Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread

Not that I think we should sign him but if signed after May 1 would he effect our comp picks ?

Not that I think we should sign him but if signed after May 1 would he effect our comp picks ?

Why don't you think we should sign him?
Just curious here

Are you comfortable with Maxwell being the only notable CB on this team?
What if he gets hurt; then you're running with Taylor and Lippet as your 1 and 2?

No way we could afford him. We still have draft picks and money to spend on covering for injuries during the season. But, he is as an elite and not too old CB ... a position of need for us. I'm guessing the Raiders and Browns make huge offers to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
However he got there, he is now an All-Pro in his prime and I wouldn't rather roll the dice at the end of the 3rd round

He was an all-pro with Carolina. He may not be anything here. Different team. Ask Darrell Revis how things went when he left the Jets to play for Tampa Bay for more money.

Why don't you think we should sign him?
Just curious here

Are you comfortable with Maxwell being the only notable CB on this team?
What if he gets hurt; then you're running with Taylor and Lippet as your 1 and 2?

Stated reasons a few posts back but simply, I'm in building mode, don't see us as legit contenders this coming year though the potential is possibly growing more than I previously thought and it will tie up to much cap, rather have that cap space to get better quality in several areas instead of one.
Don't know about Max to judge but think a Jackson, Apple, Possibly, VH3, a cheaper with unlimited potential who are also in the beginning of career not end...

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports free agent CB Josh Norman is looking for in excess of $14 million per year.

He was an all-pro with Carolina. He may not be anything here. Different team. Ask Darrell Revis how things went when he left the Jets to play for Tampa Bay for more money.
who is more likely to bust, Norman or that comp pick?

No way we could afford him. We still have draft picks and money to spend on covering for injuries during the season. But, he is as elite and young as it gets at CB ... a position of need for us. I'm guessing the Raiders and Browns make huge offers to him.

Yes we can. Year 1 cap # can be anything. Huge signing bonus. Easy.

[TWEET]723143712352522241[/TWEET]

He had one good season on a very good defense. I'm from Charlotte and never really heard of him until this year. Not enough sample size to throw the kind of money he wants at him. Pass.

Back
Top Bottom