***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 137 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he nearly threw that one in the endzone all I could do was shake my head. WTF is going on here? How did we go from thumping GT and beating OK to losing to Clemson, NC and freaking Duke?

The hallmark of bad coaching is when you don't beat the teams you're supposed to beat.

Had a pretty good 2nd half, holding to Duke to 3 points and scoring 24 on them to win 34-16. Last game of the regular season is @ USF in Tampa. Let's finish the year with a win! :woot:

Nice win Canes, can still get to 10 wins, which would be big for the team, and program.

So for those of you who scratch your head week in and week out as to why Damien Berry gets limited playing time and Dancin' Graig Cooper gets most of the burn...this is what I was told yesterday shortly after the game.

First off, I don't think it's any big secret that Randy Shannon has his favorites and holds grudges. But Damien Berry himself said, "People are building up this Heisman talk **** for next season already. I work hard. I don't get out of line. I do what is asked of me. I play special teams and do everything right and I still can't get more playing time. What the ****." Apparently back when Randy Shannon was at Miami as a player in the late 1980's, he had a teammate by the name of Kenny Berry who is Damien's father. Randy was seeing a girl at the time and she eventually left him for guess who...Kenny Berry. Those I spoke with yesterday after them game tell me that Randy still has some animosity towards Kenny and that he's using Damien to get back at Kenny.

Now, if this is true and I don't doubt that it is because I trust the people I know, that's a huge character flaw on Randy Shannon. The program he has spent his entire life a part of and loves so much is hurting to a degree because of Shannon's jealously. It's not fair to hold what happened 20 years ago against a great kid today. It just really rubs me the wrong way.

In other news, Leonard Hankerson says that of right now he is 100% coming back next season.

So for those of you who scratch your head week in and week out as to why Damien Berry gets limited playing time and Dancin' Graig Cooper gets most of the burn...this is what I was told yesterday shortly after the game.

First off, I don't think it's any big secret that Randy Shannon has his favorites and holds grudges. But Damien Berry himself said, "People are building up this Heisman talk **** for next season already. I work hard. I don't get out of line. I do what is asked of me. I play special teams and do everything right and I still can't get more playing time. What the ****." Apparently back when Randy Shannon was at Miami as a player in the late 1980's, he had a teammate by the name of Kenny Berry who is Damien's father. Randy was seeing a girl at the time and she eventually left him for guess who...Kenny Berry. Those I spoke with yesterday after them game tell me that Randy still has some animosity towards Kenny and that he's using Damien to get back at Kenny.

Now, if this is true and I don't doubt that it is because I trust the people I know, that's a huge character flaw on Randy Shannon. The program he has spent his entire life a part of and loves so much is hurting to a degree because of Shannon's jealously. It's not fair to hold what happened 20 years ago against a great kid today. It just really rubs me the wrong way.

In other news, Leonard Hankerson says that of right now he is 100% coming back next season.

I was listening to the Big O all week, and he was trashing Hankerson because of drops . . . I am thinking in my head . . . this kid has been our most CLUTCH receiver by FARRR this year. He goes out and has a bananas game.

As far as Berry goes . . . this team is LOADED at RB with him James and Miller for next season. We will not lose a beat at all. Berry is a monster and he needs more carries and if that is indeed Shannon's reasoning, we need to start looking for a new coach, because that is just plain out STUPID.

Then again, why even recruit that kid if he knows who his father is . . . don't make sense.

a 10 win season would be HUGE for this team and this program.

As far as bowl projections I have heard some interesting ones:

vs. USC in the Holiday bowl
vs. Cincinnatti/Pitt in the Meineke Car Care Bowl
vs. Notre Dame in the Gator Bowl
vs. Georgia in the Chick Fil-A

If I'm that kid and any of that is even remotely true, I'm transferring tomorrow.

I told Damien the same thing I told Shawnbrey last season and that's if he doesn't want his talent wasted he'll transfer. Unfortunately Damien has already redshirted and is a Junior. Fortunately Shawnbrey transferred in the offseason to SMU and is the best running back you've never heard of.

Thats messed up man...that kid is a beast. If that ****s true, not only is he hurting the kids future but hes hurting the team. Every time he gets on the field he makes an statement.

a 10 win season would be HUGE for this team and this program.

As far as bowl projections I have heard some interesting ones:

vs. USC in the Holiday bowl
vs. Cincinnatti/Pitt in the Meineke Car Care Bowl
vs. Notre Dame in the Gator Bowl
vs. Georgia in the Chick Fil-A

This is the one I want! I think it's the most likely too. The Gator Bowl has A LOT of trouble selling out their games, and this is their last year with the ACC and with Notre Dame. If their only objective is to sell out the game, this is the only matchup that could. I'd be there in a heartbeat.

If that's a true story, I could see why he would not show favoritism towards Damien, but not playing Damien hurts Randy too, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Graig Cooper isn't just going to get benched either. He's a little like Ronnie Brown in that he needs to learn to dance less and use his speed more. Right now Damien's the better back, but Graig could be that guy that takes us to the next level. If Damien would've been playing all year, I think we'd be seeing a different Jacory Harris too. Damien keeps the chains moving, and wouldn't be putting us in third and long consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom