Official Game Thread: United States vs Czech Republic | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: United States vs Czech Republic

You know...if the US had gotten a softer draw and made the quarter finals again this year...you all would be wondering why guys like Eddie Johnson, Oguchi, McBride, Beasley, and Donovan don't get contracts in europe.

Who the hell are you guys kidding?

Back to the thread....

Arenas has lost it...

Watch this team with Reyna at midfield...then watch this team with Reyna as a back....

Then watch this team with Reyna on the bench.

The team with Reyna at midfield is clearly the worst...yet..that is the team that Arenas starts.

Section126 said:
You know...if the US had gotten a softer draw and made the quarter finals again this year...you all would be wondering why guys like Eddie Johnson, Oguchi, McBride, Beasley, and Donovan don't get contracts in europe.

Who the hell are you guys kidding?

Not trying to sound like an ***, but the others will point it out If I don't.

Beasley plays in Europe. PSV Eindehoven in Holland.

McBride plays in Fullham. Onyewu plays on a Belgium team, and is being looked at by the EPL right now.

Johnson wants to play in Europe and is hoping this WC can help him achieve that.

Donovan has tried to play in Europe and probably could play again, but he doesn't like it. He feels more comfortable at home...which is why he'll never be the player he could have been.

Section126 said:
Back to the thread....

Arenas has lost it...

Watch this team with Reyna at midfield...then watch this team with Reyna as a back....

Then watch this team with Reyna on the bench.

The team with Reyna at midfield is clearly the worst...yet..that is the team that Arenas starts.

Reyna is a centerpiece to this team. He is needed out there.

Prime Time said:
Not trying to sound like an ***, but the others will point it out If I don't.

Beasley plays in Europe. PSV Eindehoven in Holland.

McBride plays in Fullham. Onyewu plays on a Belgium team, and is being looked at by the EPL right now.

Johnson wants to play in Europe and is hoping this WC can help him achieve that.

Donovan has tried to play in Europe and probably could play again, but he doesn't like it. He feels more comfortable at home...which is why he'll never be the player he could have been.

I knew that...by saying "getting contracts in europe" I meant big dollar contracts. I also consider the English Premier, German, Spanish Primera, the majors....The Italian League and French league are top heavy and are basically BS leagues.

Prime Time said:
Reyna is a centerpiece to this team. He is needed out there.

He has become an albatross.

he can hit posts from now till the cows come home..I don't care.

Put him as a back, or put him on the bench. Put him in the midfield and we are screwed.

BTW..I finally got to see the game and all I can say is ugh.

For the life of me, I couldn't explain how you can lose marks over and over and over. It can only be laziness on part of players.

Prime Time said:
Put him as a back? What do you mean?

Arenas is hell bent on playing a 5-4-1.

Put him as a RB or LB and he can be useful in placing balls for counter attacks.

You give him a little freedom and we would have something interesting.

I want to see MORE of Mastroeni...he may not be so creative..but he is like wallpaper...he is always there. You never see him screw up and a defensive mindset in the midfield is never a bad thing.

Section126 said:
Arenas is hell bent on playing a 5-4-1.

Put him as a RB or LB and he can be useful in placing balls for counter attacks.

You give him a little freedom and we would have something interesting.

I want to see MORE of Mastroeni...he may not be so creative..but he is like wallpaper...he is always there. You never see him screw up and a defensive mindset in the midfield is never a bad thing.

Whoa. Arena more the majority of the time that he has coaches has played a 4-4-2. With 4 in the back spread out across. Then 4 in the midfield either straight across or in a diamond shape and two up top. Now when he plays the diamond shape, that is when Reyna is a DM and Donovan the AM...

Prime Time said:
Whoa. Arena more the majority of the time that he has coaches has played a 4-4-2. With 4 in the back spread out across. Then 4 in the midfield either straight across or in a diamond shape and two up top. Now when he plays the diamond shape, that is when Reyna is a DM and Donovan the AM...

he has played a variation of the 5-4-1 for about 6 months now.

You are thinking about 2002, when he had some balls.

Section126 said:
he has played a variation of the 5-4-1 for about 6 months now.

You are thinking about 2002, when he had some balls.

:lol: That was funny. Not talking junk funny, it just made me laugh because I pictured the guy in your avatar saying when we had some balls all mad. :lol:

I don't think so. We have't played with 5 DBs..no way...

Prime Time said:
:lol: That was funny. Not talking junk funny, it just made me laugh because I pictured the guy in your avatar saying when we had some balls all mad. :lol:

I don't think so. We have't played with 5 DBs..no way...

Watch what happens during the game....When Lewis plays..or Mastroeni..they always pull them back.

You can start in a 4-4-2...but it doesn't mean that you are actually playing a 4-4-2.

Section126 said:
Watch what happens during the game....When Lewis plays..or Mastroeni..they always pull them back.

You can start in a 4-4-2...but it doesn't mean that you are actually playing a 4-4-2.

Lewis was a LB last game.

Mastroeni is a DM...thats why you see him back so much.

No Talent = No hope?

So you are telling me teams like Peru? (Even though I root for them damn it!) and Uruguay are better than the US Squad just because they have a "few" good players that do play in Europe.

Nope you've taken it to it's illogical conclusion.

If I say you don't win anything without talented players, that doesn't mean that having a few talented players and nothing else will win everything.

You need a spine to the team (which the USA have) and then you need genuine world class talent and ability (which the USA don't have) to win you games. Just for an example off the top of my head, look at the most successful English clubs over the past 2 years; Liverpool and Chelsea. Solid spines (Terry, Carragher, Makelele, Hyppia, Gallas) and world class talent (Lampard, Gerrard, Joe Cole, Xabi Alonso)

Back
Top Bottom