Official 76ers Thread | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

If eddie boy wants to save his job he will stay away from collins...i dont like the guy, get me avery johnson any day of the week. collins isnt the right guy for this job, i am telling u the fans will eat him up and spit him out like jordan

Comparing Collins to Jordan is an insult. Collins is worlds better than Jordan, and much better than Johnson. If Eddie boy wants to save his job, he should hire Collins as soon as possible. This is Ed's last chance. He needs wins to keep his job, and Collins gives him the best chance of doing so with a young team. Collins is a great defensive coach, and a master of details. Collins has proven to take two bad teams, and made them contenders in ONE year. All Johnson has done is taken a team that won 50+ games 5 straight seasons, and continued in Don Nelsons footsteps of failing to win a title. There's no question who the better coach is. There's no question who's more proven. And there's no question who's better for rebuilding and getting this team out the gutter. Not to mention Avery Johnson has 3 teams ahead of us. This job is down to two people, and two people only. Collins and Mitchell with an outside shot of Dwayne Casey and Avery Johnson.

I'd go for a fresh new face.....but then again I'd blow the whole thing up, and that's not possible until the gm that created the mess is fired. Managers do hate to admit failure.

I don't get the point in continuing down the same path. The sixers aren't going to be transformed into the '04 Pistons by a coach, not even Larry Brown. Lets say everything works out.....a new coach brings a defensive identity, the young guys improve, and the lotto pick is a success. Is this a contending team?

I'd go for a fresh new face.....but then again I'd blow the whole thing up, and that's not possible until the gm that created the mess is fired. Managers do hate to admit failure.

I don't get the point in continuing down the same path. The sixers aren't going to be transformed into the '04 Pistons by a coach, not even Larry Brown. Lets say everything works out.....a new coach brings a defensive identity, the young guys improve, and the lotto pick is a success. Is this a contending team?

Nope not anytime soon. That is why hiring someone with a new face IE Majerle or Laimbeer, might be the best way to go. I still like the ideal of Johnson improving this team over time, but it is gonna take atleast 2 maybe 3 years to get this team into the right direction. The only thing that could change that is unless the sixers get the 1 or 2 draft pick on tues night. Lets pray for it!

It is not a contending team, but it has pieces to build on. There are some people that need to go and some that need to be added. IMO they need a new owner for this reason. Snider is a hockey guy who doesn't give a darn about the Sixers. If they add key free agents and draft well over the next few years, this can be an upcoming team.

You can't rebuild when you're nearing the luxury tax. Nobody is trading for Brand, and we'd be lucky to get good value for Iggy. We need to hope our lotto pick works out, our coach preaches defense and develops our young players (which is a given with Collins), we make use of our expirings, trade Iggy if possible.

You can't rebuild when you're nearing the luxury tax. Nobody is trading for Brand, and we'd be lucky to get good value for Iggy. We need to hope our lotto pick works out, our coach preaches defense and develops our young players (which is a given with Collins), we make use of our expirings, trade Iggy if possible.

I know the Sixers can't sign anyone with the luxury tax. If they bring in Collins I am confident that he can develop our young players. If their lotto pick works out I'll be thrilled. After some of these bloated contracts expire, maybe the Sixers can really start over and try to improve from there.

I know the Sixers can't sign anyone with the luxury tax. If they bring in Collins I am confident that he can develop our young players. If their lotto pick works out I'll be thrilled. After some of these bloated contracts expire, maybe the Sixers can really start over and try to improve from there.

I wouldn't be shocked if Iggy is traded over the summer either. Whether it's for expirings/prospects or another high salary who fits this team better, I'd be happy with either.

after the top 3 picks or so in this draft the draft is horrid...i mean ed davis is considered a lotto pick and in the nba he'll be another undersized forward without the proven ability to hit the 15 to 20 footer...

undersized forwards without the ability to play off the dribble who can't hit the uncontested 15 to 20 footer in the nba are bench fodder...ed davis is a pf in the nba??? an impact pf??? i don't see it...and not athletic enough to even consider the small forward...would get killed off the dribble

there's a lot of guys who will get drafted high in this draft who are no where near nba ready...should stay in school...easily one of the worst drafts in recent years imo outside the top 3 or so...

It is not a contending team, but it has pieces to build on. There are some people that need to go and some that need to be added. IMO they need a new owner for this reason. Snider is a hockey guy who doesn't give a darn about the Sixers. If they add key free agents and draft well over the next few years, this can be an upcoming team.

i agree w u, the peices r there to build a winning team but it is going to take a good coach to mesh all this talent together. Another thing , u r right about Snider , who could care less about the sixers but what else cna u do..we need pat croce back again

I wouldn't be shocked if Iggy is traded over the summer either. Whether it's for expirings/prospects or another high salary who fits this team better, I'd be happy with either.
I wouldn't be suprised if they traded him either. I just want this team to pick a team direction and go with it. I am tired of this team just being on the outside of the playoffs with the seven or eight seed. They need to start with the young talent they have and will get in the draft and go from there.

iggy needs to go no matter who they draft..young needs to be starting at the 3 and we all know iggy is not a 2

as for iggy you guys should trade him if you can get close to fair value...elton brand is nowhere near the same player as a few years ago and borderline done as an impact nba player...

iggys a volume scorer anyways...like a lot of these nba players...more athlete than pure scorer

i agree w u, the peices r there to build a winning team but it is going to take a good coach to mesh all this talent together. Another thing , u r right about Snider , who could care less about the sixers but what else cna u do..we need pat croce back again

I know they need a basketball owner not a hockey buff who owns a basketball team. Besides what can we do?

after the top 3 picks or so in this draft the draft is horrid...i mean ed davis is considered a lotto pick and in the nba he'll be another undersized forward without the proven ability to hit the 15 to 20 footer...

undersized forwards without the ability to play off the dribble who can't hit the uncontested 15 to 20 footer in the nba are bench fodder...ed davis is a pf in the nba??? an impact pf??? i don't see it...and not athletic enough to even consider the small forward...would get killed off the dribble

there's a lot of guys who will get drafted high in this draft who are no where near nba ready...should stay in school...easily one of the worst drafts in recent years imo outside the top 3 or so...

I disagree w/ u to a certain extent. I happen to think Favors from Tech and Wes Johnson (cuse) are gonna be studs. I think Davis is gonna be good. Yes he might be a tad undersized but he will be a good player. Another one I think w/ tons of potential is Henry from Kansas. Maybe u r right in saying that some players won't be an impact immediately but with time Davis and Henry are going to be good players. If 76ers stay in that top 6 they will be fine, heck if they are even in the top 3, they r set. Cousins would be great to get.

I agree his is a draft that is pretty weak overall. I'm disappointed, the year the Sixers have a great draft position the draft class is weak overall.

Back
Top Bottom