Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread | Page 65 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread

Idiots, should have put franchise tag on him and at least we would get a first round pick.

Clay's not worth $8 million...sorry. I like the guy but he's not in Graham, Gronkowski territory.

Greg Olsen signed a 3-year, $22.5 million deal with $12 million guaranteed and he just had a 1,008 yards receiving for the Panthers. Clay isn't even as good as he is and Olsen's getting $7.5 million a season.

Well we kind of knew it would happen, wish it wasn't the Bills though, but it has been reported in Buffalo this afternoon that their offer will be so highly front loaded that the Miami Dolphins will not be able to match, and Charles Clay will become a member of the Buffalo Bills.

The Dolphins have set a number in which they won't match on Clay, and the Bills are said to have far exceeded it just in case.

They will prepare their offer tonight as Charles Clay is in Buffalo right now discussing details which would free him from Miami.

Clay is looking forward to joining the Bills and has confirmed his house hunting in the area. They will be dining at one of Buffalo's finer steak house's tonight.

Congrats to Charles Clay for cashing in, a great spot he got in for an above average but not great TE. Transition tag only helped him get a bigger sum of money, and all front loaded. He should thank the Dolphins for that.

Miami now will have to focus on bringing in a top TE to replace him. Lost out on Graham, looks like Cameron is the focus despite his lingering injury issue.

Finer steak houses in Buffalo...does it have golden arches?

He will be miserable during those winters, enjoy sucker! Also enjoy playing with.....uhhh Matt Cassell? Lol

Idiots, should have put franchise tag on him and at least we would get a first round pick.

If we franchised him, no one can offer him anything... He would be ours... Where do you get that we would get a first cuz bills wouldn't just offer that for him

Miami now will have to focus on bringing in a top TE to replace him. Lost out on Graham

Too much jumping to conclusions this time of year. Just because the man was traded to Seattle and not Miami, does not mean they "lost out on him". I didn't read any reports of the staff showing much interest.

If we franchised him, no one can offer him anything... He would be ours... Where do you get that we would get a first cuz bills wouldn't just offer that for him

Non-exclusive rights franchise tag allows other teams to negotiate with him but if he signs with another team they would forfeit their 1st round pick to us.

I think everyone is discounting what we might have with Dion Sims. He is a more rounded player with blocking skills, makes for a bigger target, and has made a few key plays that show his potential.

I'm not trying to sugarcoat it, because he is a great player. But tough decisions need to be made.

From a salary perspective, I'd take Suh + Sims over Odrick + Clay any day of the week.

Lol. I'd say E.B. Green's, it's one of the only good things in Buffalo.

If they wanted to treat him to good steak I'd go black n blue or whatever that place is. But if it was me I'd prefer to get some Duffs wings. Who can turn those things down?!

Let Buffalo over pay. We'll see if their gamble pays off. I wanted Clay back but we will win without him. Perhaps we sign Cameron on a prove it deal and that will transition us to drafting a TE in 2016 or 2017

Back
Top Bottom