****Official Free Agent Signings**** | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Official Free Agent Signings****

LB?

Ozzy rules!!

Well we can move that from want to must if you want, they can maybe sign one in FA or they may be illusioned that they can make it work with what they have in house one more year.

Just read that Jordy Nelson is visiting the Raiders tomorrow but has already reached out to NE. Wants to be a Patriot. We get Amemdola, they get Nelson and Suh. Ugh. Can we just start this miserable season already?

Problem is right now the Dolphins have 1.9 million in cap space. Not accounting for the Amendola and Wilson contracts. So they will have to cut,restructure or extend some players. Cutting Julius Thomas only frees up another 6.6 million. Restructuring Quinn can free up about another 5 million. Cutting Pouncey frees up another 7 million. Cutting Wake frees up another 8 million. So by signing Brown the Dolphins will either be taking a risk by restructuring or extending players contracts or will have to cut more players currently on the roster. The cap situation this year just isn't in good enough shape for the Dolphins to sign a bunch of players.
U r not Taking into account the 17 million we get for cutting Suh. We have not officially cut him and he still shows on our roster once we cut him we will have enough money to make these moves sign 1 or 2 more players and still have enough for draft picks

I can't see movingn Parker now, seeing that he's one of the teams less expensive recievers and only big body. A corp of Stills, Wilson, Amendola and Grant would be very weak.
You are probably right but if they are after high football IQ guys, DVP is on the wrong end of that spectrum. I’ve given up on his soft, slow to react on the field crappy play. Just a JAG really.

You are probably right but if they are after high football IQ guys, DVP is on the wrong end of that spectrum. I’ve given up on his soft, slow to react on the field crappy play. Just a JAG really.

I disagree. I would say he's no Julio Jones as everyone is so quick to state, but few are. I think at the stage Parker has shown to be an NFL starting caliber receiver. Maybe a mid-level number 2 receiver with the potential to still be much more. I really think playing without Landry will give him an opportunity to step up his game.

Just read that Jordy Nelson is visiting the Raiders tomorrow but has already reached out to NE. Wants to be a Patriot. We get Amemdola, they get Nelson and Suh. Ugh. Can we just start this miserable season already?
That Suh rumor was started on a fan blog.

U r not Taking into account the 17 million we get for cutting Suh. We have not officially cut him and he still shows on our roster once we cut him we will have enough money to make these moves sign 1 or 2 more players and still have enough for draft picks
I thought if we cut Suh before June 1 we only get between 3-9 mil and after June 1 we get the full 17 mi.?

Wilson and Amendola are okay but not that good.Why pay them so much money when you can get Ridley in the first round for way less money or another receiver in the 2ND for the same production.

Seems like we should be expecting more 4-5 wr looks because we now have 6 wrs that dont play special teams

Wilson and Amendola are okay but not that good.Why pay them so much money when you can get Ridley in the first round for way less money or another receiver in the 2ND for the same production.

Likely have their eyes on another position in those rounds. Not wild about picking up both, one or the other maybe but not both. I'm willing see how it plays out. If the team goes into the season with a tight end, Stills, Parker, Wilson and Amendola there might not be too may opportunities for Grant, Carroo, Ford or a young draft pick.

If they make Suh a post June 1st cut. Then they won't be able to use that 17 million until June 2nd. When most of the top free agents have already signed. 8 of that 17 million will go towards signing draft picks. Leaving 9 million to sign whoever is still available after June 1st.

Currently they have 1.9 million in cap space not including the agreements with Amendola and Wilson supposedly already made. So they are going to have to free up more cap space before June 2nd. Cutting Julius Thomas frees up another 6.6 million. So that would get them to 8.5 milion under the cap. That may be enough to cover Amendola's and Wilson's cap hits depending on how the deals are structured.

People expecting the team to sign a bunch more free agents just aren't being realistic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom