Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread | Page 67 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread

All of the AFC East is gearing up to attack Tom Brady. I think we will see a even quicker version of his new quick passing attack and fewer bombs.

I think everyone is discounting what we might have with Dion Sims. He is a more rounded player with blocking skills, makes for a bigger target, and has made a few key plays that show his potential.

I'm not trying to sugarcoat it, because he is a great player. But tough decisions need to be made.

From a salary perspective, I'd take Suh + Sims over Odrick + Clay any day of the week.

Exactly.
Odrick and Clay are guys we've already had on this team, and I hate to say it but we still haven't gotten to the playoffs.
Keeping both would be crazy expensive, probably 17+ mill when you factor in teams trying to up the price.
For a couple more mill you get the best DT in the league, and a serviceable TE who's actually a much better blocker than Clay.

I would gladly swap them Clay for Chandler, considering the price difference and the fact that Chandler is durable and 6'7 and a great seam target.

we definitely got a lot of holes to fill still...and this adds another one...better kill it with the draft

The way things are going teams better hit on the draft because if not it will be very difficult to fill a lot of holes in FA, have to have good contributions from your drafted players while they are on the cheaper contract.

I would gladly swap them Clay for Chandler, considering the price difference and the fact that Chandler is durable and 6'7 and a great seam target.

Not sure what to think about chandler, but the bills fans seem happy he's off the team.

Non-exclusive rights franchise tag allows other teams to negotiate with him but if he signs with another team they would forfeit their 1st round pick to us.

If we did that, no one would take him and we'd be stuck having to overpay him.

Not sure what to think about chandler, but the bills fans seem happy he's off the team.

My buddy who's a Bills fan says the same thing about he'd gladly take Clay and give us Chandler so that gives me pause as well... but I know Chandler's stats in Buffalo's offense are just as good as Clay's are in ours and I know he's had some huge catches down the seam against us.

He was a luxury we couldn't afford.

This is the benefit of having other holes filled so that the Bills can afford to spend on skill players while Miami has to fill nuts & bolts holes. That's why Miami is farther from contending...or would be if Buffalo had a better QB. Who knows, maybe Manuel takes a step forward.
Ultimate nightmare is if Geno Smith and Manuel catch up to Tannehill. We'd never win the AFC East.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago
With some newfound cap space, I’m told the #Saints are now in the mix for former #Bills RB CJ Spiller. Meanwhile, the #Cowboys lurk as well

Tim Graham @ByTimGraham
It'll be tough to match what the Bills are loading up to offer, but the Dolphins are not conceding on Charles Clay. Browns a wild card.

Back
Top Bottom