***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 139 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami will wear the combat jerseys for the bowl game as of right now. I don't know how much has to be cleared with the NCAA, etc., for that to happen but that's the players wish. Spent some time out lat Hooter's last night with Fox, Trump, Horn, Franklin, and Pipho last night. I told them it probably wouldn't be a good idea for them to follow us over to Mons Venus lol. Go back to your hotel, take your hats off, and read your Bible if you want to play in the bowl game lol.

The only thing I know as of right now is that Orlando Franklin will be the starting left tackle next season. Someone has to replace Jason Fox. Last night, AJ Trump was giving Franklin a hard time because he said Orlando hadn't slept much since Wednesday because he was nervous about the game. It was the first time Orlando had made a start on the blindside. Franklin said he laid awake most of the night leading up to the game yesterday. Brandon Washington will also be a starter next season. And I gotta think Jermaine Johnson finds his way onto that line.

***THIS JUST IN***

Miami just had another false start on the field goal attempt :lol:

Miami will wear the combat jerseys for the bowl game as of right now. I don't know how much has to be cleared with the NCAA, etc., for that to happen but that's the players wish. Spent some time out lat Hooter's last night with Fox, Trump, Horn, Franklin, and Pipho last night. I told them it probably wouldn't be a good idea for them to follow us over to Mons Venus lol. Go back to your hotel, take your hats off, and read your Bible if you want to play in the bowl game lol.

I hope they wear those jerseys again, they looked sick. I had doubts about them first but looked good. LOL @ the strip club story though.

I'm thinking if Georgia Tech beats Clemson on Saturday . . . that will land Miami in the Gator Bowl. Potentially get WVA or Notre Dame

If Clemson wins, I dunno, but it will be a much more UNKNOWN bowl.

I think its KEY for Miami to win their bowl game. A 10 win season means ALOT to this program . . . to go from 5 to 7 to 10. These guys will know how vital it is to win the ACC next season. That is the next step . . .

As for next year . . . it will be tuff with some tuff outer conference road games.

Yea we have to go TO Ohio State and TO Pittsburgh. Out of conference. However, we play Va Tech, FSU and UNC . . . in OUR house. The big road conference games are AT Ga Tech and AT Clemson

Prediction for next season:

Miami 11-2 (Loss @ Ohio State and @ Ga Tech) / ACC Champs / (defeating FSU in championship game)

Winners of the Orange Bowl

Prediction for 2011:

Miami - 13-0 - ACC Champs and birth in the BCS national title game

I've got anywhere between 4 and 6 losses for us next season. Tough schedule. Rando McShanzook still coaching. Coach Pannuziclown still spearheading the special teams unit. John Puppet still pretending he's running the defense. I'm just not very excited about it.

Clemson won't be easy either despite their loss of Spiller and Ford. Plus we're on the road. Virginia Tech comes to us but Ryan Williams is a MONSTER.

I dunno . . . Jacory with a FULL offseason of Whipple's offense in his back pocket . . . more Berry, James and Miller at RB . . . all of our WR's are still here . . . I think our OLine is going to be better. Hopefully this defense is fully healthy next season . . . I dunno, I think we are going to make some big strides next season.

Schedule is tuff as hell tho, no kidding about that.

The thing about Whipple...I don't know how to feel about that guy. I've been to every game this year. I've had the pleasure of seeing some of them up close and personal. And I'm watching and it seems like every pass play is thrown at least 20 yards deep. I'm wondering what happened to picking defenses apart over the middle of the field.

Remember when Whipple was hired and he said that he was going to do whatever he wanted on the field and the defense would just have to deal with it or something along those lines? It kinda makes me wonder if he's trying to force things that aren't there. But then again, there are two sides to this. Is Whipple calling these deep pass plays repeatedly, or is he mixing it up like a great coordinator does and Jacory is looking for the home run too often? I think it's a great question but I've yet to ask anyone because although I might know some people well-connected within the program that could answer the question, I'm not really the guy that wants to come across as trying to equivocally point a finger and make accusations you know?

But it makes me wonder who is really responsible for all of these looks deep down the field. I don't want Jimmy Graham making catches 20 - 30 yards deep over the middle. Yeah, it's spectacular when he does it but he doesn't need to be the guy making that play. Graham needs to pick up linebackers over the middle and help isolate the burners on the outside. If Graham is coming over the middle as slow as he is and Jacory is locking onto him as soon as the ball is snapped, everyone is migrating to the middle of the field. It's just not efficient football.

If Jacory learns to look off receivers, not 'locking in' to one guy the entire play, I think we should go 11-1, ACC title, possible BCS title game. I think that loss could go to Va Tech. Depends on when we play Ga Tech too. I'm not worried about going up to Ohio State and Pitt. The guys proved this year that they are up for an early challenge. I'm very excited about this team's potential, but again, it's going to depend on the coaching, and the growth of the current players. I was also very excited about Kyle Wright's junior season, and we all know how that turned out.

Next season should be a good one. Think the injuries to out DL really hurt us. And the loss of Futch prob hurt us more then we know.

Losing Futch cost us the Clemson game. Yes there was some terrible coaching moves, and terrible throws at times, but I think we overcome those with strong special teams play, and better tackling. It will be nice to see the team back at full strength next year. Getting Ojomo back out there, and putting Bailey back at DT should be nice. Marcus Forston will be back, and I think our D-line depth will improve drastically. Hopefully we can bring in Chandler and Lemonier...I'm not too optimistic at all about Louis Nix, but after this year, you'd have to think 'the more the merrier' on the defensive line.

Another big key will be the O-line. They were the weakest unit, IMO, particularly at RT. I wish some of the younger guys got more reps later in the season, but the game against USF was very promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom