Official 76ers Thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

Yeah, good synopsis and maybe you're right, but I just don't know about Brand at 5. Worth a try though.

Agree about Lou get a starting shot. Why not? He confidence may skyrocket if he gets consistent minutes every night, say 30 plus a game. Maybe they know something we don't.

As for Speights, I'm telling you this guy will be an absolute stud if he has a head on his shoulders.
I agree. Speights is going to be great for years. Cannot wait until he starts getting lots of minutes.

Wow. Iguodala has some great dunks in his career, but that oop on Yao Ming might just be the greatest dunk he's ever had. Just wow. Great to see Elton Brand beasting. And I do mean beasting. 14 points, 7 boards, and 6 blocks in over 25 minutes of play. Incredible post defense. Dalembert with 13 boards, 3 steals and 4 blocks. Sammy has been playing pretty good as of late. Iggy with another 20 point performance. One of my favorite things of this game has to be Brand getting involved a little on fast breaks. Had a nice fast break dunk. His 6 blocks is tremendous. I'm so happy to have his defense back, if nothing else.

From Chad Ford:

...from what my sources around the league are saying, Brand is available. The question is, given how poorly he's played this year and his huge contract, does anyone want him?

Personally I think Ford just made that up.....but rumors are always fun.

I too think that is made up. I like Brand, but wouldn't be opposed to a trade with the emergence of Speights. But I doubt he's even available.

I would love to see Brand go...he isn't a good fit for this team..once again is looks like sixers management screwed up again and brought in a power forward who is all but washed up..atleast this time no 1 is gonna scream at billy king

I would love to see Brand go...he isn't a good fit for this team..once again is looks like sixers management screwed up again and brought in a power forward who is all but washed up..atleast this time no 1 is gonna scream at billy king
Washed up? How do you figure? Because he was double teamed every time he touched the ball this year? Because of an unfortunate injury? Please, explain.

Washed up? How do you figure? Because he was double teamed every time he touched the ball this year? Because of an unfortunate injury? Please, explain.

Since he came here he has looked a little slower then usual. This to be successfull is a up-tempo team. This doesn't bold well for him. I rather have Speights play 35 plus mins a night then see him out there, he got hurt once this year..just a matter of time before it happens again.

Since he came here he has looked a little slower then usual. This to be successfull is a up-tempo team. This doesn't bold well for him. I rather have Speights play 35 plus mins a night then see him out there, he got hurt once this year..just a matter of time before it happens again.
He got hurt for going up for a block and landed on someone, before falling straight on his shoulder. Freak injury, not a recurring one.

Last night's Sixers were horrible. I think Brand was an $80 million mistake.

Last night's Sixers were horrible. I think Brand was an $80 million mistake.
Yes they were. Missed the last 18 shots of the game. Can't wait until the Celtics game next week though. I want to see how we stack up against one of the best teams in the league.

Brand is hurt again ..shoulder problems..listed as day to day..This si good now Speights will get even more time, I am not sure why Evans is playing as much as he is..the future is now, play the young guys...

He is done for the year...i saw it on espn that brand is out for year...oh well is there anyway that the team can buy him out maybe ? We have no lucks with power forwards 1st webber now brand

Wow, what a bust this guy has turned out to be. Nice job Stefanski. No, Brand getting injured isn't his fault. However, what is his fault is signing an aging guy coming off an injury plagued year for $80 mill who doesn't fit well with the young players the Sixers have.

At least now Speights will get more time. He needs to get 30 minutes a game at least.

We better hope Speights, Young, Williams and Iggy are enough to do some damage in the future, because the team will be handcuffed a bit with the Brand albatross around it's neck.

Well....Considering how much better the Sixers have looked without Brand this season, it might be a necessary evil to have him be out for the season if this team wants any chance at advancing in the playoffs. But i'm still not sold on Brand being a bust, i don't think it's "he can't fit in with this team" but more "he hasn't fit in with this team yet".

Back
Top Bottom