***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 140 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall, I'd put the units like this:

Wide Receiver
Quarterback
Running Back
Defensive Line
Secondary
Linebackers (only due to Spence being out for so long)
Tight End
Waterboys
Offensive Line

I expect all units of the defense to improve next year because of addition by subtraction, and guys coming back from injury on the D-line. Ray Ray, McGee, and Player X will be upgrades over Phillips, Shields/Grant, and Sharpton. Randy's definitely brought back the talent to the gables.

I don't know if I would count Allen Bailey as back for next year just yet. Guy may have 1st round potential next year. Heard McShay and Kiper both say that the scouts love this guy.

This Miami team has a lot of potential for next year. Can't wait.

Also gonna be watching a lot of Miami basketball this year. Certainly some talent on that squad and they've looked good so far with a 7-0 record. Granted they haven't played anybody, but the games haven't even been close so that's a good sign.

The Gator Bowl really has nothing to lose. They're matching up with the Big 10/SEC from now on. It's their last chance to get Notre Dame. The only way they're selling out that stadium on Jan. 1 is Miami/ND. There's no one to please or impress. The money is there for them to make.

I guess I should revise this to say, the other way they'd sell out the game is by putting FSU against West Virginia, which is what I think they're going to do now that Bobby Bowden has announced his retirement. Sucks for the rest of the ACC, and particularly Miami, who deserved to play in the Gator Bowl, and we'll have to play where FSU should have. I wonder if we're headed back to San Fran.....:rolleyes2:

Peach Bowl is going to be Virginia Tech and Tennessee. Sucks we're gonna get left out of the Gator Bowl for ****** FSU.

Peach Bowl is going to be Virginia Tech and Tennessee. Sucks we're gonna get left out of the Gator Bowl for ****** FSU.
Cant blame them there. But Jeremiah....JK. Are they really putting FSU in the Gator Bowl? That sucks *** and is a disgrace and shows how bowls are a complete joke. I am really pissed right now.

FSU to the Gator Bowl is basically a done deal. I'm hearing we could possibly end up in the Music City Bowl against Kentucky. I think we end up in the Capital One Bowl to be honest. Personally, I'd like to get to the Meineke Car Care Bowl since it's just a short drive North for me.

FSU to the Gator Bowl is basically a done deal. I'm hearing we could possibly end up in the Music City Bowl against Kentucky. I think we end up in the Capital One Bowl to be honest. Personally, I'd like to get to the Meineke Car Care Bowl since it's just a short drive North for me.

You mean the Champs Sports? I think that's where we'll end up too, but if Clemson wins on saturday, I wouldn't be surprised to see us in San Fran. Depends on if the Music City wants BC. I don't now why the Car Care wouldn't want UNC, given the location, and Miami's notoriety of not having traveling fans.

Yeah, Champs Sports Bowl, Citrus Bowl, or whatever that garbage bowl in Orlando is lol. The Meineke Car Care Bowl is wishful thinking on my part because it's light on my wallet lol. The Emerald Bowl is a possibility against USC. I'd hate to get that bowl. It's expensive and we get our ***** handed to us.

Champs isn't too bad. It's definitely garbage compared to what we had the potential to get this year, but starting next year it's going to be our new Gator Bowl (i.e. they have 2nd pick after the BCS).

Car Care is a possibility if the Music City can somehow get UNC, but I don't know what our appeal would be over BC to the Car Care bowl committee. Sad to say I think they'd bring more BC fans to NC than they would Miami fans.

Definitely agree with the Emerald, about going out there, and still getting whooped. But we don't know who that will be yet, because there's so many Pac 10 teams playing this weekend. If I'm not mistaken the Nuts bowl gets 3rd dibs after the BCS, so So Cal would probably have to lose to Arizona this weekend for them to drop down to us. But then again, if you told me we were playing USC in a bowl game this year, I woulda thought we had a pretty good season. We still had a good season though, we deserved the Gator Bowl. An improvement over what this team has been lately.

I think we end up in the Chumps or the Car bowls personally. I don't know how we'd end up in the Emerald again, but stranger things have happened.

I guess we'll just find out on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom