Official Game Thread: Brazil vs France | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Brazil vs France

Zizou rolled back the years tonight. Absolute masterclass. Best individual performance of the tournament by a mile, ably assisted by Vieira and Makalele who were brilliant. I knew France would beat them. Great game.

Ronaldinho has been the most disappointing player in this tournament.

France-Germany final.

Boomer said:
Zizou rolled back the years tonight. Absolute masterclass. Best individual performance of the tournament by a mile, ably assisted by Vieira and Makalele who were brilliant. I knew France would beat them. Great game.

France-Germany final.

Yeah, and think of what it would do to Zidane's legacy if he wins a second WC (winning it this time is probably a greater achievement than the first one).

Personally, I'm pleasantly surprised with Ribery since I never heard of this player before (the others I'm more or less familiar with). I'll have to look this guy up.

ckb2001 said:
To be more specific, in MLS you don't see as many undeserved yellows (I think we have FIFA to blame for this, since the refs don't do their traditional "warning to the player" before giving out a yellow later). I think the amount of controversy over the average foul is probably the same.

The one thing where MLS refereeing is DEFINITELY far worse than what you see in this WC is with offsides calls. Generally, offsides calls in this WC are right on or acceptable if the call could have gone either way. MLS refs get a lot of those wrong.

Overall though, since bookings have such influence on the game, I tip it (only for this WC) in favor of MLS.

In the Premier league here in England, I dont think that there would be a tenth of the bookings we have had in the WC. And that Rooney sending off would have caused a riot in the crowd had it happened here. Worse is the inconsistency of the refs. It has been embarrassing. The Dutch player who threw Deco to the ground didn't get a card at all, and yet Deco, for holding onto the ball got a second yellow, deservedly so in lines with how that ref percieved the game. Just so inconsistent. Rooney would not have had a card shown at all if that ref had been in charge!!.

It's interesting because Zidane had a very mediocre year for Madrid and after the group games, France was up in arms about him playing, especially after the 2-0 win against Togo when he was suspended. But he was excellent against Spain and tonight he was genius. Pure and simple.

Ribery has been highly rated for a while, but has had some off-field issues and has some attitude issues. He was the star for the French u21's in the European Championship and had a stunning season for Marseilles, making it impossible for Domanech to leave him out. The public clamour for his selection has been great. And, like Zidane, he's a Muslim and if you know anything about religion and race in France, this is a big deal. He has said that he wants to play for Gerard Houllier's Lyon next season, although both Real Madrid, Arsenal and Manchester United have declared an interest.

Boomer said:
It's interesting because Zidane had a very mediocre year for Madrid and after the group games, France was up in arms about him playing, especially after the 2-0 win against Togo when he was suspended. But he was excellent against Spain and tonight he was genius. Pure and simple.

Ribery has been highly rated for a while, but has had some off-field issues and has some attitude issues. He was the star for the French u21's in the European Championship and had a stunning season for Marseilles, making it impossible for Domanech to leave him out. The public clamour for his selection has been great. And, like Zidane, he's a Muslim and if you know anything about religion and race in France, this is a big deal. He has said that he wants to play for Gerard Houllier's Lyon next season, although both Real Madrid, Arsenal and Manchester United have declared an interest.

Good luck to the lad. and I thought we had problems bringing on a Black Jew for our captain :sidelol:

HolliFinFan said:
Hey Prime. Put on a French jersey and walk through Pompano. Double dare ya.
~~Holli

No fear, no sweat. I know a lot of Brasilians in Pompano. Crazy soccer fans but good hearted people. They appreciate if someone consols them..especially those brazilian women (oops sorry Holli....:sidelol:).

Seriously, I already talked to a couple. They are down and out. I guess I will stop by their shop on Monday for some beer.

FFiB said:
No fear, no sweat. I know a lot of Brasilians in Pompano. Crazy soccer fans but good hearted people. They appreciate if someone consols them..especially those brazilian women (oops sorry Holli....:sidelol:).

Seriously, I already talked to a couple. They are down and out. I guess I will stop by their shop on Monday for some beer.

That was more a crack at Prime's changing allegiances than at the Brazilians in Pompano. I am well acquainted with several myself.

But you knew that, didn't you?:wink:
~~Holli

Boomer said:

France-Germany final.

Well....he did play 3 balls perfectly into the box that could have been goals for Brazil...but just weren't finished. (vs. France)

I still can't figure out what the foul was that they called on him when he made that move into the box and had another possible attempt on goal in the 90th minute.

I will say this...if Brazil had played the way they were capable of playing...France wouldn't have stood a chance.

As it were...France absolutely destroyed brazil....that was one of the most lopsided 1-0 matches I have ever seen.

Zidane was spectacular.

HolliFinFan said:
That was more a crack at Prime's changing allegiances than at the Brazilians in Pompano. I am well acquainted with several myself.

But you knew that, didn't you?:wink:
~~Holli

Nope didn't know that. But I am eager to learn.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom