***Official 2010-2011 Miami Heat Thread*** | Page 169 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2010-2011 Miami Heat Thread***

Bro this is not just some regular situation..Miami has 3 all star caliber players on the team....2 top 5 players on the team... They lost 3 games up until the Mavs series..Yea that was great... But he could not adjust to what the Mavs were doing......Why do you think they lost game 2? Cause the Mavs are that much better? You dont lose a 15 point lead in that game..Inexcusable..Spoesltra was out coached this whole series...Lebron got frustrated and lost focus he was not even playing defense? Why?

You can't teach heart or mentality if your trying to blame Lebron's gaming woes on the coach. We may never know the real story thats going on upstairs with him but coaching isn't the problem. How could it be when your star is deferring the ball to everybody from Chalmers to E. House. He didn't trust his shot and his lack of a post up game to fall back on limited him extremely on the offensive side. His defense, I don't know what that was b/c his three point stand looked lazy and sloppy.

nah...if i was the heat i'd try and offer up bosh first for a impact center...i doubt the magic would take just bosh for d howard but i'd already have been on the phone tryin to work something out...but howards got his limits also...zero game outside of 10 foot from the basket in the half court set and a horrid free throw shooter...but he'd destroy the glass and the rim...

at any rate my guess is howard ends up a laker...i think bynum odom and something else will be offered up and the magic might be dumb enough to do it...bynums days are over in los angeles...no chance howard resigns with the magic and they know it...not unless they get 2 more studs and i don't see it

bosh is absolutely the piece i'd offer up

Bosh and whatever other scrub the Heat are willing to offer isn't getting Dwight. I think we end up with a franchise tag in the new CBA, and Dwight stays in Orlando personally.

Then how come anyone wasn't winning w/ that talent?

Doug Collins had Scottie Pippen for only his rookie season, where he was a nonfactor, and Kobe didn't become a starter until his 3rd season. Don't fool yourself, Phil Jackson is every bit a front runner and will be begging for the Heat job this time next year.

I am making a bold prediction right here, right now: LeBron James for Dwight Howard.

Howard, unlike James, complements Wade much like Shaq did five years ago. Plus, Howard can be a legit sidekick. Personally, I find it hard to believe that Wade, the champion who brought Miami a championship, enjoys being in James' shadow nowadays.

I am making a bold prediction right here, right now: LeBron James for Dwight Howard.

Howard, unlike James, complements Wade much like Shaq did five years ago. Plus, Howard can be a legit sidekick. Personally, I find it hard to believe that Wade, the champion who brought Miami a championship, enjoys being in James' shadow nowadays.

Honestly, Dwight Howard is a better player than LeBron anyways now that he can score the ball. It can't even be argued that centers are the most important position in the NBA. There's a reason we see teams giving big contracts to ****ty or average centers every single year. Without a defensive anchor at Center, you just don't make it to the Finals (see post 2,461), and with a Center dominant on both sides of the ball, you become an unstoppable force. Wade and Dwight wins at least 3 championships guaranteed. Wade and LeBron, maybe 1.

Having 2 elite wings and a perimeter oriented big, with garbage at center, is nowhere near as good as having an elite wing, a dominant inside force, with a perimeter oriented big able to reap the benefits of all the wide open looks he's sure to get with teams trying to double team Howard.

Doug Collins had Scottie Pippen for only his rookie season, where he was a nonfactor, and Kobe didn't become a starter until his 3rd season. Don't fool yourself, Phil Jackson is every bit a front runner and will be begging for the Heat job this time next year.

OK, how come w/ Scottie still in his prime and on an incredibly talented Portland team they didn't win the title? How come Shaq and kopbe were getting embarrassed in the playoffs every year before Phil? How come kob couldn't win after phil left? Obviously you need talent to win but Phil is vaastly underrated, even w/ the best talent championships are not guaranteed and to win as many as he did was remarkeable.

Pat Riley is a frontunner, phil jackson is the best coach this league has ever seen.

Honestly, Dwight Howard is a better player than LeBron anyways now that he can score the ball. It can't even be argued that centers are the most important position in the NBA. There's a reason we see teams giving big contracts to ****ty or average centers every single year. Without a defensive anchor at Center, you just don't make it to the Finals (see post 2,461), and with a Center dominant on both sides of the ball, you become an unstoppable force. Wade and Dwight wins at least 3 championships guaranteed. Wade and LeBron, maybe 1.

Having 2 elite wings and a perimeter oriented big, with garbage at center, is nowhere near as good as having an elite wing, a dominant inside force, with a perimeter oriented big able to reap the benefits of all the wide open looks he's sure to get with teams trying to double team Howard.

When is the last time a team won a title w/ a big time C? The heat in '06 and that was more b/c the officials treated wade better than they ever treated Jordan than b/c of Shaq. Outisde of Shaq who are the big time C's in recent NBA history that have won? Hakeem? who else? and Hakeem only won b/c Jordan left the game.

