Official Game Thread: Netherlands vs Portugal | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Netherlands vs Portugal

ahahaha, that game was brutal.

Netherlands blew a lot of opportunities.

Unbelievable game....FIFA is going to be analyzing this for a while. They are probably 2nd guessing their decision to make the refs officiate tougher.

ckb2001 said:
16 yellow cards and 4 red cards... I think FIFA made a mistake by asking the refs to get tough. This is going too far.

Don't agree at all. I think the ref was fantastic and every single card was well deserved. The only blame lies with the players who proved their immaturity and lack of professionalism time after time. There is only one fault here, and that lies with the players. You can't blame FIFA for Deco picking the ball up when it was a Dutch free kick only to throw it away, and you can't blame FIFA for elbowing Figo in the face. The players made a mistake and a were punished for it, no need to try and blame FIFA.

Congrats to England by the way, your opponent just became a lot easier :)

~soap~ said:
I'm curious to see what Kuyt will do tonight (he's my favourite player, he plays for feyenoord, the team I support)

He's coming to Liverpool.

;)

I thought the 2nd Bholarouj red was a crock and what was Figo booked for? Ref didn't see the headbutt and if the linesman saw it, then it was a red card. And the 2nd Van Brockhorst booking was never a yellow.

And why wasn't Cocu booked for chucking Deco to the floor and Sneijder for pushing Petit over? Raising his hands is a straight red.

But the game did show the finest moment of the tournament.......Deco just wiping out Sneidjer for not giving the ball back. Hilarious.

Boomer said:
He's coming to Liverpool.

;)

Don't think so, he'll stay. He will only want to come to a club where he has high chance of playing. But if he goes liverpool looks lik the right team for him because it has a similar mentality as feyenoord and he fits in perfectly here.

And although the cards may have been deserved it's also the refs job to have control over the game and it didn't look like that at all.

Man I'm dissapointed in my Dutch team, we played like crap all tournament. Something has to chance we haven't played many good games since Euro 2000.

Haha, Blatter said that the ref deserved a yellow card as well.

~soap~ said:
Don't think so, he'll stay. He will only want to come to a club where he has high chance of playing. But if he goes liverpool looks lik the right team for him because it has a similar mentality as feyenoord and he fits in perfectly here.

And although the cards may have been deserved it's also the refs job to have control over the game and it didn't look like that at all.

Man I'm dissapointed in my Dutch team, we played like crap all tournament. Something has to chance we haven't played many good games since Euro 2000.

He already came to talk to Rafa Benitez last summer and he's Rafa's #1 transfer target along with Daniel Alves. He'll play a lot with us, rotating with Peter Crouch and Craig Bellamy and Robbie Fowler. He'll do really well in the Premiership - he's strong, holds the ball up well, brings others into play and his goalscoring record is outstanding. There has been talk of Jan Kronkamp, or Jerzy Dudek or Bolo Zenden being part of the deal.

I felt sorry for Van Basten, because he strikes me as a great coach. I think he did the right thing in leaving Davids and Kluivert and Seedorf, etc at home and going with the youth movement. It may not have paid dividends now, but in Euro 2006 and in 4 years time in South Africa, you're going to have a hell of a team. Robben, Van Persie, Huntelaar, Babel, Sneidjer, etc. You have some great young players. Don't get too down. This tournament will pay dividends for you down the line.

Boomer said:
He already came to talk to Rafa Benitez last summer and he's Rafa's #1 transfer target along with Daniel Alves. He'll play a lot with us, rotating with Peter Crouch and Craig Bellamy and Robbie Fowler. He'll do really well in the Premiership - he's strong, holds the ball up well, brings others into play and his goalscoring record is outstanding. There has been talk of Jan Kronkamp, or Jerzy Dudek or Bolo Zenden being part of the deal.

I felt sorry for Van Basten, because he strikes me as a great coach. I think he did the right thing in leaving Davids and Kluivert and Seedorf, etc at home and going with the youth movement. It may not have paid dividends now, but in Euro 2006 and in 4 years time in South Africa, you're going to have a hell of a team. Robben, Van Persie, Huntelaar, Babel, Sneidjer, etc. You have some great young players. Don't get too down. This tournament will pay dividends for you down the line.

Rotating, that's something he truly dislikes. He played 179 consecutive matches, so itsn't something he is used to and he has stated on several occasions that he will only go to a club who has a chance of winning some silverware a very big club where he is sure to get a lot of playing time.

So I'm not sure although after this seasons playoffs he was very dissapointed that he didn't win anything with feyenoord while he played for them and also that he wouldn't get a chance to play Champions league

~soap~ said:
Rotating, that's something he truly dislikes. He played 179 consecutive matches, so itsn't something he is used to and he has stated on several occasions that he will only go to a club who has a chance of winning some silverware a very big club where he is sure to get a lot of playing time.

So I'm not sure although after this seasons playoffs he was very dissapointed that he didn't win anything with feyenoord while he played for them and also that he wouldn't get a chance to play Champions league

Well, we've won the Champions League, the FA Cup and the Super Cup, finished 3rd in the Premiership, and lost in Extra time in the Carling Cup final in the past 2 seasons, so he'll get his silverware. Plus if he's going to go to a team that's going to win things, he'll HAVE to rotate, especially if it's in the Premiership. He'll get his playing time with us.

~soap~ said:
Haha, Blatter said that the ref deserved a yellow card as well.

Yup, Ivanov (the ref) is being severely criticized by FIFA, and here's a link:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=372587&cc=5901

But, (and this is why I posted this), did you guys notice this quote near the bottom?:

"The FIFA referees committee will meet Wednesday to decide which officials stay after the second round. Already they're likely to be without experienced English referee Graham Poll, who issued three yellow cards to the same Croatia player -- two yellow cards should immediately be followed by a red. That technical error could have resulted in a first-round match with Australia being replayed."

3 yellow cards is funny, but I had no clue anything could result in a match being replayed at a WC!!!

Back
Top Bottom