*** OFFICIAL FALCONS @ DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Week 3 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL FALCONS @ DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Week 3

We were off Thursday (they weren't). We're fresher, we're better.. We win.

ps- by the end of the season multiple teams are going to copy us with Thursday's off.

Joe Philbin = innovator not an imitator. (like Shula was)

Start off quickly like we did in the Colts game...

And no more chicken **** play calls...Some drives were loaded with the Sherman BS...They didn't work 1 year ago...They still don't work...:crazy:

The fins haven't been able to cover the tight end since the 1990's, and we are facing probably the best te to ever play the game.

Yeah, but he's 37 not 27 now. It does make a difference, maybe not a huge one but enough to give me hope that he won't be a wrecking ball out there.

Jones, White and Douglas are the biggest threats. White scares me today.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

White is getting healthy.

Some might like this:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/gameday/

I've noticed that the Dolphins are trying real hard to make the gameday experience more interactive and more family friendly. Needless to say, I think this is exactly the kind of outreach the team needs to get people to stop watching on their couch. That and winning, obviously.

can somebody please send me a link to the game! pretty please!

Some might like this:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/gameday/

I've noticed that the Dolphins are trying real hard to make the gameday experience more interactive and more family friendly. Needless to say, I think this is exactly the kind of outreach the team needs to get people to stop watching on their couch. That and winning, obviously.

I honestly don't think its going to work...

The NFL has made the on the couch experience so much better...

1. HD
2. Instant Replays
3. Redzone (biggest positive $5 a month)

These along with:
1. Cheap food/beer
2. AC
3. Working internet

Is kick off at 4:05 or 4:15 I know the networks says tune in at 4:05

I honestly don't think its going to work...

The NFL has made the on the couch experience so much better...

1. HD
2. Instant Replays
3. Redzone (biggest positive $5 a month)

These along with:
1. Cheap food/beer
2. AC
3. Working internet

Well, here's the thing, I agree with you 100% that for the average guy who doesn't have kids, the experience is MUCH better at home and I don't think the NFL can easily get that guy back.

But for guys with kids? Making it a great family event would be a HUGE boost. Make it something you can share with your children and you've got something. I've said for a long time that the biggest problem the NFL has right now with stadium attendance -- aside from the home product being so good -- is rowdy ******* drunks in the stands. Make it an environment where people WANT to bring their kids and some of these stadiums that are having attendance issues could fill up again.

Well, here's the thing, I agree with you 100% that for the average guy who doesn't have kids, the experience is MUCH better at home and I don't think the NFL can easily get that guy back.

But for guys with kids? Making it a great family event would be a HUGE boost. Make it something you can share with your children and you've got something. I've said for a long time that the biggest problem the NFL has right now with stadium attendance -- aside from the home product being so good -- is rowdy ******* drunks in the stands. Make it an environment where people WANT to bring their kids and some of these stadiums that are having attendance issues could fill up again.

I agree, but there is huge money in selling booze and the chance to drink booze before the game.

Honestly i think alot of the problem is cost. How many guys do you know with 4 kids that can afford to take them to a game. 5 tickets at 70$ a ticket is 350$. Then there 20$ to park at the stadium. Bumps it up to 370$ this is before you've hit the proshop or concession stand. In these tough economic times I just can't see many family being able to afford spending their rent money on a football game.

drinking at dolphins games suck. You have to go to the bathroom every 5 mins and u miss key moments in the game.

Is kick off at 4:05 or 4:15 I know the networks says tune in at 4:05

All East Coast 4pm games always usually kick-off right at 4:05pm EST (unless networks utilize the push back rule which happens today with BUF/NYJ). The West coast tend to go 4:15pm or 4:25pm EST depending on networks.

Honestly i think alot of the problem is cost. How many guys do you know with 4 kids that can afford to take them to a game. 5 tickets at 70$ a ticket is 350$. Then there 20$ to park at the stadium. Bumps it up to 370$ this is before you've hit the proshop or concession stand. In these tough economic times I just can't see many family being able to afford spending their rent money on a football game.

Hitting one or two games a year isn't unreasonable for most people, especially since the Dolphins offer packages for families with children.

But yes, that's a great point.

Back
Top Bottom