---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

0%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20PW_0062_18281_TAP_GOLF_zpsqdkglfrp.jpg

Played last night. Had 6 holes in a row where I had par putt and couldn't make it. The last was the shortest (5 Ft). After that I posted triple bogey on the last hole. Lost concentration after failing to be rewarded.

Earlier in the round there was a hole I won't soon forget. We had a sub playing in our group since my buddy is up in Minnesota fishing. He hit his ball to the right on a par 3. He is not that familiar with course and drove the cart into the rough to find his ball. The hole is a cart path only par 3. His route in was OK but when he came back he tried to drive through a small ditch. The real wheels dropped down under the mud and the cart was stuck. We tried to push it out but golf carts are very heavy. One member of the group suggested we turn the wheel and try to roll the cart up on it side. This worked to get one wheel up above the ditch but caused the other to sink deeper. So I went to the woods and found a couple of fallen tree branches. We rocked the cart up again and this time I stuffed the branch under the first wheel. We repeated the process for the other wheel. Then with all three pushing and giving the cart some pedal it popped out of the ditch. Rear was all covered in mud and he left a nasty scar on the ditch. Took us about 10 minutes to extract the cart. We all laughed about it afterwords.

Had birdie chances on the 1st 6 holes Tuesday and not a single one went in. My buddy comes back from fishing in Minnesota and is rusty to start but birdies the 8th hole. I just can't get one to drop. I did shoot a 44 but had I made one or 2 of the birdies and avoided the triple bogey on 7 it could have been a great round.

It was the last week of our golf league. However the new management at golf course didn't count any of the no shows during the year and our league is prepaid. So we found out we have another 32 rounds of 9 holes left to use. Free golf!

This is obviously the wrong thread to post in but does anyone know if there id a lifting/workout forum?

Beautiful Day in Ohio. Took 1/2 day vacation from work and have 1:08 tee time today. Playing at the course where we have Tuesday league and using some of the left over money from unused league play.

Weather was perfect yesterday. They recently aerated the greens at the course we were playing. Normally the greens are very tough. Right now they are brutal. If you don't land in the correct spot on the green you can easily be looking at a 3 putt. I had (3) 3 putts yesterday and one was from 5 ft. You have to hit it firmly and take out any break on those short ones. If it doesn't go in it will roll past 5 ft. If you try to guide it in the break will take it away from the hole at the last second. Very tough. Recently we have been having a separate competition on low putts because it is so difficult.

Started off in trouble on the 1st hole and needed a great chip and 1 putt to save bogey. Played pretty well but had a couple ugly holes. One of them was an 8 on a par 4 on the back nine. The 8 culminated a stretch where I 3 putted three straight holes. After that there were 4 holes to go and I needed to bogey all 4 to break 100. Got the first 3 but then was in deep trouble on the last. Sitting in the sand trap and needing to get up and down to save my 99 round I was able to pull it off with a great sand shot and then drained a 7 ft putt to end the round. 1 putt to start and finish round. While 99 is above my handicap I was pretty happy considering the difficulty of the greens. We had several birdie opportunities but nobody was able to convert due to difficulty of greens.

The best news of the day was since it is off season and after 1 PM they only charged us for 9 holes. So we have more free golf coming as long as weather stays like it has been. :)

More free golf this past Tuesday. Missed a 30 ft birdie by half turn of the golf ball. Had it right on track it just ran out of gas. My birdie drought continues. I did shoot a 47 and beat everyone in the fore-some. :hump:

Played some more free golf last night. Finally figured out the greens and limited my putting to 16 putts with only one 3 putt. Unfortunately I had 4 penalty strokes for errant shots on other parts of the course. Figures, figure out one part and another goes haywire. I did save bogey on the last hole despite penalty stroke and finished with 49. Could have been a decent round without the errant shots.

Back
Top Bottom