Official 76ers Thread | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

We can't beat good teams. We're beating alot of the good teams. We're keeping with the great teams. DiLeo has been great. Why is Reggie Evans playing 20 minutes a game? Because he's tough and a great rebounder. And the only real power forward we have on this team behind Speights. So before you go and say DiLeo sucks, care to remember how great we were playing before the all star break?

beat good teams? didnt they just lose to the magic last week and the hornets last night? how many times have they beat the or cavs or bos or orlando ..those r the top teams in the eats if they cant beat them then what..u tell me..beating the other crappy teams in the east dont mean a thing..evans hustles that is fine..is he gonan b part of the future? hell no..speights needs to b playing 20-30 mins not freakin evans and dileo does suck....how does evans play so much...this teams needs a true center next year and a shooting guard i am stil lconfused how green is still playing....

It's simple really. We can't get over the hump because we don't have anyone who can shoot the ball from outside consistently. Number one priority is to get a SG next year. A real SG. Number 2 would be to somehow get rid of Gummybert. It's time to give up on this guy. Forget his "potential". He'll always be what he is now--an inconsistent head case.

It's simple really. We can't get over the hump because we don't have anyone who can shoot the ball from outside consistently. Number one priority is to get a SG next year. A real SG. Number 2 would be to somehow get rid of Gummybert. It's time to give up on this guy. Forget his "potential". He'll always be what he is now--an inconsistent head case.

i have no ideal why king gave him that big contract a few years back...:rolleyes2:

beat good teams? didnt they just lose to the magic last week and the hornets last night? how many times have they beat the or cavs or bos or orlando ..those r the top teams in the eats if they cant beat them then what..u tell me..beating the other crappy teams in the east dont mean a thing..evans hustles that is fine..is he gonan b part of the future? hell no..speights needs to b playing 20-30 mins not freakin evans and dileo does suck....how does evans play so much...this teams needs a true center next year and a shooting guard i am stil lconfused how green is still playing....
We we're beating the magic through 3 quarters. That hornet's game remained close the whole game. So I find it hard to believe we can't beat any good teams. Speights and Evans are both getting fairly even playing time. You have to remember, they play different positions. Evans the 4 and Speights the 5. I'm not going to complain because Speights is at least getting more playing time that Sammy. As for Green, him and Lou Williams are getting equal playing time, which i think is fair. As for a true Center, I think we have one in Speights. We need an upgrade at SG. We need shooters more than anything. We needed shooters the 1st week of the season, and we need shooters now.

Well, not much going on in Sixers land, so I figured I'd ask the Sixers fans on this board a question. We all know the Elton Brand deal hasn't gone as planned, but what are your thoughts on the huge contract we gave Iguodala. He struggled at the 2 earlier in the year, but since he's been put back at the 3, he has been playing lights out, averaging over 20 points a game. I am happy with the signing. Iguodala can certainly do with a better perimeter shot but I'm not complaining because he has been hitting jumpers as of late. Aside from Iggy being a great slasher, he is a great rebounder at the 3, a good passer, and of course, one of the best defenders in the league. I wasn't too happy at the beginning of the year, but since Iggy has been put back at the 3, I'm glad we locked him up to a nice, long term deal. He will only get better when we have a reliable shooter or 2 on this team.

Well, not much going on in Sixers land, so I figured I'd ask the Sixers fans on this board a question. We all know the Elton Brand deal hasn't gone as planned, but what are your thoughts on the huge contract we gave Iguodala. He struggled at the 2 earlier in the year, but since he's been put back at the 3, he has been playing lights out, averaging over 20 points a game. I am happy with the signing. Iguodala can certainly do with a better perimeter shot but I'm not complaining because he has been hitting jumpers as of late. Aside from Iggy being a great slasher, he is a great rebounder at the 3, a good passer, and of course, one of the best defenders in the league. I wasn't too happy at the beginning of the year, but since Iggy has been put back at the 3, I'm glad we locked him up to a nice, long term deal. He will only get better when we have a reliable shooter or 2 on this team.

I'm OK with the Iggy signing. He is overpaid, but it is OK to overpay a bit sometimes. He is a dynamic player and good guy. He's also only 25 I believe.

As for the loss last night to Okla., just pathetic. Getting blown out by a bad team without their two best players is shameful. This is on DeLeo, who I am not sold on.

Gummybert again failed to show up. Something drastic needs to be done in an effort to kick start this team. I again say start Williams at the 2. Speights needs a lot more time than he is currently getting. I don't know if he can play center, but if there is any chance that he can, then start him as well.

I'm OK with the Iggy signing. He is overpaid, but it is OK to overpay a bit sometimes. He is a dynamic player and good guy. He's also only 25 I believe.

As for the loss last night to Okla., just pathetic. Getting blown out by a bad team without their two best players is shameful. This is on DeLeo, who I am not sold on.

