Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread

who is more likely to bust, Norman or that comp pick?

That's not a fair comparison. I can just as easily say who is going to cost more if they bust? The comp pick busts and the cost is negligible. Norman busts and Miami is out north of $20mm. Not saying the chance of bust is the same but the cost isn't either.
I have two problems with Norman. The first is, obviously, money. The second is he won't have that front 7 to lower his exposure time. I don't think he'll 'bust' but I don't think he'll play up to $16mm either. Read somewhere Car offered $11-12mm. If he can be signed for that, I'll not complain. $16mm? Nope. CB at #13.
Tangentially, if he wants to play in Calf as reported and since SF has the cap space, I suspect this is just a theoretical discussion.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

who is more likely to bust, Norman or that comp pick?

That's not a fair comparison. I can just as easily say who is going to cost more if they bust? The comp pick busts and the cost is negligible. Norman busts and Miami is out north of $20mm. Not saying the chance of bust is the same but the cost isn't either.
I have two problems with Norman. The first is, obviously, money. The second is he won't have that front 7 to lower his exposure time. I don't think he'll 'bust' but I don't think he'll play up to $16mm either. Read somewhere Car offered $11-12mm. If he can be signed for that, I'll not complain. $16mm? Nope. CB at #13.
Tangentially, if he wants to play in Calf as reported and since SF has the cap space, I suspect this is just a theoretical discussion.

ESPN lists 8 possible landing spots for Norman

The Dolphins are in search of a starting cornerback opposite Byron Maxwell. Norman would be an excellent pickup in the No. 1 corner role, which would allow Maxwell to play in a more natural role as Miami's No. 2 CB. The Dolphins should have interest, but, as usual, money is a question mark. The Dolphins have about $19.5 million of cap room left for 2016, according to the latest NFLPA figures. They still need to sign an entire rookie class, and Norman will seek top dollar. -- James Walker

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15282975/possible-landing-spots-former-carolina-panthers-cb-josh-norman-nfl

Is this financially feasible? What maneuvers would it take to get this done?

Do you guys even think Norman would want to play in Miami? I imagine playing with our D-Line would seem enticing.

QUOTE=rent this space;1065712209]who is more likely to bust, Norman or that comp pick?[/QUOTE]

@AdamSchefter 1h ago
Teams expressing most interest in former Panthers CB Josh Norman so far include SF, Washington, Pittsburgh, Miami. Others also making pitch.

@AdamSchefter 32m ago
Other teams that have expressed interest in CB Josh Norman include the Bucs, Jets, Bears and Titans.

well....as good as he is....I think some of his "talent" is highlighted due to the front 7 of Carolina...the front 7 of our team MUST be the difference if we expect to be a contender...we have an aging DE coming off an injury...an aging DE coming off a questionable season at buffalo...

We have no playmakers at LB....without revamping the front 7 I don't see him making us a contender...I would love his talent and would definitely take him as a player but he will need help from a vicious d-line and linebacker group to showcase his talent...imo

Even if we land Hargreaves or apple or Jackson they will struggle without a force up front

Completely agree, our LB are abysmal. Worst in the league (hopefully Alonso bounces back). That being said, if we are fortunate enough to land Norman we should grab Shaq Lawson (rotate with Wake and Williams, great run defense and will be a very good pass rusher) or move down and grab Ragland. We got ran all over last year, it has to stop.

i don't see how he fits the new scheme all that well...unless miamis gonna run one corner primarily in press and the other in something else on the outside

seems unlikely we would do that to me...odd

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15282975/possible-landing-spots-former-carolina-panthers-cb-josh-norman-nfl

Is this financially feasible? What maneuvers would it take to get this done?

Do you guys even think Norman would want to play in Miami? I imagine playing with our D-Line would seem enticing.

No maneuvers are really necessary, we could sign him for 10 or so million this year and still have 8 million to sign our rookies. What makes this possible is our cap number next year. We have 43 million and no real free agents besides maybe wake and kiko alonso if he plays well. Some other guys like jelani jenkins,cameron jordan, stills are free agents as well but neither stills or jelani should break the bank and we can get cameron back for 6-7 million if he plays well. It does get kind of tricky come 2018 when we need to resign landry to a pretty big contract and suh makes 26 million with tannehill making 20 million. As of now albert is on the books for 11 million in 2018 but he might be gone by then freeing up 10 million. Salary cap will also be 20 million higher and by then we'll know if tannehill is our guy so restructing him is always an option.

This would put in cap hell....please say No to Norman!

This would put in cap hell....please say No to Norman!

This will put us in hell? this?

Ndamukong-Suh.jpg

He was one of the best corners in the NFL last year and we need a starting corner. I would try to sign him regardless of the cap situation. He would instantly upgrade our secondary and give us options to pick other positions of need in the draft.

i don't see how he fits the new scheme all that well...unless miamis gonna run one corner primarily in press and the other in something else on the outside

seems unlikely we would do that to me...odd

Could be media driven speculation. Any team needing a QB is assumed interested.

remember next year we get rid of Tannehill's salary, so they can put bigger money in year two

This always makes me laugh..... Same guys saying we will be in Cap hell, are the same guys who hate Apponte...... At what point after signing the highest paid FA every year do you guys say to yourself...... Hey, this Apponte is pretty good at her job? She is the best in the business fellas, if she says we can do it, we can do it.

Not sure if Norman is it, but we need a vet CB who can start while the CB (s) we draft develop.

Back
Top Bottom