Official Championship Sunday Thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Championship Sunday Thread

"Tell them to have fun at the Pro Bowl. Arrogant f–kers.” -TSizzle

So Wes Welker has now blown a Super Bowl and AFCCG for the Patriots. Will we stop hearing about that trade now?

I think the Ravens deserve more credit than the Patriots deserve blame. That defense really stepped it up, they were batting passes and just providing lots of pressure. Though if there's anyone to blame on the Patriots it's Gronkowski. This guy is incapable of staying healthy it's ridiculous, won't shock me if they try to trade him for a first and second round pick and then draft another tight end (Ertz, Eifert?).

The issue though is that he's such a great combo tight end when healthy. But jeez he's such a let down when it's time for championship games.

Atlanta was begging to be exposed all season. They ran the ball only 378 times during the regular season, which is insane for a team that won 13 games. Many of the playoff teams had 100 or more rushes than Atlanta did. And the tinkerbell strategy was properly rewarded in the two playoff games. Blowing a huge lead is a residue of not running the ball. It's ridiculous to end up with only 23 rushes in a home game that you led 17-0 at one point, and didn't trail until midway through the 4th quarter.

Matt Ryan had by far his highest completion percentage this season but from the outset it was substituting short passes for runs. I'm thrilled they didn't get away with it, although all the narrow wins during the regular season were maddening, notably against Carolina the first time, an out and out fluke.

New England had poor passing net this season but the rushes were very high, almost too high. I think a team with that style and caliber of quarterback should be in the 445-465 range, not second in the league (to Seattle) at 523.

Here is the breakdown of team rushes. You'll notice Atlanta was 256th, lounging around with some of the bottom dwellers of the league:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/statistics/team/rushing/sort/rushing_attempts/2012

This has to be one of the best SB match ups in recent memory.

I know that the Ravens will be up for a smack-you-in-the-mouth kind of game, but I'm not sure they'll be able to handle all of SF's speed. Between Kapernick, James, and Davis, you have a lot to worry about on that Spread/Option - not to mention Crabtree, who has really emerged, and Gore. If the Ravens take early control of the game, I don't expect them to crumble like the Falcons, but I think the Ravens have to come out strong and take advantage of the moment. Once nerves settle, San Francisco just looks like the better team. And I'm done waiting for Kaepernick to choke.

I loved the way Baltimore played that game. Never a hint of doubt or fear. Not willing to let the Patriots offense dictate the game. Watching the Patriots slowly destruct as the realization dawned on them that Baltimore could easily absorb their soft jabs and then respond with a crushing hook was a joy. The only downside to watching that game is the realization of where our Dolphins are right now. We looked nothing like Baltimore in our trip to Foxboro. We oozed fear throughout the game. Playing a game like Baltimore played takes more than a draft or a few FA signings. It takes time and likely bitter playoff defeats. The team has to be forged in fire

Super Bowl!

ray-1.gif

Deal with it.

clear.gif

I don't usually back up criminals, but when I do it's in the SuperBowl!
I'm hoping Ray Lewis will knock those pubes right off Kapernick's chin!

If SF gets ahead early, it might get ugly, but if Ravens D can keep things in check like they did against the patsys, then we are in for a great game!

I don't usually back up criminals, but when I do it's in the SuperBowl!
I'm hoping Ray Lewis will knock those pubes right off Kapernick's chin!

If SF gets ahead early, it might get ugly, but if Ravens D can keep things in check like they did against the patsys, then we are in for a great game!

I would bet good money that every single person posting in this thread has crimed at least once in their life.

Back
Top Bottom