Official 76ers Thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

DiLeo doesn't have 9 international championships for nothing. He's simply a great coach. As for Brand, I can't wait to see him come back. I'm starting to to think all this talk about Brand at the 5 could be true. He may only be 6'8", but he has long arms and his defense and rebounding is excellent. If Brand plays the 5, then our fast break offense won't change. Young will still play the 4. The thing I like the most about brand at the 5, it opens up many more options than are available with Sammy in half court sets. So if Brand can play the 5, I am all for it, will only help this team out more. As for Young, he's a beast. i didn't think he'd amount to much at PF, but I was wrong. Having such fast, talented slasher who can also hit the outside shot at the 4 spot, is such a big mismatch for most teams in this league. It almost guarantees that you have to play a zone, which then opens up alot of things.

The other thing I would love to see is Lou getting the starting spot at SG over Green. I love Silly Willy but Lou's speed and talent would be a great asset to have. Doesn't really matter all too much anyways though considering Lou gets alot of playing time, almost as much as Miller.

for now i like lou coming off the bench and bringing some energy...also bench points is always a big factor...green only plays about 20 mins a'ways....brand at the 5 is not a bad option, a'thing or a'body has got 2 be better then sammy..i cant stomach him anymore

for now i like lou coming off the bench and bringing some energy...also bench points is always a big factor...green only plays about 20 mins a'ways....brand at the 5 is not a bad option, a'thing or a'body has got 2 be better then sammy..i cant stomach him anymore
I agree. Brand might only be 6'8" but his very long arms and great awareness could make him a great Center for us.

Well there went the winning streak... Great game, but why the **** was Reggie "Worthless" Evans guarding Dirk? Should've seen that buzzer beater coming... Would've been nice to have Brand back, we could of used his defense badly there.

just read in the ny post peter vecsey column that he said michael redd isnt going anywhere..an offical said all the trade offersr garbage and they r not really looking to move him anyways...

just read in the ny post peter vecsey column that he said michael redd isnt going anywhere..an offical said all the trade offersr garbage and they r not really looking to move him anyways...
That's too bad. Still lots of other options available though thankfully. Willie Green is just too inconsistent to be a starter, so I hope we can find someone to replace him.

Great game last night. That makes 8 of 9 games. Brand is back! 3-4 shooting for 6 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 blocks in 13 and a half minutes. Dalembert was outstanding with 10 points, 17 boards, and 3 blocks. Iggy still beasting, leading the team with 24 points to go with 7 boards and 6 assists. Young with 17 and Miller with 21. Green had a solid game with 14. I'd like to mention Royal Ivey as well. He's been pretty solid off the bench this year. And I'm real impressed with his defense.

And of course a huge yipeeeeeee to be yelled out. Reggie Evans has finally found his way onto the inactives list! it is about damn time...

u can really forget about..it is being reported michael redd is out for the yera with a torn laborn or sthing..adios

Oooooooh, Brand is back. Who cares? This guy is Webber 2.0. Whenever you play better without your 70 million dollar man, you know the signing sucks.

We will once again finish around .500, (only because the depth in the East is pathetic) and be fodder in the playoffs for Celts, Cavs et al.

This may sound radical, but how about getting rid of Gummybert for a guy who can shoot and letting Brand and Speights handle the middle?

In any case I'd like to see Speights get more time anyway. This kid has all the tools and hopefully he has the head as well.

Oooooooh, Brand is back. Who cares? This guy is Webber 2.0. Whenever you play better without your 70 million dollar man, you know the signing sucks.

We will once again finish around .500, (only because the depth in the East is pathetic) and be fodder in the playoffs for Celts, Cavs et al.

This may sound radical, but how about getting rid of Gummybert for a guy who can shoot and letting Brand and Speights handle the middle?

In any case I'd like to see Speights get more time anyway. This kid has all the tools and hopefully he has the head as well.
:rolleyes2:

Do you realize we played bad the first few games we lost Brand? It was when Iggy was put back at his original position that things started to click.

:rolleyes2:

Do you realize we played bad the first few games we lost Brand? It was when Iggy was put back at his original position that things started to click.

Fine. Defend a guy who makes $70 million and whose team has a better record without him than with him. You seem not to be looking at simple facts. That's fine, you're a fan of the team and hope for the best. As do I.

As for your Iggy statement, indeed he has played better since Brand left. Is that your argument supporting Brand?

When Brand does comeback, Iggy needs to stay at 3 and they need to bring Young off the bench who can get some time playing both 3 and 4.

Fine. Defend a guy who makes $70 million and whose team has a better record without him than with him. You seem not to be looking at simple facts. That's fine, you're a fan of the team and hope for the best. As do I.

As for your Iggy statement, indeed he has played better since Brand left. Is that your argument supporting Brand?

When Brand does comeback, Iggy needs to stay at 3 and they need to bring Young off the bench who can get some time playing both 3 and 4.

Actually, that's my argument stating that Iggy is not a SG and should remain the 3 as you said. As for Young coming in off the bench, I'd have to disagree. Keep him at the 4, and try Brand at the 5. Young at the 4 is a big reason to our success. He's more athletic than 95% of PF's in this league, and that can cause alot of matchup problems. Not to mention, he's key to our fast paced, fastbreak offense. I certainly think brand has what it takes to play the 5. His instincts and long arms makes up for his height. I also want to see Lou Williams get the starting nod at SG. Green plays with heart, but he's a great SG off the bench, not so much a good starter. I also want to see Speights get alot more playing time and Reggie Evans to remain where he belongs, the inactive list. Would be great to find someone desperate enough to make a trade for Sammy. He has talent, but he's been a huge underachiever his whole career. We need a solid 2 guard.

Actually, that's my argument stating that Iggy is not a SG and should remain the 3 as you said. As for Young coming in off the bench, I'd have to disagree. Keep him at the 4, and try Brand at the 5. Young at the 4 is a big reason to our success. He's more athletic than 95% of PF's in this league, and that can cause alot of matchup problems. Not to mention, he's key to our fast paced, fastbreak offense. I certainly think brand has what it takes to play the 5. His instincts and long arms makes up for his height. I also want to see Lou Williams get the starting nod at SG. Green plays with heart, but he's a great SG off the bench, not so much a good starter. I also want to see Speights get alot more playing time and Reggie Evans to remain where he belongs, the inactive list. Would be great to find someone desperate enough to make a trade for Sammy. He has talent, but he's been a huge underachiever his whole career. We need a solid 2 guard.

Yeah, good synopsis and maybe you're right, but I just don't know about Brand at 5. Worth a try though.

Agree about Lou get a starting shot. Why not? He confidence may skyrocket if he gets consistent minutes every night, say 30 plus a game. Maybe they know something we don't.

As for Speights, I'm telling you this guy will be an absolute stud if he has a head on his shoulders.

Back
Top Bottom