Official Heat-Pistons Series Thread! | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Heat-Pistons Series Thread!

HVACservice said:
So the Spurs have Two rings ....in SEVEN YEARS?

The Pistons are a few games away from having TWO rings in TWO years.....

:confused:

The indianapolis colts havent won a super bowl, and you are comparing a two-time NBA champion seeking their third to the colts?

Comparing the Pistons to the Patriots is ridiculous...the Patriots have won three and four, the pistons have work to do...

Den54 said:
To all the Heat fans here, sorry it did'nt work out.
You have a great team. Also, get rid of Zo he's dead weight.

We wouldn't have gotten as far as we did without Zo. He's anything but dead weight.

HVACservice said:
:D

I love it.....

The pistons play defense. Have you forgot?

Were not the Wizards......

And were not the Suns.

We will turn the Spurs into a "MASH" unit.

The Pistons are to the NBA......

What the Patriots are to the NFL.

A team.

I guess that means you're lucky like the Pats too, with all the injuries Miami had coming in, then Haslem getting hurt the day before and losing Wade in Game 5.

I know, it's silly. But do you think the outcome might have been different if Miami was full strength like Detroit?? I mean, Miami's MASH unit took you to the wire in Game 7.

I was at the game tonight, and unlike last year's finale(I was there too)...I didn't clap at the final seconds. Honestly, this team did not deserve to move on, I've felt that way since Saturday night, hence the fact that I really haven't posted much. I didn't expect this team to go out and win without Wade in game 6, but I expected some damn effort. When you play effortless because your leader is out, you show how much heart you have: none. The surges throughout the season to snatch homecourt was wasted, and it's a shame. I'd like to take my hat off for Dwyane Wade, Eddie Jones, Udonis Haslem, & Keyon Dooling for their never-give-up like efforts throughout the entire season, no matter what. I wish I could say the same about the rest of the team, but I just can't.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna post my Final Thoughts on every player on this team, the coaching staff, the offseason, and all of that sh*t.

Hats off to the Detroit Pistons. Sure, you're gonna get the "Shaq was 50%, Wade missed a game and was 50% for the most important one," but the effort & heart displayed by that Detroit team really shows what they are...Champions. Although this series taught me that Tayshaun Prince is the biggest b-tch in the NBA(Steve Francis finally has some competition), I will root that Detroit team on in the Finals. Hats off to Larry Brown, you will definitely be missed as a head coach by me, someone who is not only a Heat fan...but a fan of the NBA in general. Good luck in the Finals.

X-Con said:
I was at the game tonight, and unlike last year's finale(I was there too)...I didn't clap at the final seconds. Honestly, this team did not deserve to move on, I've felt that way since Saturday night, hence the fact that I really haven't posted much. I didn't expect this team to go out and win without Wade in game 6, but I expected some damn effort. When you play effortless because your leader is out, you show how much heart you have: none. The surges throughout the season to snatch homecourt was wasted, and it's a shame. I'd like to take my hat off for Dwyane Wade, Eddie Jones, Udonis Haslem, & Keyon Dooling for their never-give-up like efforts throughout the entire season, no matter what. I wish I could say the same about the rest of the team, but I just can't.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna post my Final Thoughts on every player on this team, the coaching staff, the offseason, and all of that sh*t.

Hats off to the Detroit Pistons. Sure, you're gonna get the "Shaq was 50%, Wade missed a game and was 50% for the most important one," but the effort & heart displayed by that Detroit team really shows what they are...Champions. Although this series taught me that Tayshaun Prince is the biggest b-tch in the NBA(Steve Francis finally has some competition), I will root that Detroit team on in the Finals. Hats off to Larry Brown, you will definitely be missed as a head coach by me, someone who is not only a Heat fan...but a fan of the NBA in general. Good luck in the Finals.

i would include shaq to that list...when the game was well out of reach in game 6 he was still doggin in and not wanted to be taken out...and wanted the game on his shoulders, the problem was that he was "40 percent"...he didnt nail it in when he easily couldve.

TerryTate said:
i would include shaq to that list...when the game was well out of reach in game 6 he was still doggin in and not wanted to be taken out...and wanted the game on his shoulders, the problem was that he was "40 percent"...he didnt nail it in when he easily couldve.

LOL, I thought I put him in there right after Wade, seriously......

Well I think the HEAT had a GREAT season and I am proud of them. I expect even bigger things for them next year.

ohall said:
Well I think the HEAT had a GREAT season and I am proud of them. I expect even bigger things for them next year.

Well, we'll have the MLE to work with in the offseason, and there's always sign-&-trade possibilities(especially with Eddie Jones' contract expiring in 2-years).

The key is trying to get Damon Jones not to force out, conditioning our players better, re-signing Haslem, and using our money the right way. My early offseason dream is working out a s&t for Joe Johnson, but that's unlikely.

Word out of Heat camp is that Qyntel Woods has been DOMINATING & man, would it be nice to see he & Dorell Wright develop.....

X-Con said:

Come on man. It sounds like you're ripping on Shaq, Damon, and ZO. What else do you want them to do, Jones shouldnt have been playing tonight with that ankle, we all know about Shaq's injury and Mourning's situation. I'm not using the injuries as an excuse, but don't question their effort.

I think Haslem will come back. He wants to be here at home. And as ****ty as this sounds, him busting up his finger probably helped us at the bargaining table because he was invisible for the majority of the games in this series. That's a kick in the balls for a guy that really came on this season and became a much better player than the guy everyone saw on ABC the last two weeks.

What I'd like to see is more skill at the PG position. Damon Jones is very good at what he does. But that doesn't include passing and dribbling. He's not bad at it. But he's a shooter, plain and simple. He's not a distributor of the ball (man I miss Timmy Hardaway). And it also doesn't include defense.

Where it balances itself out is that Jones is a big threat beyond the arc, whereas Dwyane Wade doesn't so much as attempt a shot behind the 3-point line. Gotta have at least one three-point shooter in the backcourt. Still, I'd rather have a pure point guard with better defensive skills. But you can't always get what you want.

Does Zo come back?? I should probably stop now, since all these questions take away from X-Con's writeup tomorrow.

Muck said:
I think Haslem will come back. He wants to be here at home. And as ****ty as this sounds, him busting up his finger probably helped us at the bargaining table because he was invisible for the majority of the games in this series. That's a kick in the balls for a guy that really came on this season and became a much better player than the guy everyone saw on ABC the last two weeks.

What I'd like to see is more skill at the PG position. Damon Jones is very good at what he does. But that doesn't include passing and dribbling. He's not bad at it. But he's a shooter, plain and simple. He's not a distributor of the ball (man I miss Timmy Hardaway). And it also doesn't include defense.

Where it balances itself out is that Jones is a big threat beyond the arc, whereas Dwyane Wade doesn't so much as attempt a shot behind the 3-point line. Gotta have at least one three-point shooter in the backcourt. Still, I'd rather have a pure point guard with better defensive skills. But you can't always get what you want.

Does Zo come back?? I should probably stop now, since all these questions take away from X-Con's writeup tomorrow.

Nah man, I'm far from an expert...I'm just a fan like everybody else. The more input from people, the better. Hopefully tomorrow's thread leads to assessments from everybody.

TerryTate said:
At least Zo doesnt have a criminal record....how much does 'Sheed do for charity?

Thank you come again.

Rasheed does alot for Charity, he just doesn't do it to shine the spotlight on himself like the thief. Sheed has done alot of boneheaded things on the court but he's a decent guy off it and he's done alot of good things.

Congrats to the Heat. They had a good year, the series was a matchup btw 2 evenly matched teams and the better team won. You guys should be fine next year and although the Champs must still be the favorite I would pick the Heat as my preseason favorite.

nyjunc said:
Rasheed does alot for Charity, he just doesn't do it to shine the spotlight on himself like the thief. Sheed has done alot of boneheaded things on the court but he's a decent guy off it and he's done alot of good things.

Congrats to the Heat. They had a good year, the series was a matchup btw 2 evenly matched teams and the better team won. You guys should be fine next year and although the Champs must still be the favorite I would pick the Heat as my preseason favorite.

How can you honestly say that the better team won this series? Shaq was at 40 percent and wade was lucky if he was 50 percent...

We wont know who the better team was...detroit caught a big break late that put them over the top.

TerryTate said:
How can you honestly say that the better team won this series? Shaq was at 40 percent and wade was lucky if he was 50 percent...

We wont know who the better team was...detroit caught a big break late that put them over the top.

At least man up and give credit to the defending champions.
Its been nothing but sour grapes from you since last night.
Nobody wants to hear about injuries. Other players needed to step up and they did'nt.

Den54 said:
At least man up and give credit to the defending champions.
Its been nothing but sour grapes from you since last night.
Nobody wants to hear about injuries. Other players needed to step up and they did'nt.

The Pistons did a great job and played like champs down the stretch, that's a given. I'm just stating the facts that injuries caught up to the Heat, that's all. I never said that the Heat wouldve won games 6 and 7 with a healthy D-Wade, I just said we'll never know.

Face the facts, Detroit caught a huge break. They also ran with it. Carpe Diem.

Back
Top Bottom