** Official Game Watch thread Patriots at Steelers. Who you got or want? | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

** Official Game Watch thread Patriots at Steelers. Who you got or want?

Tua's undersized, no?

Pretty silly to use Bryce Young and Kyler Murray as a basis for an evaluation.

Tua wasn’t a #1 pick. The statement was, the past few #1 picks. Young, Murray, and Mayfield all were #1 picks. And they haven’t been great. So, no, it wasn‘t pretty silly at all. It was factually accurate.

Further, Tua isn’t as undersized as Murray and Young, for sure, and is bigger than Mayfield too. Tua more of a midsized QB (weight matters).

And the discussion between Caleb Williams and Drake Maye IS for the #1 pick. So completely relevant, sorry..

Tua wasn’t a #1 pick. The statement was, the past few #1 picks. Young, Murray, and Mayfield all were #1 picks. And they haven’t been great. So, no, it wasn‘t pretty silly at all. It was factually accurate.

Further, Tua isn’t as undersized as Murray and Young, for sure, and is bigger than Mayfield too. Tua more of a midsized QB (weight matters).

And the discussion between Caleb Williams and Drake Maye IS for the #1 pick. So completely relevant, sorry..

Which is a dumb premise, a REALLY dumb premise.

Comparing Williams to Mayfield, Murray and Young based on the fact that they went first overall is just ridiculous, when a guy like Tua is a great comparison and he went fifth overall.

Hard to see any correlation between Baker Mayfield and Caleb Williams. Because the Browns made a monumental err in judgement the Bears shouldn’t take a generational arm talent. Something Mayfield and Young didn’t possess.

Murray, who I think can still be great, is also a bad comp for Williams.

Tua is a better comp to CW than any of those guys. And Tua should’ve been the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft, no?

Caleb has a higher ceiling than Maye, or anyone in the draft. Incredible arm talent, good speed, good vision, thinks well on the run. His approximate Tua mid-size won't hurt him. But he also might have a lower floor. Entitled mentality to an unprecedented degree (99% of past prospects didn't have the NIL$ or social media platforms) I've never met him, but I know people that have FWIW (and it's not worth much, I know), but they all think there's a problem. I'd still draft him #1, because it's always somewhat of a dice roll.

Back
Top Bottom