Official Game Thread: Japan vs Australia | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Japan vs Australia

ckb2001 said:
Those who have this theory can't explain why many 1-0 baseball games are considered exciting by many (Hockey isn't that high scoring either).

I'll tell you what I think. You all saw how popular the WC '94 was here, and you see the stadiums sold out when top Euro clubs play here. When the NY Cosmos were still around (with top stars, though a bit past their prime), Giants stadium was full. So, I think it's because the best players in the world don't play for MLS.

That also contributes...it is a big mix of many things IMO...

Prime Time said:
That also contributes...it is a big mix of many things IMO...

You know the one counter-argument some give to what I said is "What about the failure of a professional women's soccer league after 1999?" Still, of all the variables, I think MLS being second class is the big thing.

ckb2001 said:
You know the one counter-argument some give to what I said is "What about the failure of a professional women's soccer league after 1999?" Still, of all the variables, I think MLS being second class is the big thing.

You may be right. But the US is rich, they could dangle a carrot to entice big players to come to you. Once players start to come, more and more will be interested in moving there.

Should have been a penalty kick for Japan right there, but I guess that makes up for the non-call for Japan's goal earlier.

ckb2001 said:
Those who have this theory can't explain why many 1-0 baseball games are considered exciting by many (Hockey isn't that high scoring either).

I'll tell you what I think. You all saw how popular the WC '94 was here, and you see the stadiums sold out when top Euro clubs play here. When the NY Cosmos were still around (with top stars, though a bit past their prime), Giants stadium was full. So, I think it's because the best players in the world don't play for MLS.
I agree with that, i think there is so much information about now via the interent and ever expanding tv coverage that US fans are aware they are not seeing the worlds best on a weekly basis so why would the MLS draw huge sellouts. Its a chicken and egg situation you need top class players to sell the league but you need a top class league to attract top class players

Nice goal by Australia. Come on Japan! Score one quickly. Make my prediction come true!

kawaguchi is the worst keeper i've seen at the tournament, terrible. No wonder he couldnt get in the portsmouth team a few years back

Back
Top Bottom