Official 76ers Thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

they need to lose not win..its to late now...i dont want them getting that 6,7 or 8 seed..whats the purpose behind that...they wont beat either orlando,cavs or boston..lose and try and get a good pick in the lottery

they need to lose not win..its to late now...i dont want them getting that 6,7 or 8 seed..whats the purpose behind that...they wont beat either orlando,cavs or boston..lose and try and get a good pick in the lottery

The lottery isn't exactly a quick fix. I still don't think the Sixers have played their best Basketball. I hate to be such a homer, but if Elton Brand comes back healthy and the team finds a way to start clicking with him. Especially Miller and Iguodala. Maybe the Sixers can beat Boston, Cleveland or Orlando? Isn't that what people expected of them when they signed Brand anyway?

I want to make the playoffs......

The lottery isn't exactly a quick fix. I still don't think the Sixers have played their best Basketball. I hate to be such a homer, but if Elton Brand comes back healthy and the team finds a way to start clicking with him. Especially Miller and Iguodala. Maybe the Sixers can beat Boston, Cleveland or Orlando? Isn't that what people expected of them when they signed Brand anyway?

even when the had brand earlier this yr they werent beating those teams...w/out they r better..trust me im not sure they just r...as far as making the playoffs it is a pipe dream..this is not the ncaa tourney, their r upsets in nba basketball but i dont expect the 76ers to upset any 1..they had the pistons at 2-2 and didnt even show up the last 2 games...no playoffs..and yeah the lottery means nothing, but come on i rather have a chance to get a good player earlier in the draft then say later

Definitely agree. Lottery isn't a quick fix. We didn't go through the lottery to get Lou Williams, who was selected in the 2nd round. Or Speights and Young at 12th and 16th overall. Losing on purpose is a bum move imo. With Iggy back at his original position, Small Forward, and Andre Miller playing lights out. Getting Brand back certainly won't hurt. Move Thad back to the bench will be big. Every great team has a great bench. Lou Williams, Thad Young, and Speights is a great bench. Hell, even Theo Ratliff is still good depth the way he's still blocking shots... I too think our best basketball has yet to come. We beat a very good team in the Hawks last night, pretty handily. 4 straight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Elton Brand is progressing nicely on his shoulder injury. he says his shoulder feels fine in Full Contact practice. He's now listed day to day and could be back soon.

Looks like Elton Brand is progressing nicely on his shoulder injury. he says his shoulder feels fine in Full Contact practice. He's now listed day to day and could be back soon.

:( if he comes back and they start losing again..watch out how the fans turn on him asap

5 in a row and Brand due back soon!

But the schedule is about to get pretty tough, some of the best teams in the west are visiting Philadelphia.

5 in a row and Brand due back soon!

But the schedule is about to get pretty tough, some of the best teams in the west are visiting Philadelphia.
After last night's game, I'm not as worried as I would've been say 2 or 3 weeks ago. That beating of Portland was nasty. I really like what DiLeo is doing. He's preaching defense, defense, defense. Defense wins championships. Defense is the key to our offense, the fastbreak. Going to be an interesting couple weeks coming up with Brand being worked back into the lineup, and some tough games on the schedule. But like I said, 76ers are rolling right now. Even Dalembert and Evans are playing decent... Iggy is playing like a man possessed. Andre Miller, is simply not Andre Miller... 6-7 from 3 point range in the last 5 games? Wtf? Speights is a monster, on Defense and Offense. Young is a stud. And the best part of it is... We're hitting our 3's for once. And free throws.

what in the world is going on...1st the blazers now the spurs..they do this every season, start slow then go nuts halfway through the season..to little to late imho

what in the world is going on...1st the blazers now the spurs..they do this every season, start slow then go nuts halfway through the season..to little to late imho
Too little too late? :sidelol: You do realize we're only halfway through the season right? At this rate, who can't we beat? I really do hope your still not interested in giving up hope for the season and playing for a spot in the lottery... Ludicrous idea to begin with imo.

Iguodala needs to be arrested and booked on charges of murder... Not 1 but 2 crazy buzzer beaters? Never, ever try him at SG again. We put him back at SF and now all of a sudden he's the best thing since sliced bread :d-day: Thad Young is a beast. Miller is a top PG in this league. Speights is one of the best young big men in the league. Lou Williams is a stud. That 3rd buzzer beater by him was just adding insult to injury. God, that game almost brings tears to my eyes :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and I forgot, forget all the coaching options mentioned for the Philly job, keep DiLeo for God's sake. He's not known as the "Phil Jackson of Europe" for nothing. Guy can flat out coach. He has this team playing top notch defense, which in return, sparks the fast break. That's what I've been wanting to see out of this team. Teams get scared of your slashing ability, and that opens up the open 3's, which we're hitting now.

