***Official 2010-2011 Miami Heat Thread*** | Page 168 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2010-2011 Miami Heat Thread***

You have to work against the zone..If you dont see if its very hard to beat it..Especially if your not playing team type ball on offense.. Ask Jim Boeheim the guy has lived and died by the zone in college..Which has better shooters for the most part and has a closer 3 point line...Jim says time and time again..Get my team into the tourney at any seed and we will succeed..Big east teams usually have more success against it cause they work against it alot...To go back to your first point Hoops..The other problem with a 2-3 zone is boxing out...So if the team your facing has a dominate big man he is going to get 2nd chance oppurtunities on rebounds...Which Miami did not have..Go back and watch Blake Griffin verse Syracuse a few years ago..He dominated..

The problem w/ that theory is SU and Boeheim usually disappoint every year in the Tourney.

Front runner Phil? he didn't fire a coach of a team that was on it's way to a title like Riley.

Phil won w/ talented teams obviously(as do all coaches) but Chi hadn't been to a Finals and the Lakers hadn't been to one w/ Shaq and Shaq's only Finals app was a sweep. Phil is the best coach in NBA history.

yeah thats right...i said FRONT RUNNER PHIL...michael jordan and scottie pippen kobe and shaq kobe and pau gasol etc...FRONT RUNNER PHIL...

a year from now he'll probably be coachin the heat...lmao

You have to work against the zone..If you dont see if its very hard to beat it..Especially if your not playing team type ball on offense.. Ask Jim Boeheim the guy has lived and died by the zone in college..Which has better shooters for the most part and has a closer 3 point line...Jim says time and time again..Get my team into the tourney at any seed and we will succeed..Big east teams usually have more success against it cause they work against it alot...To go back to your first point Hoops..The other problem with a 2-3 zone is boxing out...So if the team your facing has a dominate big man he is going to get 2nd chance oppurtunities on rebounds...Which Miami did not have..Go back and watch Blake Griffin verse Syracuse a few years ago..He dominated..

which is exactly why i'd be trying to acquire d howard floating bosh and something...run the 2-3 with howard patrolling the paint dallas and the rims getting broken

The problem w/ that theory is SU and Boeheim usually disappoint every year in the Tourney.

Well hey the man is stubborn...He will never get out of it when teams are shooting lights out.. Alot of teams dissapoint 2 years ago they lost to 2nd best team and they didnt have Onawaku ..(SP)

which is exactly why i'd be trying to acquire d howard floating bosh and something...run the 2-3 with howard patrolling the paint dallas and the rims getting broken

Well if your facing alot of zone you would be right.. But you dont see alot of it..Bosh should actually flourish with Bron and Wade..Which he did in the playoffs..He keeps big men out of the paint and should make them pay with his jumper..(Theory of course)

Well if your facing alot of zone you would be right.. But you dont see alot of it..Bosh should actually flourish with Bron and Wade..Which he did in the playoffs..He keeps big men out of the paint and should make them pay with his jumper..(Theory of course)

oh i think you guys are gonna be seeing more zone looks now that it shown to be the heats kryptonite...i think teams are gonna start implementing some zone for sure

oh i think you guys are gonna be seeing more zone looks now that it shown to be the heats kryptonite...i think teams are gonna start implementing some zone for sure

Well you would hope the Heat can adjust and Spolestra can teach them to beat it..

yeah thats right...i said FRONT RUNNER PHIL...michael jordan and scottie pippen kobe and shaq kobe and pau gasol etc...FRONT RUNNER PHIL...

a year from now he'll probably be coachin the heat...lmao

Michael had won how many titles before Phil? Shaq and kobe had won how many? how many did kobe win after Phil left? A frontrunner would be Riley taking over a dynasty in the making(that had already won 2 titles) in LA then putting together the '06 Heat and firing his coach midseason so he could lead them to the title. That's front running, Phil was in great situations w/ guys that had never won before.

I watched the games. There was hardly any ball movement and not much motion at all.. I would say 75% of their offense was isolation.. and when we were setting screens they were poorly executed.. I will say Lebron gave very little effort on both sides of the floor..But thats the coaches fault..He has to reconize that...He has to fire up his team..

Well if you think 75% of their plays were isos then I'd say try watching it again and pay attention this time.

I saw Lebron play some of the best ball of his life against the Bulls, and some inspired play against the Celtics as well. Is that because Spoelstra motivated him? The therapy was working that week? For the life of me I'll never be able to understand how fans decide to assign their coaching heros as panaceas to every little woe that befalls their favorite team and the ones they dislike as the source of every calamity.

Shaq gave Riley the ultimatum, trade him or fire Van Gundy. He didn't wanna play for Van Gundy. I was very close to somebody that was on Shaq's personal physical therapy team and thats all he talked about behind closed doors. O'Neal openly criticized him in the media but bashed him behind the scenes. Please don't make it sound like Riles just swooped in and stole the job from him.

Shaq gave Riley the ultimatum, trade him or fire Van Gundy. He didn't wanna play for Van Gundy. I was very close to somebody that was on Shaq's personal physical therapy team and thats all he talked about behind closed doors. O'Neal openly criticized him in the media but bashed him behind the scenes. Please don't make it sound like Riles just swooped in and stole the job from him.

I don't think Pat had a problem swooping in and the rumblings about him coaching again started from the day they got Shaq.

Michael had won how many titles before Phil? Shaq and kobe had won how many? how many did kobe win after Phil left? A frontrunner would be Riley taking over a dynasty in the making(that had already won 2 titles) in LA then putting together the '06 Heat and firing his coach midseason so he could lead them to the title. That's front running, Phil was in great situations w/ guys that had never won before.

please...jacksons teams have always been loaded...anyone could win championships with what he's had to play with thru the years...

Well if you think 75% of their plays were isos then I'd say try watching it again and pay attention this time.

I saw Lebron play some of the best ball of his life against the Bulls, and some inspired play against the Celtics as well. Is that because Spoelstra motivated him? The therapy was working that week? For the life of me I'll never be able to understand how fans decide to assign their coaching heros as panaceas to every little woe that befalls their favorite team and the ones they dislike as the source of every calamity.

Bro this is not just some regular situation..Miami has 3 all star caliber players on the team....2 top 5 players on the team... They lost 3 games up until the Mavs series..Yea that was great... But he could not adjust to what the Mavs were doing......Why do you think they lost game 2? Cause the Mavs are that much better? You dont lose a 15 point lead in that game..Inexcusable..Spoesltra was out coached this whole series...Lebron got frustrated and lost focus he was not even playing defense? Why?

I don't think Pat had a problem swooping in and the rumblings about him coaching again started from the day they got Shaq.

Of course he didn't have a problem taking over but half of it was the fact that Shaq didn't respect Van Gundy and just came from playing with a high profile coach in Phil Jackson. There was a lot more to the story than what you saw on the surface

Back
Top Bottom