*Official Game Thread* England Vs Trinidad and Tobago | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official Game Thread* England Vs Trinidad and Tobago

Phew, cutting too close for my liking. At least Sven finally made a good substituion, shame lampard can't hit a barn door, I'd seriously look at Carrick and Gerrard in the Sweden game. In fairness T&T are resilient and we're a pretty negative side relying on a lone striker to create some individual magic or a set piece. Before being to harsh remember Sweden couldn't score against a 10 man T&T for 45 mins. Still England need to improve but we are a team who play to the level of our opposition

Prime Time said:
TnT still has life. Their next game against Paraguay is a must win however.

Paraguy WILL win or tie, TnT is defending with a line of 8 people, they have one or 2 shoots per game..., its ridiculous how people overrate TnT!!! :fire:

These are the players that have worn #10 for Brazil in the World Cup:

1954- Robles
1958-1970-Pele'
1974-1978- Rivelino
1982-1986- Zico'
1990- Silas
1994- Rai'
1998-2002 Rivaldo
2006- Ronaldinho

Boomer said:
That was gash.

Finally Gerrard gets to go forward and look what happens. Difficult game when you play 90 minutes attack vs defence because usually that's not how football is played, but 3 points is 3 points.

I think the Lampard-Gerrard tag team is going to be broken up..at least for the final match against Sweden, just to experiment.

Prime Time said:
I think the Lampard-Gerrard tag team is going to be broken up..at least for the final match against Sweden, just to experiment.

Both of them are on yellow cards as well, so you may see BOTH of them missing.

Boomer said:
Both of them are on yellow cards as well, so you may see BOTH of them missing.

Good point, but they are playing Sweden and they will need to win or tie to avoid letting Sweden pass them and take 1st place of the Group

Matters not. Playing Ecuador or Germany......no problem with either.

Prime Time said:
Good point, but they are playing Sweden and they will need to win or tie to avoid letting Sweden pass them and take 1st place of the Group

and avoiding Germany in the round of 16 is a good thing as well.

Section126 said:
and avoiding Germany in the round of 16 is a good thing as well.

According to Boomer it doesn't matter...I think that is crazy talk. I'd much rather play Ecuador than a stadium full of Germans backing up an inspired Germany team...

Prime Time said:
According to Boomer it doesn't matter...I think that is crazy talk. I'd much rather play Ecuador than a stadium full of Germans backing up an inspired Germany team...

I agree..that is insane talk...playing Germany in Germany in a world cup and your jersey's say "ENGLAND" on the shield...is not a good thing in this or any universe.

Section126 said:
I agree..that is insane talk...playing Germany in Germany in a world cup and your jersey's say "ENGLAND" on the shield...is not a good thing in this or any universe.

:yes:

I mean if you are gonna win the WC, u might as well play the tough teams now . . but I agree, I would much rather play Ecuador than Germany at home, thats just common sense. So if Ecuador ties or beats Germany, does England play to lose, so they can play Ecuador in the second round?

Kdawg954 said:
I mean if you are gonna win the WC, u might as well play the tough teams now . . but I agree, I would much rather play Ecuador than Germany at home, thats just common sense. So if Ecuador ties or beats Germany, does England play to lose, so they can play Ecuador in the second round?

I think they start Michael Owen at GK without gloves and boots.

And start with 10 men as practice for a red card game.

As a fan..I am salivating at teh thought of ENGLAND - GERMANY in GERMANY. That would be the highest rated match of the whole cup besides the final.

Section126 said:
I think they start Michael Owen at GK without gloves and boots.

And start with 10 men as practice for a red card game.

As a fan..I am salivating at teh thought of ENGLAND - GERMANY in GERMANY. That would be the highest rated match of the whole cup besides the final.

What a game that would be. I have a feeling Lehman is going to let down when Germany does indeed get knocked off and everyone will then say Why wasn't Kahn starting...

Back
Top Bottom