Win number 7 in a row and yes they r playing great..it just doesnt make sense to me why it takes half way thru the season for this team to finally play good...miller is not getting traded anytime soon with all these wins now, thats for sure...williams and spieghts and young make a great young nucleus for this team..so hopefully they can keep going

Win number 7 in a row and yes they r playing great..it just doesnt make sense to me why it takes half way thru the season for this team to finally play good...miller is not getting traded anytime soon with all these wins now, thats for sure...williams and spieghts and young make a great young nucleus for this team..so hopefully they can keep going
Because Iggy isn't a Shooting Guard... And DiLeo can actually coach. Miller probably won't be gone, but then again I'm kind of hoping he won't. He's one one of my favorite players and one of the most underrated PG's of all time. Not only do I hope he stays this year, but I hope we sign him to a 2 year deal or so. Miller has got to be one of the smartest players in the league. Also I never thought I would say this, but Dalembert is a little underrated. He's not worth the huge contract he was given, but he's still a good Center. His post defense is very good, and I love the way he swings the ball to the outlet guys for the fastbreak. Most Centers in this league hand it to a guard, he passes it out to the guys orchestrating a fastbreak. Very good awareness on his part.

Also, there has been talk about Brand possibly playing at the 5. Not sure how true they are. Brand is only 6'8", but he has the long arms, strength, and awareness to play the 5. Not sure how I feel about the idea. I'd prefer Speights at the 5, but DiLeo seems to want to keep Young on the starting lineup without putting Iggy back at SG.

Because Iggy isn't a Shooting Guard... And DiLeo can actually coach. Miller probably won't be gone, but then again I'm kind of hoping he won't. He's one one of my favorite players and one of the most underrated PG's of all time. Not only do I hope he stays this year, but I hope we sign him to a 2 year deal or so. Miller has got to be one of the smartest players in the league. Also I never thought I would say this, but Dalembert is a little underrated. He's not worth the huge contract he was given, but he's still a good Center. His post defense is very good, and I love the way he swings the ball to the outlet guys for the fastbreak. Most Centers in this league hand it to a guard, he passes it out to the guys orchestrating a fastbreak. Very good awareness on his part.

Also, there has been talk about Brand possibly playing at the 5. Not sure how true they are. Brand is only 6'8", but he has the long arms, strength, and awareness to play the 5. Not sure how I feel about the idea. I'd prefer Speights at the 5, but DiLeo seems to want to keep Young on the starting lineup without putting Iggy back at SG.

Young is on fire..he is playing like a man possessed...knicks broadcaster said last night when he sees young he acts like a guy who just had 6 red bulls lol love his energy as i love speights who is just great and only gonna get better...cant wait til he starts maybe next year who knows..im tellung u every 1 says the sixers need brand im not so sure....they r playing much better w/out him and hopes he doesnt screw up this winning streak and chemistry...iggy is so much better when he is on a fast break..if u dont him on a team that plays half court he is in trouble...last night in the pre game show on msg one i forget his name 76er radio announcer said that Dileo is much more organized as a coach..maybe he doesnt have many set plays and they can run more..another thing that i noitced they r not only beating good teams they r blowing them away..good stuff hopefully they can keep it going

DiLeo doesn't have 9 international championships for nothing. He's simply a great coach. As for Brand, I can't wait to see him come back. I'm starting to to think all this talk about Brand at the 5 could be true. He may only be 6'8", but he has long arms and his defense and rebounding is excellent. If Brand plays the 5, then our fast break offense won't change. Young will still play the 4. The thing I like the most about brand at the 5, it opens up many more options than are available with Sammy in half court sets. So if Brand can play the 5, I am all for it, will only help this team out more. As for Young, he's a beast. i didn't think he'd amount to much at PF, but I was wrong. Having such fast, talented slasher who can also hit the outside shot at the 4 spot, is such a big mismatch for most teams in this league. It almost guarantees that you have to play a zone, which then opens up alot of things.

The other thing I would love to see is Lou getting the starting spot at SG over Green. I love Silly Willy but Lou's speed and talent would be a great asset to have. Doesn't really matter all too much anyways though considering Lou gets alot of playing time, almost as much as Miller.

Back
Top Bottom