OK, how come w/ Scottie still in his prime and on an incredibly talented Portland team they didn't win the title? How come Shaq and kopbe were getting embarrassed in the playoffs every year before Phil? How come kob couldn't win after phil left? Obviously you need talent to win but Phil is vaastly underrated, even w/ the best talent championships are not guaranteed and to win as many as he did was remarkeable.

Pat Riley is a frontunner, phil jackson is the best coach this league has ever seen.

When is the last time a team won a title w/ a big time C? The heat in '06 and that was more b/c the officials treated wade better than they ever treated Jordan than b/c of Shaq. Outisde of Shaq who are the big time C's in recent NBA history that have won? Hakeem? who else? and Hakeem only won b/c Jordan left the game.

I agree Jackson is the best coach ever in the NBA..maybe best coach period in any sport of all time...You can consider him...

Pat Riley is a great coach..He is not a front runner....He brought the Heat and the Knicks to the Finals..As you know the Lakers too....Riley is a great coach..

Won titles with 2 seperate teams..

I agree Jackson is the best coach ever in the NBA..maybe best coach period in any sport of all time...You can consider him...

Pat Riley is a great coach..He is not a front runner....He brought the Heat and the Knicks to the Finals..As you know the Lakers too....Riley is a great coach..

Won titles with 2 seperate teams..

He took over the Lakers dynasty in the making in the 80s and Miami was headed towards a title w/ or w/o him. As for the Knicks, he led them to the finals in the year w/o Jordan(and still needed 7 games to beat the Bulls). I think Riley is overrated as a coach but he is an excellent GM.

Kobe only got significant minutes 1 season before Phil, and that was a strike shortened season. Oh, and the Lakers made the WCF 2 years before Phil got there. Phil was only away from the Lakers for 1 season, that season being the 1st without Shaq. As for the Bulls, they WERE winning titles almost every year in Pippen's prime. Not sure what Pippen's Portland years have to do with anything, last time I checked they didn't have the greatest player to ever play the game on that team. Nobody is saying Phil Jackson isn't a great coach, I'm saying he's a frontrunner who will only go to a team already built than build a team into a contender himself. That's completely true, afterall.

As for the 2nd part of that post, again, I give you post 2,461 of this thread. Just about every team to make the finals in just the last decade, has had a dominant defensive anchor at center. Plenty teams have had very good post scorers as well. Shaq. Duncan. Gasol. Keven Garnett. Dwight Howard. Dirk Nowitzki, more so this year than in 2006. The Heat don't have a dominant post defender. Joel Anthony is a backup caliber center. They don't have a go to scorer in the post. Bosh is a jump shooter.

Kobe only got significant minutes 1 season before Phil, and that was a strike shortened season. Oh, and the Lakers made the WCF 2 years before Phil got there. Phil was only away from the Lakers for 1 season, that season being the 1st without Shaq. As for the Bulls, they WERE winning titles almost every year in Pippen's prime. Not sure what Pippen's Portland years have to do with anything, last time I checked they didn't have the greatest player to ever play the game on that team. Nobody is saying Phil Jackson isn't a great coach, I'm saying he's a frontrunner who will only go to a team already built than build a team into a contender himself. That's completely true, afterall.

As for the 2nd part of that post, again, I give you post 2,461 of this thread. Just about every team to make the finals in just the last decade, has had a dominant defensive anchor at center. Plenty teams have had very good post scorers as well. Shaq. Duncan. Gasol. Keven Garnett. Dwight Howard. Dirk Nowitzki, more so this year than in 2006. The Heat don't have a dominant post defender. Joel Anthony isn't one. He's a backup caliber center. They don't have a go to scorer in the post. Bosh is a jump shooter.

Kobe got significant minutes almost from day 1. Yep they made the conf Final where they were humiliated in a 4 game sweep. The next season they were humiliated in a 4 game sweep in the conf semi's. Then phil shows up and they magically win 3 titles in a row and make the Finals 4 out of 5 years.

Phil was away for that season and they didn't make the playoffs, Phil came back and they won 11 more games in the reg season and made the playoffs.

Again, Chi wasn't winning titles and neither were the Lakers w/o Phil. Phil almost got Chi to the conf Finals the year w/o Jordan in a series where Pippen sulked on the bench for one of the biggest plays in the series.

I already addressed that post.

The only dominat TRUE Center was Shaq to win a title. the other guys either weren't dominant or glorified power forwards. In the last 20 years or so only Hakeem, Shaq and Robinson have been truly dominant C's to win titles and Robinson won more b/c of duncan while Hakeem won b/c Jordan was out of basketball for a year and a half.

He took over the Lakers dynasty in the making in the 80s and Miami was headed towards a title w/ or w/o him. As for the Knicks, he led them to the finals in the year w/o Jordan(and still needed 7 games to beat the Bulls). I think Riley is overrated as a coach but he is an excellent GM.

So thats your argument? That he had trouble beating a better coach? Took the Heat to the Eastern conference finals too..Like Chris Rock said he does not have to get us to the moutain top but at least get us to the playoffs...Get to the playoffs you got a chance.

Kobe got significant minutes almost from day 1. Yep they made the conf Final where they were humiliated in a 4 game sweep. The next season they were humiliated in a 4 game sweep in the conf semi's. Then phil shows up and they magically win 3 titles in a row and make the Finals 4 out of 5 years.

Phil was away for that season and they didn't make the playoffs, Phil came back and they won 11 more games in the reg season and made the playoffs.

Again, Chi wasn't winning titles and neither were the Lakers w/o Phil. Phil almost got Chi to the conf Finals the year w/o Jordan in a series where Pippen sulked on the bench for one of the biggest plays in the series.

I already addressed that post.

The only dominat TRUE Center was Shaq to win a title. the other guys either weren't dominant or glorified power forwards. In the last 20 years or so only Hakeem, Shaq and Robinson have been truly dominant C's to win titles and Robinson won more b/c of duncan while Hakeem won b/c Jordan was out of basketball for a year and a half.

15.5 and 26 minutes per game isn't significant. Neither was his 5.9 and 11.6 FGA per game, and his terrible .417 and .428 shooting percentages. That season Phil was away was their first year without Shaq. They also got hit hard by injuries. Kobe, Odom, and the rest of the team were almost perfectly healthy the next year when Phil got back. Again, Chi wasn't winning titles because they didn't have Pippen to compliment Jordan, not because they didn't have Phil Jackson.

Do you know how to read? Who said anything about needing a dominant big man. I said you need a very good defensive anchor at center. That is more than evident by the facts I've provided. However, a dominant center is far more important than having 2 dominant wings. And who cares if Duncan, Gasol, KG, and Dirk are glorified PF's. They're damn good post scorers, which was my point. Having a go-to guy in the post whether it's a Center or a glorified PF as you put it to compliment a wing is far more important than having 2 wing players.

So thats your argument? That he had trouble beating a better coach? Took the Heat to the Eastern conference finals too..Like Chris Rock said he does not have to get us to the moutain top but at least get us to the playoffs...Get to the playoffs you got a chance.

he inherited a dynatsy in LA
he couldn't get to a Finals w/o Jordan being out of the game w/ the Knicks
He couldn't get to a Finals w/ all those high seeded Heat teams in the late 90s/early 00s despite being the favorites
he led the heat toa title when he took over midway through the season for a team everyone expected to win a title.

15.5 and 26 minutes per game isn't significant. Neither was his 5.9 and 11.6 FGA per game, and his terrible .417 and .428 shooting percentages. That season Phil was away was their first year without Shaq. They also got hit hard by injuries. Kobe, Odom, and the rest of the team were almost perfectly healthy the next year when Phil got back. Again, Chi wasn't winning titles because they didn't have Pippen to compliment Jordan, not because they didn't have Phil Jackson.

Do you know how to read? Who said anything about needing a dominant big man. I said you need a very good defensive anchor at center. That is more than evident by the facts I've provided. However, a dominant center is far more important than having 2 dominant wings. And who cares if Duncan, Gasol, KG, and Dirk are glorified PF's. They're damn good post scorers, which was my point. Having a go-to guy in the post whether it's a Center or a glorified PF as you put it to compliment a wing is far more important than having 2 wing players.

He was playing and getting better.

Chi was winning b/c of Michael #1 and Phil #2. Scottie was a nice complimentary piece.

Dirk is a dewfensive anchor at Center? Duncan was? KG? Gasol? These are PF's and none are known for their defense.

thats true...if you got a dominant center you are well on your way...but if you'll recall i tried to tell you that prior to this last draft bigs are premium thus demarcus cousins of kentucky would have been a great pick for your 6ers and you weren't biting then...yeah the kids got some maturity issues and all but he's got plus feet and a soft touch around the rim and those guys aren't found very often in the nba...bigs are premium when one comes in your wheelhouse that has plus tools you take a chance

and now the 6ers are looking for center help all over the place and so are you according to what i've read in your posts...

but i don't agree that dwight howard is a better player than lebron...you force howard to catch outside of 10 feet and he's a marginal offensive player...you force him to catch around the free throw line and he doesn't have the touch or arsenal to exploit you...you let him catch within condor wingspan of the rim and your in trouble

he inherited a dynatsy in LA
he couldn't get to a Finals w/o Jordan being out of the game w/ the Knicks
He couldn't get to a Finals w/ all those high seeded Heat teams in the late 90s/early 00s despite being the favorites
he led the heat toa title when he took over midway through the season for a team everyone expected to win a title.

He was playing and getting better.

Chi was winning b/c of Michael #1 and Phil #2. Scottie was a nice complimentary piece.

Dirk is a dewfensive anchor at Center? Duncan was? KG? Gasol? These are PF's and none are known for their defense.

Learn to read. I never said Dirk or Gasol were defensive anchors, I said they were great post scorers. Now Tyson Chandler, Brendan Haywood, and Erick Dampier were defensive anchors for the Mavs finals teams, and Bynum is a defensive anchor for the Gasol Finals teams. And if you honestly think KG and Duncan aren't known for defense, that tells me all I need to know. Tim Duncan is a 13x defensive 1st/2nd teamer and KG an 11x defensive 1st/2nd teamer and former DPOY.

And LOL if you think Phil wins all those championships without Pippen.

Back
Top Bottom