*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK4 | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK4

thanks S.O.S figured id check this before i went to bed (back to work in am vacations over) and that compilation of gifs is atrocious. looks like he has a good motor so going to lower my expectations to a few second effort or coverage sacks, and a couple of cam wake gift wraps. really bummed seeing that since i haven't been able to watch him play thus far.

Nice ST coaching and heads up play by Morgan to fade away from a punt within the 20 and make the fair catch signal on the opposite side of the field to draw the opposition and better ensure it bounces thru endzone.

Thought Morgan had a good game and looked really comfortable fielding punts ( also made good decisions) and made some plays in the passing game. I wish he could stick but I don't see how.

Just look how easy it is for the LT to block our 9 tech (Harris) on a basic power play. Ridiculous.

Center pins the 1 tech (Godchaux) and the backside guard pulls into the frontside C gap.

A consistent use of the wide 9 is useless.

The scheme clearly blows. Why is Burke sticking with it?

Here's your #1 draft pick playing pattycake with the LT.

OMG even as a situational player he hasn't shown anything. I can understand drafting an elite situational pass rusher (high value skill) but you better have elite pass rush skills, and be an above average athlete if your gonna draft a one trick pony at 22.

He's unqualified and doesn't know how to install anything else other than what was handed to him.

Most coaches can't just install whatever they want if their head coach or higher ups say this is what we wan't you to do. To say he's unqualified or doesn't know how to install another defense seems a bit harsh considering it could just be a case of a coach following directions.

I've said it before and I'm sure you'll hear me say it again; worst place to be in a pass rush situation is behind the QB because it allows him to easily step up in the pocket, allude the pressure, and make the play. Wide 9 lends to that setting way too often.

LT's job couldn't be easier so far vs Harris.

Though I agree this does happen with the Wide 9 a lot, in this case it has more to do with that get off and having absolutely no bend on the play.

Most coaches can't just install whatever they want if their head coach or higher ups say this is what we wan't you to do. To say he's unqualified or doesn't know how to install another defense seems a bit harsh considering it could just be a case of a coach following directions.

A real DC brings his own scheme and/or knows how to mold and/or overhaul a system according to player strengths. Only someone who is an amateur or is unqualified does not have those options. And if Gase does have the final call here, I don't want to hear another peep from anyone about why I don't trust him as a HC yet.

All these poor clips of Harris so far are from the first defensive series (against a backup LT). I haven't even gotten to the others.

Never mind, that was it for him. There's you final run for the #1 pick.

I'd like to watch Tankersly but the All-22 isn't available for preseason games.

Last edited:
Just look how easy it is for the LT to block our 9 tech (Harris) on a basic power play. Ridiculous.

Center pins the 1 tech (Godchaux) and the backside guard pulls into the frontside C gap.

A consistent use of the wide 9 is useless.

Godchaux lack of flexibility really showed on that play. Other than Suh we still don't have a DT than can get underneath pads and really anchor down.

Godchaux lack of flexibility really showed on that play. Other than Suh we still don't have a DT than can get underneath pads and really anchor down.

Also there as the 1 tech, when the guard pulls you need to flatten down the LOS in the direction of the center's hook block.

Godchaux errors by continuing pursuit into the backfield which is another drawback and instinct coached in our attack scheme.

Also there as the 1 tech, when the guard pulls you need to flatten down the LOS in the direction of the center's hook block.

Godchaux errors by continuing pursuit into the backfield which is another drawback and instinct coached in our attack scheme.
Great point, flattening down should of been his first instinct but this was a problem for Godchaux at LSU as well.

Well this is comforting . . . Rashod Hill is the backup LT. :sick

That's good news, I was afraid it was T.J. Clemmings, who last year proved himself to be the Dallas Thomas of tackles. Still, you know... pretty depressing performance.

About Darr, I don't know why people say he was ok, last year he was pretty bad.

Morgan looked much safer catching the punts than Jakeem Grant. I'd put him on the Practice Squad if he doesn't make the roster.

He's unqualified and doesn't know how to install anything else other than what was handed to him.
Matt Burke was educated at Dartmouth

As coach:
For the Sons of Shula's benefit - 11 years coaching experience in the NFL probably doesn't make him unqualified. To the contrary, he seems to have had very good preparation for the Defensive Coordinator's role. Furthermore, he is the guy that Gase wants as his right hand man. Why do you constantly and incorrectly dismiss Burke as being unqualified?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom