Official 2009 Florida Marlins thread: The stadium is ours!!!!!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2009 Florida Marlins thread: The stadium is ours!!!!!!!

Josh Johnson's night is officially over.

6 2/3 innings. 7 hits. 0 ER. 0 walks.

Very effective game by Johnson. He looked like he was getting a feel for the umpire's strikezone early in the game nibbling on corners. Greg Maddux made his living doing this. If you were going to beat Maddux, you had to do it in the early innings. I'm not saying Johnson is the second coming lol, but the way he approached his game tonight was very Maddux, Glavine-esque. I was highly impressed. Hopefully Johnson can repeat this kind of performance throughoutthe season.

This team will compete for years to come. Our minor league system is hands down the best in baseball. We have so many prospects that should help keep us loaded. Hopefully we keep our core and don't get rid of them, especially with the new stadium. Very exciting time to be a Marlin fan. Love em!

This team will compete for years to come. Our minor league system is hands down the best in baseball. We have so many prospects that should help keep us loaded. Hopefully we keep our core and don't get rid of them, especially with the new stadium. Very exciting time to be a Marlin fan. Love em!

You know, for the first time in quite a few years, our farm system is very strong with people who aren't just pitchers. I was shocked to see we had 3 people in the preseason top 20 prospects on Baseball America (Cameron Maybin, Mike Stanton, Logan Morrison). Stanton will be a flat out stud, and I really don't know a lot about Morrison, but he could be up real soon (I believe Cantu is a FA). We also have Matt Dominquez at 64 (Future stud at 3B), Kyle Skipworth at 85 (led the GCL in throwing out base runners), and Sean West at 96 (one of the pitchers we took in Volstad's class who many think could be better than Volstad if he can overcome his blister problems).

If either Ani or Volstad can become a solid number 3 behind JJ and RiNo IMO we'll win the NL East. If all 4 can be good to great all year, we'll be dominant. No more Rick Vanden Hurk,Mark Hendrickson,Sergio Mitre, Brian Moehler, or Burke Bradenhop starting this year.

Marlins continue to be a dominating HR team..nice win tonight

Yeah I knew it was something similar to that, but I didn't remember the specifics.

Pretty solid.

Didn't they have 4 guys with 30 dingers each last year or something similar?

Yeah...Hanley,Uggla and Jacobs had over 30 and Cantu had 29. I think both Uggla and Jacobs had 32 and Hanley had 33

Last year we finished third in total home runs. We don't really need to do that again as now we are more balanced. But HR's are fun to watch, especially inside the parkers.

Back
Top Bottom