** Official Game Watch thread Patriots at Steelers. Who you got or want? | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

** Official Game Watch thread Patriots at Steelers. Who you got or want?

I really didn't know who I wanted to win. Keep the Pats from the top 2 picks? Get the shaky Steelers into the playoffs? Give an AFC contender a loss? Get a loss to Belicheats career record? Get the Pats rolling for their Bills game? I went back and forth.

Pats are still 2nd in draft order, could get Drake Maye. I'd like to see them continue to scrape along with Mac, Zappe, and Belicheat tree OC's, but it's not going to happen. McCarthy/ Penix/Nix/Ewers/Daniels at the least.

They just gotta beat the Jets week 18.

They have KC at home up next so that’s definitely a loss.

Then at Denver, at Buffalo, home for Jets, which may be Belicheks last game so you gotta believe they’ll be amped. Not sure anyome of those Pats fans will be rooting harder for them than we will be.

I want them to end up with Olu Fashanu.

I could see Marvin Harrison telling them that he’s sit out the year if they drafted him. That’s my dream scenario. They stubbornly take MHJr and he renters next years draft.

I'd love to see either of those last 2 sentences 😂. I guess if B-cheat stays he might not want to develop a rookie QB.

Also, we need to continue to win our games for obvious reasons but as an added bonus, our wins hurt the Pats and Jets in the draft tie breakers. And right now a couple wins could really hurt both teams in the SOS department as all the 4 win teams (and NE) have close SOS’s to each other, with the exception of Tennessee who appears to be the team that will lose a lot of tie breakers.

Another small reason to be happy with a Buffalo win this week at KC. I know there is a rather interesting debate as to who to root for (I’m rooting for a tie only). If your on the Buffalo side, that’s another small reason to root for Buffalo. A game here or there could drop both teams in the draft.

I really didn't know who I wanted to win. Keep the Pats from the top 2 picks? Get the shaky Steelers into the playoffs? Give an AFC contender a loss? Get a loss to Belicheats career record? Get the Pats rolling for their Bills game? I went back and forth.
It doesn't matter to us if PIT gets in the playoffs. They'd be one and done. We'll be on our bye when they lose their playoff game.

Keeping the Jills out of the playoffs however...

This was a close one for me. In terms of this season I wanted Pitt. I see the Texans and Browns as better teams and bigger potential threats. I also would like to see BB not reach Shula's win total.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind NE having a worse draft pick. In terms of future seasons we should probably be hoping for NE and Jets to have meaningless wins that hurts their chances of acquiring talent.

So it's a win/win (or lose/lose if you're a negative person). In the end my priority is winning a SB this season so I had been hoping for a Pitt win.

This was a close one for me. In terms of this season I wanted Pitt. I see the Texans and Browns as better teams and bigger potential threats. I also would like to see BB not reach Shula's win total.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind NE having a worse draft pick. In terms of future seasons we should probably be hoping for NE and Jets to have meaningless wins that hurts their chances of acquiring talent.

So it's a win/win (or lose/lose if you're a negative person). In the end my priority is winning a SB this season so I had been hoping for a Pitt win.
It's lose/lose for me. That goddamn half empty glass

Sounds like a better reasoning version of me. 😂

He is a head case.

The past few "undersized" #1 pick QB's haven't fared too well on the whole.

I think Drake Maye is the much safer pick. Caleb Williams could very well be an absolute stud in the NFL, and probably will be. But so can Drake Maye.

Not only is Maye the much more prototypical QB, he isn't the entitled drama queen head case Williams seems to be. Remember, that dude has visions of team ownership in his head, even though it's not a possibility while he's playing.

I'm rooting for any result that works against Buffalo this year. I could care less what New England does at this point.

Pats are still 2nd in draft order, could get Drake Maye. I'd like to see them continue to scrape along with Mac, Zappe, and Belicheat tree OC's, but it's not going to happen. McCarthy/ Penix/Nix/Ewers/Daniels at the least.
Let them have Maye. UNC dude here, he is not all he's cracked up to be. Will just be a continuation of their QB woes. He's much better than their current stable, but that isn't saying much.

The past few "undersized" #1 pick QB's haven't fared too well on the whole.

I think Drake Maye is the much safer pick. Caleb Williams could very well be an absolute stud in the NFL, and probably will be. But so can Drake Maye.

Not only is Maye the much more prototypical QB, he isn't the entitled drama queen head case Williams seems to be. Remember, that dude has visions of team ownership in his head, even though it's not a possibility while he's playing.

Tua's undersized, no?

Pretty silly to use Bryce Young and Kyler Murray as a basis for an evaluation.

Let them have Maye. UNC dude here, he is not all he's cracked up to be. Will just be a continuation of their QB woes. He's much better than their current stable, but that isn't saying much.
Good to know. I'm just greedy, don't want "better than their current stable". I'm enjoying it : )

Back
Top Bottom