that Michigan St is outrecruiting you guys for a couple of players? Their fans are gettin pretty ****y about it.

How is McGuffie lookin for you guys? I am intrigued by the Great White Hope.:up:

I am an Illini fan and have been very impressed with Zook's recruiting. He is finally bringing in four star and sometimes 5 star athletes here. Now, his coaching could use a little work but hey nobodies perfect.:lol:

Also are you worried that Michigan St is outrecruiting you guys for a couple of players? Their fans are gettin pretty ****y about it.

McGuffie has looked really good. Has a real shot at starting with Minor's fumbling problem and Brown not being real consistent

worried about MSU? They got 2 of the top guys in Michigan, but we got the top guy (William Campbell) and are really focusing a lot on out of state guys (Kevin Newsome, Shodverick Beaver, JT Turner). A lot of tob talent like Craig Roh, Anthony Lalota, Jamaal Berry, and Jelani Jenkins have Michigan in their finalists lists, and 12 of the top 100 players from the south have Michigan has their favorite. The Spartans might get a couple nice prospects from in state, but we still got the Elite guy, and we still get better players from around the nation.

My Seminoles already have 18 commitments for the 2009 class. The #2 DT, the #3 AP-RB and several other 4 star players. It's looking pretty good right now.

Dont get your hopes up. Go canes

The Canes have the #1 RB wrapped up in Bryce Brown.

From Scout.com: Bryce Brown is easily one of the top players in the entire country. If you were building a running back from scratch you would try to model him after Brown. He has the size to be an every down back and the explosiveness, speed, vision, and cut-back ability to take it to the house any time he touches the ball.

The Canes have the #1 RB wrapped up in Bryce Brown.

From Scout.com: Bryce Brown is easily one of the top players in the entire country. If you were building a running back from scratch you would try to model him after Brown. He has the size to be an every down back and the explosiveness, speed, vision, and cut-back ability to take it to the house any time he touches the ball.

Yeah, I seen is highlight film. He's going to be a great back for ya'll. I'm excited about the RB we signed (Chris Thompson), he seems to have a little Warrick Dunn ability to him. Things are looking up for both our programs.

Looks like Michigan's future QB recruit (Newsome) just decommited. That sucks for Michigan. They lost out on Pryor and now Newsome...looks like its on to Plan C haha.

Looks like Michigan's future QB recruit (Newsome) just decommited. That sucks for Michigan. They lost out on Pryor and now Newsome...looks like its on to Plan C haha.

Well, we've still got Shodverick Beaver committed who is a very good QB in his own right (and is a 4* prospect) and Tate Forcier has us as his favorite.

some updating,

5* CB Darius Winston committed to Arkansas last week in somewhat of a surprise move. He was previously committed to them as a junior but decommitted when Nutt left. Everybody thought he was going to Ole Miss

5* LB Nico Johnson has committed to Alabama. Don't know a lot about the kid, but he's a Bama guy so not too surprised.

5* RB Jamaal Berry committed to Ohio State. Not surprised at all by this. The rich get richer

4* QB Tate Forcier committed to Michigan after the Utah game (and he does have a chance to start as a freshmen). I'm friends with Tate on MySpace (I am 18 guys) and he's said he's always been a Michigan fan, and he wasn't gonna commit to anybody until he was sure that both Kevin Newsome and Shavodrick Beaver were going to Michigan. Newsome decommitted, Tate steps in.

5* OT/DE Anthony LaLota will be committing tomorrow at 8:30 on CSTV. His final 4 our Michigan,Notre Dame,Penn State, and Boston College. Once seen as a Notre Dame lock it sounds like he's all but eliminated them. There are conflicting reports though on who it's between; they say either Michigan/PSU or Michigan/BC. So tomorrow I'll either be really happy (Michigan fan), NUblar will be really happy (PSU fan), but no matter what I'll be cool as I like all 3 teams (but if he does go to ND I'll be pissed). LaLota is 6'6 260 and runs a 4.6 40. His potential is through the roof. He is being recruited by everybody to be a DE, but don't be surprised if he is moved to LT (where he has so much potential to be so great that he might not be able to pass that up). He should be good either way.

5* DT William Campbell decommitted from Michigan temporarily so he could enjoy the recruiting experience. Nobody was recruiting him seriously as he was always a solid commit, so he's doing it to take visits to LSU and USC. Non of MIchigan's insiders are worried though as 2 of his HS teammates are either already committed to Michigan or will be soon, and his former teammate (BoBo Cissoko) is already in Ann Arbor.

Clemson's 2 prise recruites, 5 * safeties Craig Loston and Devonte Holloman, are both visiting other schools. Loston will probably stay Clemson, but Holloman will probably commit elsewhere.

4* DE Craig Roh was supposed to commit next Friday between USC and Michigan after visiting USC for the OSU game, but get this; HE CANCELED AND HAS PRETTY MUCH ELIMINATED USC. He will take an unofficial to Arizona State (he's from Tempe) and take an official to UCLA. Probably between ASU and Michigan now (he loves Michigan, but distance is a factor)

and Finally 5* RB David Oku will announce next Wednesday. His finalists are Michigan,Louisville,Tennessee, and Nebraska. Rumors are he has already informed the Vols he'll be going there, but Oku came out today and said he's not going to Tennessee; who knows.

Yeah there is a bit more Michigan related news, but that's cause I get inside info on Michigan recruiting (and in turn, learn where the guys they like are also looking) and I follow PSU for my uncle who is an alum (and I'll update Nublar on their class too if he wants me too). If any of you guys want me to dig up info on any recruit, just ask.

Lalota chose Michigan. I must say, RichRod is doing a nice job recruiting. Lalota is a guy we had no shot at 2 months ago. Now get Campbell recommitted, and bring in a couple other top recruits (hopefully Jelani Jenkins and Craig Roh to name two) and we've got a top 5 class.

David Oku will apparantly delay his decision because his father is coming home from Iraq and Oku wants him to see the 4 schools he's considering.

Craig Roh will announce Thursday and all indications point to Michigan. On that note, Anthony LaLota committed to Michigan.

Northwestern picked up a huge recruit in 4* OT Patrick Ward. Ward is the first recruit above 3* that the Wildcats have gotten in the last 7 years and is probably the best recruit they've gotten since Napolean Harris.

Couple notes on that, I feel good for Northwestern and Pat Fitzgerald for getting Ward. Northwestern has such strict academic standards that they can't get a lot of top recruits. Fitz is a good coach, but he doesn't have a lot of talent.

And again, even with Michigan struggles all year, this recruiting class for Michigan is one of the best in recent years, and a lot of highly touted recruits who nobody ever thought would go to Michigan are going or are putting Michigan in their final list due to Rodriguez and Mike Barwis (nobody though Michigan would LaLota. Roh wanted to stay close to home and it looks like we'll get him, and there are others but I can't give out the details to those yet)

some updates.

4* DE Craig Roh commits to Michigan.

Fresno State picks up a big commit in 4* LB Travis Brown

Despite losing out on Roh, Arizona State is looking good for the top 2 players in the state; 5* DE Devon Kennard and 5* DT Corey Adams (Roh was number 3). Adams is deciding between USC,OSU, and ASU. Could go either way, but RIGHT NOW sounds like ASU. Kennard on the other hand might be a pipe dream as he seems to be a USC lock

Back
Top Bottom