Gummybert again failed to show up. Something drastic needs to be done in an effort to kick start this team. I again say start Williams at the 2. Speights needs a lot more time than he is currently getting. I don't know if he can play center, but if there is any chance that he can, then start him as well.
Gummybert failed to show up? I'm suprised! :lol: I agree with Williams starting at the 2. But I don't think it will happen. Williams and Speights are best freinds. So when they both come in off the bench, that chemistry helps alot. I certainly don't mind the energy they bring off the bench, that's something every team could use. Speights won't start this year, for similar reasons as stated before. But I wouldn't be surpised one bit to see one or both of them start next year. Also wouldn't be surpised to see Dalembert being shopped in the offseason. Going to be intersting to see how the Brand situation plays out. I only hope that Elton Brand starts to play the way he has is whole career. Then perhaps maybe he will have some trade value to get a nice Guard. Big mistake taking him over Josh Smith.

As for Iggy. We might have overpayed a bit, but I don't mind. He's young and has the talent to be one of the best in the league.

Gummybert failed to show up? I'm suprised! :lol: I agree with Williams starting at the 2. But I don't think it will happen. Williams and Speights are best freinds. So when they both come in off the bench, that chemistry helps alot. I certainly don't mind the energy they bring off the bench, that's something every team could use. Speights won't start this year, for similar reasons as stated before. But I wouldn't be surpised one bit to see one or both of them start next year. Also wouldn't be surpised to see Dalembert being shopped in the offseason. Going to be intersting to see how the Brand situation plays out. I only hope that Elton Brand starts to play the way he has is whole career. Then perhaps maybe he will have some trade value to get a nice Guard. Big mistake taking him over Josh Smith.

As for Iggy. We might have overpayed a bit, but I don't mind. He's young and has the talent to be one of the best in the league.

Coming off the bench is fine. My major point was that these two guys need to get at least 30+ minutes IMO.

Coming off the bench is fine. My major point was that these two guys need to get at least 30+ minutes IMO.
Both are getting 20+ minutes a game, so I can't complain. However, I wouldn't be mad at all to see Speights take over Dalembert's spot, and Williams taking Green's spot. Both Green and Sammy are decent, but much more suited as bench players.

Both are getting 20+ minutes a game, so I can't complain. However, I wouldn't be mad at all to see Speights take over Dalembert's spot, and Williams taking Green's spot. Both Green and Sammy are decent, but much more suited as bench players.

Sammy is only good as a ball boy...

Sixers play the last game ever at the Spectrum tonight.

Kind of lame,

They won the game but the festivities on tv were meh.....

They had of course the Doctor in the house, but many of the great Sixers of the past weren't there for the ceremony. Maurice Cheeks, Andrew Toney, Charles Barkley, The Kangaroo Kid Billy Cunningham. It was good seeing Bobby Jones and Chocolate Thunder Daryl Dawkins, but i would have loved to see Sir Charles or Mo too.

At least it sold out though, tickets were available like crazy until the day of. Sixers just don't draw, nobody cares.

Talk about a great shot last night by Iggy to beat the Lakers. The Lakers imo are the best team in the nba, and to get a win there on the road is great for this team. On a side note, Donyell Marshall is still a baller. He's been given huge roles twice this season, last night and the game before against the heat. Both times he has come through. Sammy has been playing great as of late, being a sure rebounder and nice presence in the paint defensively. Young has been on top of his game as of late as well. Good to see. If this team is on top of their game, they can beat anybody. Hopefully they keep playing great. They're looking at a 6 seed right now, but are only 1.5 games behind the heat for the 5 seed. I know we can beat the Hawks, and I'm confident we can beat the Magic. Lost to the magic once on a buzzer beater by Lewis, and then gave up a 4th quarter lead in another game. Tough stretch of games to be played on the West Coast. This is a good oppurtunity to get a feel of if this team has what it takes or not, and last night was a good start.

Talk about a great shot last night by Iggy to beat the Lakers. The Lakers imo are the best team in the nba, and to get a win there on the road is great for this team. On a side note, Donyell Marshall is still a baller. He's been given huge roles twice this season, last night and the game before against the heat. Both times he has come through. Sammy has been playing great as of late, being a sure rebounder and nice presence in the paint defensively. Young has been on top of his game as of late as well. Good to see. If this team is on top of their game, they can beat anybody. Hopefully they keep playing great. They're looking at a 6 seed right now, but are only 1.5 games behind the heat for the 5 seed. I know we can beat the Hawks, and I'm confident we can beat the Magic. Lost to the magic once on a buzzer beater by Lewis, and then gave up a 4th quarter lead in another game. Tough stretch of games to be played on the West Coast. This is a good oppurtunity to get a feel of if this team has what it takes or not, and last night was a good start.

The Magic will easily handle Philly should they meet. Records and the season don't lie. There is a reason Orlando has won 15 more games and are 3-0 vs. the Sixers. Any prayer of getting out of the 1st round mandates the 5th spot.

Was a nice win last night. Always good to beat L.A. in L.A., and maybe this will give them some momentum.

The Magic will easily handle Philly should they meet. Records and the season don't lie. There is a reason Orlando has won 15 more games and are 3-0 vs. the Sixers. Any prayer of getting out of the 1st round mandates the 5th spot.

Was a nice win last night. Always good to beat L.A. in L.A., and maybe this will give them some momentum.
Your right, the season doesn't lie. It took the Magic a 3 point buzzer beater from Rashard Lewis and a 4th quarter comeback to win 2 of the 3 games. So how you come to the conclusion we have no chance is beyond me

Back
Top Bottom